Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The 31st which is today is 7yrs since Princess Dianas death. Hasnt it gone fast? did anyone remember?

ReputationRep:
    I can still remember watching the news report about it 7 years ago.

Time flies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesseract)
    The 31st which is today is 7yrs since Princess Dianas death. Hasnt it gone fast? did anyone remember?
    :eek: it seems like it happened much more recently...

ReputationRep:
    I remember - my mum woke me up on the sunday morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tesseract)
    Yeah such a shame... i cried... (hmm... I've certainly been showing how much crying ive been doing lately)

ReputationRep:
    Wow! That's flown by - I didn't think it was that long ago... I was only 9!

I even remember watching the News, it was really upsetting (although I can't really remember her, I still don't like death).

ReputationRep:
    that day was such a shock! the whole family was on holiday in malaysia - we came back from a swim on the beach to see the breaking news in teh hotel room - we just couldn't believe it!

it was like 9/11.... for about 6 hours after it happened i thought it was some kind of a joke. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Has it really been 7 years???

I was asleep in bed when my mum came in off night duty and said "The Princess is dead"

I said "Which one?"

"Diana"

"Not Anne?"

Which my mum didn't find that funny....

I don't think I took it that seriously at all. What annoyed me is that my mum made me watch the entire news broadcast, and they kept playing the SAME clip of a crying black man putting a rose on the gates of Buckingham Palace OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, when they had nothing else to show..... Also my dog started jumping about yelping during the 2 minute silence at her funeral, maybe it was possessed with the spirit of Diana? We will never know :confused:

When Jill Dando died, it was quite surprising to see how the newspapers dealt with it, because naturally there was no obituary prepared for her.

I remember my brother running upstairs saying, "Princess Diana's died!" and my mum telling him to stop telling such fibs.

ReputationRep:
    That was so tragic. She was a beautiful person inside and out. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    It was tragic 7 years ago but now I just wish people would let her rest in peace and her family be allowed to move on.

ReputationRep:
    Nope I certainly didnt remember that. Has it really been 7 years. I still remember watching the t.v in Spain when the alert came on saying that she had just died in a car acciedent in France. Man the years have gone by fast. I cant believe that I even remember where I woz. I really had no reason to be up that early either I just couldnt get to sleep I still cant figure out why. Ha never mind i guess i'll never know.

ReputationRep:
    *sniff**sniff*...yeah she was one amazing person....

Though I have a crush on William now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dajo123)
    :eek: it seems like it happened much more recently...
    I agree. But I still remember when my classmate was killed when she was at primary school with me.

ReputationRep:
    I remember it clearly. Woke up, turned on the television and it was on every channel.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i remember it, i was at a demolition derby, we got in the car and it was on the radio.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkShadows08)
    That was so tragic. She was a beautiful person inside and out. :cool:
    You don't know if she was a nice person, she could have been a right cow.

ReputationRep:
    wow that's gone by fast :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I remember being all sleepy eyed at my grandmas house, coming down the stairs in the morning, hearing my mum say, 'Princess Diana's dead'.

I replied with, 'you're joking'.

Needless to say, she wasn't.

ReputationRep:
    No loss.
    Diana: the patron saint of sentimentality, superstition, shopping and not doing up safety belts.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.