The Student Room Group

How Lenient are the Uni of Birmingham??

A Level Results day is looming and so I am here on TSR asking questions that will no doubt make me more insane as I await a response.

I took OCR English Lit, Edexcel Religious Studies and WJEC Film Studies. I was predicted AAA and given a conditional offer of AAA by the Uni of Birmingham for english and creative writing which said I must attain an A in literature.

But- what if I don't get AAA? What if I got, I don't know, BBC or BCC or any other lower combination of qualifications? How lenient are the University of Birmingham? I just cannot gage or predict how I have done in these exams, so I'm very curious as to how low they'll allow.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by ArcticPenguin
A Level Results day is looming and so I am here on TSR asking questions that will no doubt make me more insane as I await a response.

I took OCR English Lit, Edexcel Religious Studies and WJEC Film Studies. I was predicted AAA and given a conditional offer of AAA by the Uni of Birmingham for english and creative writing which said I must attain an A in literature.

But- what if I don't get AAA? What if I got, I don't know, BBC or BCC or any other lower combination of qualifications? How lenient are the University of Birmingham? I just cannot gage or predict how I have done in these exams, so I'm very curious as to how low they'll allow.

Thanks in advance.

If you meet the offer you get a place. If you fail to meet the offer then it depends who many others make it and they treat everyone else on a case by case basis as to whether to let them in or not. Getting closer to the offer is better, having a good ps is better, mitigating circumstances is better. The further away or weaker you are in these then the less chance you have. It depends how many applicants they have. All the rest is just pointless speculation. At some point they will not be interested.

Quick Reply

Latest