The Student Room Group

I DIDNT meet the GRADE REQUIREMENT!!!!

I applied for a foundation art course at Loughborough, UCA and AUB, it was a conditional offer of the minimum grade requirement of CC. I was predicted an A for art and design and a C in maths, I got really poor grades a D in art and an E in maths is there any possible way I can still get accepted. (At O- Levels I got As and Bs, receiving an A* in art.)
Reply 1
Probably not. I suggest retaking exams if possible.
Is there a date for all UCAS applicants doing the exams that you have done to be updated? Because if it has passed and you haven't received an unsuccessful notification, it is likely that they're still considering you. I would call up the University/College asking if you are still being considered and when you are likely to receive an answer.
Original post by jasminejethwa
I applied for a foundation art course at Loughborough, UCA and AUB, it was a conditional offer of the minimum grade requirement of CC. I was predicted an A for art and design and a C in maths, I got really poor grades a D in art and an E in maths is there any possible way I can still get accepted. (At O- Levels I got As and Bs, receiving an A* in art.)

Have you sent them your results?

For direct applications you have to send results to them directly before they can make a decision.
Original post by PQ
Have you sent them your results?

For direct applications you have to send results to them directly before they can make a decision.

Yes I did, they said they would wait for the third result but I don't think its going to be very good
Original post by jasminejethwa
Yes I did, they said they would wait for the third result but I don't think its going to be very good

That's at least not a definite rejection.

Do you have a backup plan? A local college offering an art foundation? Or an extended diploma (they're 2 years instead of one and normally only have gcses as an entry requirement)

Quick Reply

Latest