Is 40k a good salary? Watch

RosieGirl
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I've been looking at allied healthcare professional jobs and basically all of them have a 40k ceiling.

40k is not the starting salary, the starting salary is usually in the 20s (I think). ~40k is the 'top of your game' salary as far as I can see.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RosieGirl)
I've been looking at allied healthcare professional jobs and basically all of them have a 40k ceiling
Given the average wage is something like £27k then yes.

However, it depends on which part of the country you live in too.

Need a few more details before someone can give you a definite answer... It's also quite a subjective.
Meany Pie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good at what stage in your career?

It isn't great if that is the maximum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
sulaimanali
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
you only need a salary to survive in the end tbh.

if you can pay all your expenses (and have savings for luxuries if u want), then it's fine!
DrLuciferStrange
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've been looking at allied healthcare professional jobs and basically all of them have a 40k ceiling
For me no. But an average person it is. But me is me and average person is average person. For me 600k is not a good enough salary but thats just me because I know I can do better than 40k or 600k etc. Don't settle for something less than you are capable of.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You don't do AHP jobs for the money. If you want big bucks, think about investment banking or something. Money isn't the primary driver for people who are successful in jobs like these.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RetakeStudent07)
For me no. But an average person it is. But me is me and average person is average person. For me 600k is not a good enough salary but thats just me because I know I can do better than 40k or 600k etc. Don't settle for something less than you are capable of.
The combination of your user name 'retake student' and assertion that £600,000 p.a. isn't a 'good enough salary' is a bit awkward, to be honest with you.

Just sayin'
Xenodium
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Reality Check)
You don't do AHP jobs for the money. If you want big bucks, think about investment banking or something. Money isn't the primary driver for people who are successful in jobs like these.
Very true, many people don't realise this until its too late.
Stickman
Badges: 19
Report 2 years ago
It doesn't matter what other people think, it matters if you're happy with what you get.
Friffinghell
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
It really depends where you are in the UK. £40K in Scotland will get you a decent pile. £40K in London doesn't go so far at all.

If you have a dual income household you could be really quite comfortable though.
AndrewSCO
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The combination of your user name 'retake student' and assertion that £600,000 p.a. isn't a 'good enough salary' is a bit awkward, to be honest with you.

Just sayin'
Not to mention the 07 in his username and Boss Baby avatar is making me wonder if he is 10 years old
Nerry
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lol well its a salary that most f*ckers are never going to make in their lifetime so yeah, its a pretty good salary... given that its more than half of what an average salary looks like
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AndrewSCO)
Not to mention the 07 in his username and Boss Baby avatar is making me wonder if he is 10 years old
:rofl:

Accuracy Rating - 100%
angelike1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Just sayin'
Savage. (PRSOM)
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Just sayin'
Haha its okay. I am retaking for a personal reason but you didn't know so I don't mind. But next time don't judge people without knowing the full story. And being a retake student has nothing to do with salary. A salary can be whatever you want it to be but you have to work hard enough for it,
zKlown
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Depends what you want from life.

Only you know if that's a good salary depending on your expectations. I measure my salary based on disposable income anyway.
DrLuciferStrange
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by AndrewSCO)
Wonder what you like but it still doesn't change the fact that the way I think is different from you. You instantly judged me for my name and my avatar which suggests to me you have a long way to go.
AndrewSCO
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by RetakeStudent07)
Wonder what you like but it still doesn't change the fact that the way I think is different from you. You instantly judged me for my name and my avatar which suggests to me you have a long way to go.
I'm judging you for you saying a 600k salary is beneath you. Based on what? Doesn't come across very well making comments like that.

I don't have a problem though, well done for being ambitious but it's not going to go down well when people are talking about 40k salaries (which is a good salary for anybody to be able to live on nicely) and coming in and saying you wouldn't even be happy with 600k a year because you're "better than that".

But not looking to get into an argument about it, it's not that big a deal. Hope you have a good day and fair play if you do reach your career aspirations, all the luck to you
sahil19
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
40k 2 years after graduating - v good
40k 4 years after graduating - good
40k 6 years after graduating - meh
(that's from my personal view but then again i either wanna go into banking or front line politics/policy advisor so..)
Gerry-Atricks
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Just sayin'
😂 there's that shade again
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (155)
51.84%
No (144)
48.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise