The Student Room Group

So nervous for results day, I constantly feel sick??

Whenever I think about A level results day I genuinely feel sick to my stomach. It's a week to go and I need to keep being busy to occupy myself. I keep having dreams about it. Sometimes in my dreams I get good grades and others I get really bad dreams. I don't even have a back up if I don't get into uni. I worked hard so I shouldn't really have anything to worry about but I'm stressed about how all the extra paper I used could've got lost. I would be over the moon with ABB-BBB. Ideally I do not want a C. But I guess a C would be better than a U. What can I do to keep myself busy? Most of mt friends are on holiday and my parents are working
Original post by mojitogirl
Whenever I think about A level results day I genuinely feel sick to my stomach. It's a week to go and I need to keep being busy to occupy myself. I keep having dreams about it. Sometimes in my dreams I get good grades and others I get really bad dreams. I don't even have a back up if I don't get into uni. I worked hard so I shouldn't really have anything to worry about but I'm stressed about how all the extra paper I used could've got lost. I would be over the moon with ABB-BBB. Ideally I do not want a C. But I guess a C would be better than a U. What can I do to keep myself busy? Most of mt friends are on holiday and my parents are working

Is there anything you ve been meaning to watch or read?
Same, I wouldn't worry about it. But I used extra paper too and I also hope that it didn't get lost, I think they should have stapled it to the paper not just shoved it I n
Original post by 111davey1
Same, I wouldn't worry about it. But I used extra paper too and I also hope that it didn't get lost, I think they should have stapled it to the paper not just shoved it I n

Hahaha I know!! Made me so paranoid
Ugh, same tbh. I feel sick to the core; even now I feel like throwing up XD But the main important thing is that you know that you tried your best and that what matters. And even if you don't get the results you wanted, it doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. There will always be alternative options out there and hell! you still might be able to get into uni someway.

The best thing I can advise you is to find a distraction. Anything! read a book, watch a film, go for a walk or even just sleep. The thoughts will go away eventually because you are more concentrated on the task rather than the idea of results day.

But if you're like me and you think about the day regardless, then the best advice I can give you is to hold on and hope that the week passes quickly :>
Original post by Fluffybunneh
Ugh, same tbh. I feel sick to the core; even now I feel like throwing up XD But the main important thing is that you know that you tried your best and that what matters. And even if you don't get the results you wanted, it doesn't mean that it's the end of the world. There will always be alternative options out there and hell! you still might be able to get into uni someway.

The best thing I can advise you is to find a distraction. Anything! read a book, watch a film, go for a walk or even just sleep. The thoughts will go away eventually because you are more concentrated on the task rather than the idea of results day.

But if you're like me and you think about the day regardless, then the best advice I can give you is to hold on and hope that the week passes quickly :>

Yeah I might even just go to London- even if it's on my own. My school doesn't even give our results to us in an envelope- they literally just print off a sheet and give it to us which I can't stand because you can't take your time and open it
Yeah I might even just go to London- even if it's on my own. My school doesn't even give our results to us in an envelope- they literally just print off a sheet and give it to us which I can't stand because you can't take your time and open it

Oh god, that's even more nerve wracking! I wouldn't even go if my results weren't in an envelope XD

Well, if it helps, then go for it! But I am sure you have done well
Original post by 111davey1

I am doing AS and in each Geography exam I asked for like 3-4 extra sheets of paper, and at the end I had to fill all my details out on each xD. They used trasury tags with mine so i don't think it would be lost
Same, for gcse results day i had seriously anxiety feelings and it sucked. This year I've been getting better at ignoring the nerves. Try watching films, reading, going outside etc try talking to people about how you feel
I've been watching Netflix, taking the gym more seriously, baking, playing with my cats more, meeting up with friends, rocking back and forth, and crying about results. Hope this helped:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest