Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was at Alton towers the day she died. We'd camped the night before, and when I woke up in the morning my mate said to me "have you heard about Princess Diana?" and I said "What about her?" and then he goes "She's dead". If I'm being honest, I didnt really know who she was. I remember my mum being really upset though, and listening to the radio on the way to the theme park. And when we got home she went to London and put flowers down. I was too young to really remember what was going on. I remember watching the funeral though, with Prince William and Harry walking behind the coffin...I can't believe it was 7 years ago!

ReputationRep:
    get over it already

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    I remember watching the funeral though, with Prince William and Harry walking behind the coffin...I can't believe it was 7 years ago!
    thats' something i found quite haunting...young boys shouldn't have had to be put through that, al the media attention and everything as well. they should have been left alone to deal with it on their own.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    I ignored this thread when it first popped up...now I just feel incredibly old.

Diana died on my 18th birthday...pretty much ruined any plans celebrations. I was on my birthday present (a weekend in a youth hostel in dublin with my sister) the weekend after when Mother Theresa died and for the funeral.

The whole thing made me feel like I was living in an asylum and my main thought was "what a way to secure eternal youth for yourself - we'll never see Di with saggy boobs and a wrinkly face".

I was far more affected by the Hillsborough Tragedy - mainly because I knew a LOT of people who were there and knew a few people who had lost relatives. And of course because of the photographs published in the paper of people turning blue crushed up against the barriers...pretty much the first time I'd seen photos of people dying.

ReputationRep:
    It was sad because two boys lost their mother but the whole thing really was out of proportion.

ReputationRep:
    I was too busy worrying about my dying grandmother to notice that some over sexed socialite had died.

Why did she deserve to get on the top 10 Britains anyway? Surely a country largely responsible for the industrial revolution, preventing cholera and curing small pox could come up with better candidates than a man who kicks a ball around a field plus a woman who constanly whored herself out to the tabloids because she was obsessed with her own fame.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.