The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by h333
Wa'alaykum assalaam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Ikr it's pointless, they could have just edited the last thread's OP.

You're welcome. Yh insha'Allah but the trolls and the haters are trying hard to get rid of ISOC.

They can only dream 😂
Thanks for the tag 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h333
So why can't the OP be changed back to IdeasForLife?

I honestly see no significant difference of the rehashed isoc op.

Original post by Emerald7770
Which Arabic words are not aloud?:/

They want to change it all!

Afaik there is no change. At some point, we will have the list of translations for commonly used terms - to be kindly added in by BlinkyBill
Reply 22
Original post by HAnwar
They can only dream 😂
Thanks for the tag 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

Assalaamu Alaykum
It's sad to see them trying so hard lol
You're welcome 😊

Original post by ash92:)

Afaik there is no change. At some point, we will have the list of translations for commonly used terms - to be kindly added in by BlinkyBill

Yh insha'Allah they change it.
Reply 23

One of you guys need to PM him so you can add in the translations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by h333
Assalaamu Alaykum
It's sad to see them trying so hard lol
You're welcome 😊

Yh insha'Allah they change it.

و علیکم السلام

Lol it ain't gonna happen. We still have our ISOC.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Capture.jpg
Can someone recommend me a Quran but with the most modern translation ? Some of them have thus and all those fancy words in and I cba for it. I just need an easy to read one cos then I'd be more interested in reading it. I really need one. Jazakallah Khair :biggrin:
Capture.PNG
Capture.jpg
whattup
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg
Capture.PNG
Capture.jpg
Original post by HAnwar
One of you guys need to PM him so you can add in the translations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

already done afaik :yy:

Original post by Emerald7770
Can someone recommend me a Quran but with the most modern translation ? Some of them have thus and all those fancy words in and I cba for it. I just need an easy to read one cos then I'd be more interested in reading it. I really need one. Jazakallah Khair :biggrin:

Sahih International is a good one. Words like 'thus' are common as we still use them today. What you don't want is something like the Yusuf Ali translation which is in Old English.
20170809_203619.png
حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ اللَّهِ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدَةُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ، عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ الْمُسَيَّبِ الثَّقَفِيِّ، عَنْ شَهْرِ بْنِ حَوْشَبٍ، عَنْ عَبْدِ الرَّحْمَنِ بْنِ غَنْمٍ، عَنْ أَبِي ذَرٍّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏:‏ "‏ إِنَّ اللَّهَ تَبَارَكَ وَتَعَالَى يَقُولُ يَا عِبَادِي كُلُّكُمْ مُذْنِبٌ إِلاَّ مَنْ عَافَيْتُ فَسَلُونِي الْمَغْفِرَةَ فَأَغْفِرَ لَكُمْ وَمَنْ عَلِمَ مِنْكُمْ أَنِّي ذُو قُدْرَةٍ عَلَى الْمَغْفِرَةِ فَاسْتَغْفَرَنِي بِقُدْرَتِي غَفَرْتُ لَهُ، وَكُلُّكُمْ ضَالٌّ إِلاَّ مَنْ هَدَيْتُ فَسَلُونِي الْهُدَى أَهْدِكُمْ، وَكُلُّكُمْ فَقِيرٌ إِلاَّ مَنْ أَغْنَيْتُ فَسَلُونِي أَرْزُقْكُمْ، وَلَوْ أَنَّ حَيَّكُمْ وَمَيِّتَكُمْ وَأَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَرَطْبَكُمْ وَيَابِسَكُمُ اجْتَمَعُوا فَكَانُوا عَلَى قَلْبِ أَتْقَى عَبْدٍ مِنْ عِبَادِي - لَمْ يَزِدْ فِي مُلْكِي جَنَاحُ بَعُوضَةٍ، وَلَوِ اجْتَمَعُوا فَكَانُوا عَلَى قَلْبِ أَشْقَى عَبْدٍ مِنْ عِبَادِي لَمْ يَنْقُصْ مِنْ مُلْكِي جَنَاحُ بَعُوضَةٍ وَلَوْ أَنَّ حَيَّكُمْ وَمَيِّتَكُمْ، وَأَوَّلَكُمْ وَآخِرَكُمْ وَرَطْبَكُمْ وَيَابِسَكُمُ اجْتَمَعُوا، فَسَأَلَ كُلُّ سَائِلٍ مِنْهُمْ مَا بَلَغَتْ أُمْنِيَّتُهُ - مَا نَقَصَ مِنْ مُلْكِي إِلاَّ كَمَا لَوْ أَنَّ أَحَدَكُمْ مَرَّ بِشَفَةِ الْبَحْرِ فَغَمَسَ فِيهَا إِبْرَةً ثُمَّ نَزَعَهَا، ذَلِكَ بِأَنِّي جَوَادٌ مَاجِدٌ عَطَائِي كَلاَمٌ إِذَا أَرَدْتُّ شَيْئًا فَإِنَّمَا أَقُولُ لَهُ ‏:‏ كُنْ فَيَكُونُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

It was narrated from Abu Dharr that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
“Allah the Blessed and Exalted says: ‘O My slaves, all of you are sinners except those whom I have saved. So ask Me for forgiveness, I will forgive you. Whoever among you knows that I have the power to forgive and asks Me to forgive by My power, I will forgive him. All of you are astray except those whom I guide. Ask Me for guidance and I will guide you. All of you are poor except those whom I enrich (make independent of means). Ask of Me and I will grant you provision. Even if your living and your dead, your first and your last, your fresh and your dry, were all as pious as the most pious among My slaves, that would not increase my dominion as much as a gnat’s wing, and if they were to be as evil as the most evil among My slaves, that would not detract from My dominion as much as a gnat’s wing. Even if your living and your dead, your first and your last, your fresh and your dry, were to join together and each of them were to ask for all that he wishes for, that would only detract from My dominion as much as if one of you were to pass by the edge of the sea and dip a needle in it and withdraw it. That is because I am the Most Generous, Majestic. I give with a word; when I will something, all I do is say to it “Be!” and it is.’”

[Sunan Ibn Majah]
أَخْبَرَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو الأَحْوَصِ، عَنْ أَبِي إِسْحَاقَ، عَنْ بُرَيْدٍ، عَنْ أَبِي الْحَوْرَاءِ، قَالَ قَالَ الْحَسَنُ عَلَّمَنِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم كَلِمَاتٍ أَقُولُهُنَّ فِي الْوَتْرِ فِي الْقُنُوتِ "‏ اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ وَعَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعْطَيْتَ وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ إِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلاَ يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ وَإِنَّهُ لاَ يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَتَعَالَيْتَ ‏"‏

It was narrated that Abu Al-Jawza said:
"Al-Hasan said: "The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) taught me some words to say in witr in Qunut: Allahumma ihdini fiman hadayta wa 'afini fiman afayta wa tawallani fiman tawallayta wa barik li fima a'tayta, wa qini sharra ma qadayta, fa innaka taqdi wa la yuqda 'alayk, wa innahu la yadhilluman walayta, tabarakta Rabbana wa ta'alayt (O Allah, guide me among those whom You have guided, pardon me among those You have pardoned, turn to me in friendship among those on whom You have turned in friendship, and bless me in what You have bestowed, and save me from the evil of what You have decreed. For verily You decree and none can influence You; and he is not humiliated whom You have befriended. Blessed are You, O Lord, and Exalted.)'"

[Sunan an-Nasa'ee, graded Saheeh by Darussalam]
already done afaik :yy:

Sahih International is a good one. Words like 'thus' are common as we still use them today. What you don't want is something like the Yusuf Ali translation which is in Old English.

[QUOTE=ash92[excludedFace]smile[/excludedFace];73124022]already done afaik :yy:

oh wow I just found one on my book shelf , jazkallah khair and found a couple more .
(edited 6 years ago)
IMG_0189.JPG
Very true

Latest

Trending

Trending