The Student Room Group

63 av. at the end of second year, training contracts?

I have just completed second year at a Russell Group (but not a top one) and that is my average.

I am about to embark on a year abroad and am learning the language of that country. I also have a lot of work experience which is relevant, but not at a law firm (I don't want to share exactly what in case someone I know sees this and works out its me haha)

I intend on applying for Vac schemes this year and training contracts.

I understand the very top will be off limits. But any ideas of some law firms which may be open to a humble being like moi?
I am not sure why very top is off limits. There are people from not very top RG unis who get in to MC.
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
I am not sure why very top is off limits. There are people from not very top RG unis who get in to MC.

Yeah, but it's a relatively low 2.1 and a lot specify high 2.1. Technically I could still achieve that in final year as final year holds more weighting but I worked hard in second year which is leading me to doubt whether or not I'm truly capable of averging above 65. A levels are AAB which seems to meet the vast majority of a level requirements (throughout my research I've only seen a few which require all As)
Original post by lachachacha
Yeah, but it's a relatively low 2.1 and a lot specify high 2.1. Technically I could still achieve that in final year as final year holds more weighting but I worked hard in second year which is leading me to doubt whether or not I'm truly capable of averging above 65. A levels are AAB which seems to meet the vast majority of a level requirements (throughout my research I've only seen a few which require all As)

For starters, take a dissertation in third year. Such an easy way to secure a 1st. A lot of people do "hard" half-modules which ultimately are graded more leniently than full-modules. Your year is there to prepare for the exam, not for you to know as much as you can about your chosen topics -- be smart, spot questions.

Easy ways to secure 65% and you're only needing to improve by 2%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending