username3186874
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey Guys

I am going into Year 13 and want to do Medicine at uni but I haven't got D of E or NCS to put on my UCAS form or PS. Are there any alternatives? I do volunteering at my local care home and help out at a local children's learning centre. Is that good enough or can anyone recommend anything else that would be really useful. I'd be very grateful!
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by AttentionSeeker)
Hey Guys

I am going into Year 13 and want to do Medicine at uni but I haven't got D of E or NCS to put on my UCAS form or PS. Are there any alternatives? I do volunteering at my local care home and help out at a local children's learning centre. Is that good enough or can anyone recommend anything else that would be really useful. I'd be very grateful!
Just good work experience or an EPQ.
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Guys

Universities really don't care about D of E, so many people do it that it's now irrelevant, it doesn't make you stand out at all.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey Guys

I am going into Year 13 and want to do Medicine at uni but I haven't got D of E or NCS to put on my UCAS form or PS.
Neither are relevant for Medicine.

I'm moving your thread to the Medicine forum for the experts there to help.
redhelen
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
By it's nature D of E gives you valuable skills to include in your personal statement ( my daughter got in for dentistry and two paragraphs related to it. You have got the volunteer part though so what has that taught you? That is what you need to write about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (39)
40.63%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
21.88%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (5)
5.21%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (9)
9.38%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (5)
5.21%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (6)
6.25%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (11)
11.46%

Watched Threads