Pakistan is the 4th most dangerous country in the world Watch

loooaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Since the UK has had a large amount of immigration from Pakistan, I think it is important to discuss that Pakistan has been named the 4th most dangerous country in the world, according to the Global Travel and Tourism Report by the World Economic Forum.

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is. There must be other reasons? From what I can read, the main reason seems to be terrorism and sexual assault.

Also, should we be allowing immigration from a country that is so dangerous?
study beats
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by loooaa)
Since the UK has had a large amount of immigration from Pakistan, I think it is important to discuss that Pakistan has been named the 4th most dangerous country in the world, according to the Global Travel and Tourism Report by the World Economic Forum.

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is.

its not that dangerous .....

if you go there for yourself , you will realize how peaceful and safe it is
SufyaanShah
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bruv you call us Pakistanis dangerous!? **** you we're bare kind we bare peaceful and all that I'll **** you up.

In all seriousness, I don't think by British law you can ban immigration from Pakistan, since Pakistan is part of the Commonwealth.
username1439610
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm dangerous :colone:
Spoiler:
Show

Turn around
loooaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by study beats)
its not that dangerous .....

if you go there for yourself , you will realize how peaceful and safe it is
I'll pass :laugh:
DrLuciferStrange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is.

Well theres a lot of corruption going on there so maybe thats why and you shouldn't stop people coming over because of the rest of the country. You closing your doors just makes them hate you more. The world should be for everyone and everyone should be able to travel everywhere not be restricted because of where they are born. Imagine you were born there and you wanted to leave for a better life but were rejected how would you feel? None of us own this earth and one day we will all be dead. Fighting for some chunk of land that one day will not even be ours.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PlainDoll
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thats kind of funny because the Pakistani people I have met at school are all light hearted joker types who you can't help but get along with, even if the people they hang around with suck.
loooaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by RetakeStudent07)
Well theres a lot of corruption going on there so maybe thats why and you shouldn't stop people coming over because of the rest of the country. You closing your doors just makes them hate you more. The world should be for everyone and everyone should be able to travel everywhere not be restricted because of where they are born. Imagine you were born there and you wanted to leave for a better life but were rejected how would you feel? None of us own this earth and one day we will all be dead. Fighting for some chunk of land that one day will not even be ours.
The problem with that ideology is, if we open our doors to the whole of the world (including Africa, South America, and Asia), we will no longer be a nice place to live. We will no longer have free healthcare or other benefits, there will not be enough houses for everyone resulting in millions of people living on the streets, there will be millions of people unemployed etc.
HAnwar
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No one has asked for source yet?
Ravenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia. Yet, Pakistan is ranking higher in terms of how dangerous it is. There must be other reasons? From what I can see, the main reason seems to be terrorism.

Only a tiny % of the Pakistanis in the UK originate from the actual dangerous parts of the country. 'Danger' is all relative anyway.
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The problem with that ideology is, if we open our doors to the whole of the world (including Africa, South America, and Asia), we will no longer be a nice place to live. We will no longer have free healthcare or other benefits, there will not be enough houses for everyone resulting in millions of people living on the streets, there will be millions of people unemployed etc.
And if you think like that good luck with your future endeavours. You couldn't be more wrong. Most of our doctors that you mention are from around the world. The engineers the same. The food the same. The businesses the same. Go ahead do what you want but the world isn't the way you think it is.
I am sorry but the world doesn't work the way you think it works. ffs i cba to even bother debating over this because there is no end to it so i will end it good day sir
and I apologise if you found this offensive
loooaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by HAnwar)
thisisinsider .com/dangerous-countries-2017-5 (remove space before .com)
loooaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by RetakeStudent07)
And if you think like that good luck with your future endeavours. You couldn't be more wrong. Most of our doctors that you mention are from around the world. The engineers the same. The food the same. The businesses the same. Go ahead do what you want but the world isn't the way you think it is.
I am sorry but the world doesn't work the way you think it works. ffs i cba to even bother debating over this because there is no end to it so i will end it good day sir
and I apologise if you found this offensive
Yes, doctors and engineers are good. But the majority of people who would be coming would not be doctors or engineers.

The reality is, if we opened our doors to the world, hundreds of millions of people from South America, Africa and Asia would move into West Europe and North America. If you think that would be beneficial or maintainable, then sorry but you're wrong.

I'm sorry but this idea you have is a fantasy that would not work.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That's just racist
loooaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by shameful_burrito)
That's just racist
The World Economic Forum is racist now too?
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The World Economic Forum is racist now too?
No, just you
Petulia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
thisisinsider .com/dangerous-countries-2017-5 (remove space before .com)

"The World Economic Forum recently released their Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report, which analyzes the state of the travel and tourism sectors in 136 countries around the globe.
As a part of this report, the WEF ranks the safety of each of those countries. To come up with this ranking, the forum "measures the extent to which a country exposes tourists and businesses to security risks mainly related to serious harm to people (violence and terrorism)." The ranking does not take petty crime into account."

That's an extract from the article you quoted. Based on the quotes I've highlighted, you can see the ranking is referring to countries that pose a danger to tourists.

This is a list based on a Global Peace Index report from the Institute for Economics and Peace, where the rankings are quite different, as they take into consideration the overall amount of danger, to the people actually living there, as well as tourists.
http://www.atlasandboots.com/most-da...-world-ranked/

Surely a country like Syria is a more dangerous place to visit or reside in right now compared to Colombia... which has been ranked the most dangerous country in the article you've given.
cbreef
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/tribu...world/%3famp=1

Appears to be referring to tourists/foreigners however.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think I've got the original source report:
http://reports.weforum.org/travel-an...ries=TTCI.A.02

Quite interesting results on the whole, actually.

So why is Pakistan so dangerous? Yes it's poor, but so is the whole of South America, Africa and most of Asia.
South America's low as hell on the safety lists too lmao, Pakistan aren't this unique snowflake you're making it out to be.
loooaa
Rep:
?
(Original post by Petulia)
"The World Economic Forum recently released their Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report, which analyzes the state of the travel and tourism sectors in 136 countries around the globe.
As a part of this report, the WEF ranks the safety of each of those countries. To come up with this ranking, the forum "measures the extent to which a country exposes tourists and businesses to security risks mainly related to serious harm to people (violence and terrorism)." The ranking does not take petty crime into account."

That's an extract from the article you quoted. Based on the quotes I've highlighted, you can see the ranking is referring to countries that pose a danger to tourists.

This is a list based on a Global Peace Index report from the Institute for Economics and Peace, where the rankings are quite different, as they take into consideration the overall amount of danger, to the people actually living there, as well as tourists.
http://www.atlasandboots.com/most-da...-world-ranked/

Surely a country like Syria is a more dangerous place to visit or reside in right now compared to Colombia... which has been ranked the most dangerous country in the article you've given.
If the list is for most dangerous to tourists, doesn't that mean it's even more supportative of not allowing immigration to us from these countries?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.65%
I used to but I don't now (17)
2.41%
No, but I want to start (265)
37.59%
No, I am unable to (167)
23.69%
No, I chose not to (195)
27.66%