Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have an offer for ABB, if I were to achieve this but still wanted to try and get other offers could I use adjustment? (Remember in this case I haven't exceeded my expectations)

Also if i got BBB but still got accepted and wanted to still look for other courses could I use clearing or adjustment?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think its allowed,I believe you have to get higher than your grades for your firm choice to get onto adjustment.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by HK4)
    I have an offer for ABB, if I were to achieve this but still wanted to try and get other offers could I use adjustment? (Remember in this case I haven't exceeded my expectations)

Also if i got BBB but still got accepted and wanted to still look for other courses could I use clearing or adjustment?
    Adjustment only applies if you meet ALL the conditions and exceed at least one. So in your example you would need AAB (or better) to go into adjustment.

And if you are accepted then you can't go into Clearing unless you ask your original university to release you (and that can take then=m a while - you aren't a priority).

If you don't want to go to your current offers you should consider asking to released now not later. Otherwise you might miss out on popular courses in Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Adjustment only applies if you meet ALL the conditions and exceed at least one. So in your example you would need AAB (or better) to go into adjustment.

And if you are accepted then you can't go into Clearing unless you ask your original university to release you (and that can take then=m a while - you aren't a priority).

If you don't want to go to your current offers you should consider asking to released now not later. Otherwise you might miss out on popular courses in Clearing.

So just to be clear, I have to reject my unconditional offer (if I get ABB) to access clearing? I did phone UCAS yesterday and my understanding was that I could still use clearing if I achieved my offer.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by HK4)
    So just to be clear, I have to reject my unconditional offer (if I get ABB) to access clearing? I did phone UCAS yesterday and my understanding was that I could still use clearing if I achieved my offer.
    You have to reject your unconditional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.