Scroll to see replies

Capture.PNG
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg

:angry:
(edited 6 years ago)
Asalam alaykum :smile:

Inshaallah everyone is doing well.

I had a lengthy discussion with my brother and sister over the weekend and I convinced them to come to the mosque with me to find out some more information about it. They're both younger than me and not super religious but like me they've been contemplating religion and god for a long time. They looked into Christianity first a few years ago but wasn't convinced by it.

I'm doing my best to tell them all I know about Islam and what it means to be Muslim but hopefully the Imam can explain things much better than I can. Would you please say some Dua's for them?

Jazak Allah Khair
Reply 1586
Original post by beautifulxxx
Lool I had the exact same thought after quoting you yesterday, they love getting brave behind their screens.

Alhamdulilah xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

<3

Original post by KeepYourChinUp

I had a lengthy discussion with my brother and sister over the weekend and I convinced them to come to the mosque with me to find out some more information about it. They're both younger than me and not super religious but like me they've been contemplating religion and god for a long time. They looked into Christianity first a few years ago but wasn't convinced by it.

I'm doing my best to tell them all I know about Islam and what it means to be Muslim but hopefully the Imam can explain things much better than I can. Would you please say some Dua's for them?

Jazak Allah Khair

Wa'alaykum assalaam
Alhamdulillah well, hope you're well too.

Masha'Allah that's good to know. Do what you can for them and supplicate for their guidance insha'Allah.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala guide them to the straight path. Ameen.

BaarakAllahu Feek.
Original post by h333
<3

Wa'alaykum assalaam
Alhamdulillah well, hope you're well too.

Masha'Allah that's good to know. Do what you can for them and supplicate for their guidance insha'Allah.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala guide them to the straight path. Ameen.

BaarakAllahu Feek.

You're on prsom for me :redface:

Alhamdulillah I am doing fine, I'm back in the UK for a few weeks so it's nice to see family and old friends again :smile:

May Allah bless for for the Dua.

I see the trolls are still making appearances, nearly 5 years on this site and some things just never change lol, quite tragic really. It's actually funny I was told the day after I said the shahada that Muslims need to watch out for devious people who will try to make your faith weak and weaker and this is one of the biggest tests from Allah.

Thankfully I've not had to deal with anything like that yet but for some Muslims it could be a regular occurrence. May Allah keep our faith strong, amen :smile:

Jazak Allah Khair

Walaikum salam.

Alhamdulilah. Not long until you come to Saudi in shaa Allah, how are you feeling about it?

Ma shaa Allah that's great, keep it up! And of course we will, may Allah open their hearts towards the religion of Islam and guide them, ameen.

Wa iyak.
135. (Those who do good are) Those who, if they carry out an open immoral act or oppress themselves (by committing any other sin), they think of Allaah and repent for their sins. Who can pardon sins besides Allaah? And (in addition to repenting) they do not intentionally continue (repeat) what (wrong) they do.

136. The reward for these people shall be forgiveness from their Rabb and Jannaat beneath which rivers flow, where they shall live forever. Excellent indeed is the reward for those who work (to please Allaah; who repent and do good actions).

Aal-i-imran , Quran.
Reply 1591
You're on prsom for me :redface:

Alhamdulillah I am doing fine, I'm back in the UK for a few weeks so it's nice to see family and old friends again :smile:

May Allah bless for for the Dua.

I see the trolls are still making appearances, nearly 5 years on this site and some things just never change lol, quite tragic really. It's actually funny I was told the day after I said the shahada that Muslims need to watch out for devious people who will try to make your faith weak and weaker and this is one of the biggest tests from Allah.

Thankfully I've not had to deal with anything like that yet but for some Muslims it could be a regular occurrence. May Allah keep our faith strong, amen :smile:

It's just a rep, no worries.

That's very nice to hear. Hope you enjoy your time here with them.

Ameen, wa iyyak.

Yh lol, trolls will keep trolling. SubhanAllah so true but dw they can't bring this strong society down Insha'Allah. It's so sad to see them try so hard. I feel so sorry for them tbh, they really need help. May Allah guide them and protect us. Ameen

That's good Alhamdulillah. Yh it probably is for some, sadly. Ameen.
Reply 1592
IMG_1483.JPG
Reply 1593
IMG_1484.JPG
Original post by h333
It's just a rep, no worries.

That's very nice to hear. Hope you enjoy your time here with them.

Ameen, wa iyyak.

Yh lol, trolls will keep trolling. SubhanAllah so true but dw they can't bring this strong society down Insha'Allah. It's so sad to see them try so hard. I feel so sorry for them tbh, they really need help. May Allah guide them and protect us. Ameen

That's good Alhamdulillah. Yh it probably is for some, sadly. Ameen.

Thank you :smile:

Original post by beautifulxxx
Walaikum salam.

Alhamdulilah. Not long until you come to Saudi in shaa Allah, how are you feeling about it?

Ma shaa Allah that's great, keep it up! And of course we will, may Allah open their hearts towards the religion of Islam and guide them, ameen.

Wa iyak.

Yeah I'm leaving on the 11th of October, I'm nervous but also very excited. I've already been in contact with a friend out there who's going to help me get settled in and introduce me to some friends, male and female so that should be good.

My parents are a bit worried though because of what's happening around the region but Riyadh is very safe from any of that but they're parents so they're always going to worry unnecessarily lol.

Thank you for the dua, may Allah bless you :smile:
Reply 1595
Thank you :smile:

Yeah I'm leaving on the 11th of October, I'm nervous but also very excited. I've already been in contact with a friend out there who's going to help me get settled in and introduce me to some friends, male and female so that should be good.

My parents are a bit worried though because of what's happening around the region but Riyadh is very safe from any of that but they're parents so they're always going to worry unnecessarily lol.

Thank you for the dua, may Allah bless you :smile:

You're welcome.
Reply 1596
MfSPYSb71K8
The inside of The Kaaba does not have any day to day, use in the typical meaning of the word "use." Of course, inside is the support beam of The Kaaba, the three columns, and several times a year, dignitaries and invited guests are able to go insid.

Original post by JMR2017
Looks quite interesting thanks. Do you know what the inside is ever used for?
Praise be to Allah, that they were of some interest to you, and Inshallah, I'll reconsider my previous position. May Allah continue to bless and protect you, too. :smile:

Original post by h333
Oops, nearly missed this.

Oh lol BaarakAllahu Feek. You should post more often insha'Allah, because your posts are very detailed (it's nice to see you take your time with them), helpful and interesting to read BaarakAllahu Feek.
Inshallah, we can continue to grow and become more united as a Muslim community and resolve conflicts, because in a world of so much pain and injustice, we are truly better together, than disunited and fighting among ourselves. The root of many problems in the world can be traced to jealously and envy. The story of Cain and Abel, rooted in envy of one brother, against the other, causing Cain to kill his brother Abel, is a warning, and Allah relates to us other stories in The Holy Qur'an, for example, in Surah As-Shura (The Counsel), 42:14::14:

"And they did not become divided until after knowledge had come to them - out of jealous animosity between themselves. And if not for a word that preceded from your Lord [postponing the penalty] until a specified time, it would have been concluded between them. And indeed, those who were granted inheritance of the Scripture after them are, concerning it, in disquieting doubt." (from Sahih International.)

Now, of course, the context of the aforementioned verse from The Holy Qur'an was to those Believers who had followed Nuh, Ibrahim, and Musa, (Peace be upon all these worthy servants and Prophets of Allah) who had brought clear guidance, and yet, the Believers came to be separated into factions and sects and parties and disputes after the guidance. However, we have experienced a similar division after guidance came to us, but thankfully, we have the solution, in The Holy Qur'an from Allah.

Before the advent of the Prophet Muhammad(PBUH), the people of Arabia were in warring factions, endless disputes and conflicts, and yet, within the space of just 23 years as the revelation of The Holy Qur'an progressed and the Prophet (PBUH) was being guided by Allah's blessings, the various tribes, factions, different races, ethnic groups, we became all united as one. However, we aren't reading in The Holy Qur'an, some ancient history with no relevance to today, to today's problems, there is direct relevance to the divisions and disputes we see today-we went from a United Muslim Community, to disunity and division. Inshallah, on a global, national and regional level, we will see centers for conflict resolution to heal divisions, find common points of ground to work together upon, across divisions of Shia, Sunni, etc.

On a practical level, really, this process, by Allah's graces, begins within each one of us, when faced with someone who has a different point of view or position or interpretation, how do we relate to and treat them? Sometimes, it will not and should NOT be about "winning the argument" or "beating down the opposition"-because we live in societies with all different kinds of religions, but the funny thing is how we save some of the greatest intolerance and most intensive religious arguments for among ourselves, when we have far more in common, across the divides and divisions and sects-we can find more in common with The Holy Qur'an as our uniting point-then may be had in common with other religious groups and persons.(of course we should be respectful to all people who are not disrespectful to us, and also be tolerate and work with them towards the goal of common good, too) Why does The Holy Qur'an end, with the two refuge prayers found in Surah Al-Falaq(Surah 113, The Dawn) and Al-Nas (Surah 114,The Men), and what is it that we are to seek and take refuge from?

We must take the guidance of Allah for the solution: Surah Al-Imran (The Family of Imran)3:103-5:

"And hold firmly to the rope of Allah all together and do not become divided. And remember the favor of Allah upon you - when you were enemies and He brought your hearts together and you became, by His favor, brothers. And you were on the edge of a pit of the Fire, and He saved you from it. Thus does Allah make clear to you His verses that you may be guided.

And let there be [arising] from you a nation inviting to [all that is] good, enjoining what is right and forbidding what is wrong, and those will be the successful.

And do not be like the ones who became divided and differed after the clear proofs had come to them. And those will have a great punishment. (from Sahih International)

https://quran.com/42/14; for other translations see:

http://www.internetmosque.net/read/english_translation_of_the_quran_meaning/42/14/index.htm

or

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JFviFSOt6ZQJ:www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/nora/html/42-14.html+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
Surah 3:103-5: https://quran.com/3/103-113 and

http://www.internetmosque.net/read/english_translation_of_the_quran_meaning/3/103/index.htm ;

http://www.internetmosque.net/read/english_translation_of_the_quran_meaning/3/104/index.htm ;

http://www.internetmosque.net/read/english_translation_of_the_quran_meaning/3/105/index.htm

Latest

Trending

Trending