The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St. Andrews University - official applicants thread 2018

What are your UCAS choices? What course do you want to study?
What are your grades/predictions and extracurricular activities?
Why do you want to go to St. Andrews?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
What are your UCAS choices? Oxford, St.Andrews, Nottingham, Birmingham and Keele
What course do you want to study? English
What are your grades/predictions and extracurricular activities? Predicted A*A*A*, write for my local paper, volunteer in a library & lots of am dram
Why do you want to go to St. Andrews? IT'S SO PRETTY (& the course looks good too :'D)
Reply 3
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 4
Marine biology is awesome, I'm astrophysics with AAAAA
Reply 5
Original post by astro5
Marine biology is awesome, I'm astrophysics with AAAAA

Ahhh, another scots student. It's so nice to be able to understand the grades! Astrophysics is super cool too:smile: Where abouts in scotland are you from?
Reply 6
I agree, so many English people and grades especially for St A it is nice to get more Scots students! West Scotland, what about you?
Reply 7
Original post by astro5
I agree, so many English people and grades especially for St A it is nice to get more Scots students! West Scotland, what about you?

Same, I'm in Dumfries and galloway. You?
Reply 8
North west near fort William, well done for your higher results, I know Marine Bio is popular at St Andrews so your grades are good! I'm just glad there are some Scottish students on this feed! Are you doing any advanced highers if so what are you doing?
Reply 9
I'm not really sure about my UCAS choices yet, but I really want to go to St. Andrews. I want to study psychology and I'm an international(european) student. My predicted grades are AAAB. I want to go to St. Andrews because it has great education as well as great reputation and it provides a safer life than big cities. Good luck :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by astro5
North west near fort William, well done for your higher results, I know Marine Bio is popular at St Andrews so your grades are good! I'm just glad there are some Scottish students on this feed! Are you doing any advanced highers if so what are you doing?

Check your PM!!
What are your UCAS choices? St Andrews, King's College, the rest I am still deciding my final choices.
What course do you want to study? History.
What are your grades/predictions and extracurricular activities? I am predicted 38 at IB and enjoy reading, photography etc.
Why do you want to go to St. Andrews? Course sounds incredible

Is St Andrews all of your first choices?
Reply 12
Original post by rhiannondavies
What are your UCAS choices? St Andrews, King's College, the rest I am still deciding my final choices.
What course do you want to study? History.
What are your grades/predictions and extracurricular activities? I am predicted 38 at IB and enjoy reading, photography etc.
Why do you want to go to St. Andrews? Course sounds incredible

Is St Andrews all of your first choices?

Yeah, St. Andrews is my first choice. What's yours?
What are your UCAS choices? St Andrews, SOAS, Cambridge, Durham, and either Nottingham or KCL
What course do you want to study? International Relations and Arabic
What are your grades/predictions? A*A*AA
Extracurricular activities? Lots of theatre, dancing, and local politics.
Why do you want to go to St. Andrews? So many reasons haha... The course sounds perfect for me, when I went to visit I absolutely fell in love with the place and felt completely at home, the course tutors were so helpful and seemed so nice, the students were friendly and I got on with a lot of them... Ahhhhh
Reply 14
UCAS Choices - St Andrews, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Stirling.
Subject I want to study - Geology/Earth Science.
Extra curricular - Enjoy reading and hill-walking.
Grades - AAAAA (Scottish Highers)
Why St Andrews - The uni is so gorgeous and the course and department are exactly what I'm looking for.
I'm a Scottish Student and am applying to St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Herriot Watt and Stirling!! My higher results were AAAAA, I wanna go as I prefer the sound of a close community over a large city, good luck everyone!🍀
Original post by zoeellison
I'm a Scottish Student and am applying to St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Herriot Watt and Stirling!! My higher results were AAAAA, I wanna go as I prefer the sound of a close community over a large city, good luck everyone!🍀

Oh and I am applying to Economics and Spanish!
I'm a reapplicant, after being rejected last year (I applied to study Modern History). I'm hoping for a better result this time!

What are your UCAS choices?
Oxford, St Andrews, Edinburgh, Bristol and somewhere else (haven't quite decided yet)

What course do you want to study?
English (really regret applying for History last year, what on earth was I thinking!)

What are your grades/predictions and extracurricular activities?
A*A*A* achieved at A Level. Had AAAAC at AS. 10 A* 2 A at GCSE. Extracurricular wise I have directed a few short films, I play county cricket, and that's about all I have time for.

Why do you want to go to St. Andrews?

Fell in love with the place last year and didn't want to give up on going to uni somewhere I really loved. Was rejected from both Oxford & St Andrews and none of my other choices even came close, so I decided to reapply (this time, with a better sense of what I actually want to study, clearly). I'm feeling so much more positive this time, not just because I have my grades, but because I'm 100x more sure that I love the course...I felt a bit out of my depth with History and feel so much more at home and excited about the idea of studying English.
Hello everyone! I am a Canadian student and looking at applying to St. Andrews for entry in the fall of 2018... thinking of taking medicine if accepted. Anyone else looking to the sciences? Also, can anyone who has gone to visit the campus describe it to me or any cool facts that they learned? I haven't been myself, only pored over pictures :smile:
What are your UCAS choices?
Durham, St Andrews, KCL, Warwick, Edinburgh
What course do you want to study? Ancient history
What are your grades/predictions and extracurricular activities? A*AA with A at ancient history AS, EPQ, Orchestra, not much else
Why do you want to go to St. Andrews? The uni seems amazing and so does the course. It's also number 2 in the UK for ancient history behind Cambridge (whose classics course I don't like)

Quick Reply

Latest