The Student Room Group

Migrant worker/study abroad

Hello,

I am Polish national, in September I start my 2nd year. As a part of my course I have to go abroad for 6 months (student exchange).

To receive maintenance loan I need to work during my studies. My question is: If I will be abroad and I will keep my job in UK where I work via the Internet, will I eligible to keep maintenance loan during study abroad?

Thank you
Original post by michalelk
Hello,

I am Polish national, in September I start my 2nd year. As a part of my course I have to go abroad for 6 months (student exchange).

To receive maintenance loan I need to work during my studies. My question is: If I will be abroad and I will keep my job in UK where I work via the Internet, will I eligible to keep maintenance loan during study abroad?

Thank you

Hi michalelk,

In order to be assessed as a Migrant Worker I can confirm that you need to be working in the UK.
You can be confident that your Maintenance Loan will continue for length of time that you are studying and working in the UK, will cease for terms spent abroad and it will be reassessed for the year on a pro rata basis.
You do not need to change your application to an EU application, you will continue to receive the Tuition Fee Loan for the whole of your second academic year, then reapply as a continuing student for your third year, providing evidence of your continued employment in the UK.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending