The Student Room Group

When do universities receive our a level results

Seeing as there's a week left until results day, does anyone know how many days before results day the universities actually receive the grades ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
They'll receive them sometime over the next few days.
Original post by Desmos
They'll receive them sometime over the next few days.

Thank you
Is there a specific source that says this though?😭
Original post by robinhood111
Thank you
Is there a specific source that says this though?😭

I read it's 4 days before results day in an article a few years ago. Then they spend time deciding who to let in and how many candidates to reject in favour of opening up adjustment spaces for potential better candidates. If there's way too many poo grades or just not enough applicants then they put the courses in clearing.
They've received our results already. UCAS track had a message shown from sunday saying that from monday-tuesday our results would be sent off to the relevant universities.

It's a waiting game now.
Original post by dontdoalevels
They've received our results already. UCAS track had a message shown from sunday saying that from monday-tuesday our results would be sent off to the relevant universities.

It's a waiting game now.

That was the Scottish results
Original post by robinhood111
Seeing as there's a week left until results day, does anyone know how many days before results day the universities actually receive the grades ?

We get them Friday night/Saturday morning.
Original post by PQ

We get them Friday night/Saturday morning.

That's in about 2 days😭
Do you work for a university btw?
Reply 7
Why would a university ask you to send your photo for your student card when the results don't come out to Thursday?Is that Normal?BTW... Son got an email from UEL saying looking forward to seeing you, could you send your photo so we can get your student ID card ready...Anxious Mum....
Original post by Boultj
Why would a university ask you to send your photo for your student card when the results don't come out to Thursday?Is that Normal?BTW... Son got an email from UEL saying looking forward to seeing you, could you send your photo so we can get your student ID card ready...Anxious Mum....

Tell ucas.

It's probably a good sign but there's cases of universities stupidly sending out emails like that to all offer holders without realising how bad their timing is.
Reply 9
Original post by PQ
Tell ucas.

It's probably a good sign but there's cases of universities stupidly sending out emails like that to all offer holders without realising how bad their timing is.

Thanks..... Lets hope its a good sign
Original post by Boultj
Thanks..... Lets hope its a good sign

It probably is but they need to be dobbed into ucas anyway - it's not fair to confuse or worry their applicants.
Did he get in?
Reply 12
I recieved an email saying "we need a photo of you" regarding the student card for aston university. Really anxious. Just seen that Boultj had received the same email last year on this thread. Would be grateful if you could let me know when you got in. Thank you
Original post by laprug
I recieved an email saying "we need a photo of you" regarding the student card for aston university. Really anxious. Just seen that Boultj had received the same email last year on this thread. Would be grateful if you could let me know when you got in. Thank you

I recieved one aswell, should i be sending them my photo. anxious aswell lol.
Reply 14
Original post by ibrahim1102

Glad to know im not the only one. I have a deadline of 20th september to end it them by. Which univerisity did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?
a week after we do.

Forward the email to the admissions team asking if this means that you have been accepted
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by laprug
Glad to know im not the only one. I have a deadline of 20th september to end it them by. Which univerisity did you apply to if you don't mind me asking?

Aston University, same as you.
Reply 18
Aston University, same as you.

That's very interesting. I know someone from my college business class who has applied to aston but hasn't received this email. Reading online, it seems that universities receive the results the weeken before results day. May i ask which course you have applied for and also when you received the email. Thanks
Reply 19
Original post by tome123
a week after we do.

Hi there. What do you mean a week later?

Quick Reply

Latest