Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the process of crashing a level economics. Could someone suggest revision resources/ books etc to give me depth?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB-G)
    I'm in the process of crashing a level economics. Could someone suggest revision resources/ books etc to give me depth?
    Can you actually identify what the problem is? Is it that you don't understand concepts, are struggling with the amount of stuff there is or simply haven't left enough time to revise? There are loads of revision guides out there for different boards so get yourself one and maybe ask your teachers for help with choosing one and getting additional resources.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AB-G)
    As above, you need to analyse where exactly you're going wrong. If you don't understand the material, is that because the way you're revising isn't working for you? Econ at A-Level is imo designed to be very intuitive, so it's important that the way you are learning things actually enables you to remember and comprehend all the theories that's being chucked at you. I'd look at that first before asking for textbook recommendations etc. since if they don't help you, it's going to be a waste of money and time.

If you have specific questions regarding stuff (e.g. a point to do with cross elasticity of demand or something), you can always post a thread on this forum where someone can help you out.

ReputationRep:
    You have a year and the rest of this summer to get back on track. You should probably collect all the diagrams and descriptions of them into one document (same with calculations). Make sure you understand core concepts (ie difference between fiscal, monetary and supply side policies) and get into the habit of using economic terms. The CGP book is better than the official textbooks according to my classmates for Edexcel (I only had CGP)

Poll
How are you feeling about your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.