The Student Room Group

Aspiring to study law .. help !

Hey. So, I've known I want to study law for a few years now, but as it's coming to that time when we're about to send off our applications, I'm wondering do I actually stand a good enough chance to get university offers? So, I'll put down the info and maybe you guys can say if it's worth the shot?
Okay so academically, at GCSE's I have 5 A stars, 4 A's and one B under my belt. My predicted grades at A level will be A*AA, but I'm actually in my mind thinking AAA is more realistic. I will be doing a law-based EPQ, aiming to get a good grade with that too.
I have yet to write my personal statement but things I shall include are: 1 week of work experience, regular attendance at local crown court and the magistrates court, MUN participation, debate club participation, organising a charity event for a deprived animal charity in Kenya, volunteering locally with an elderly lady to keep her company, grade 7 with distinction in acting. Participated in a mock trial at Nottingham university.

The universities I wish to apply for are these: Durham, Warwick, Bristol, York and likely Liverpool or Leeds.

Sorry for the length of this and thank you if you read it ! I'm just stressing I haven't done enough for my personal statement.
Thanks xx
Hey, I want to do Law as well and haven't yet started my personal statement either! However, I think you have a lot of good material for yours that will make you stand out against the other candidates along with your amazing grades - try not to stress too much and good luck:h:
Reply 2
Original post by stressedteen
Hey, I want to do Law as well and haven't yet started my personal statement either! However, I think you have a lot of good material for yours that will make you stand out against the other candidates along with your amazing grades - try not to stress too much and good luck:h:

Thanks ! I'm struggling hard with opening my personal statement! Where do you wish to study?
Original post by Drewwww
Thanks ! I'm struggling hard with opening my personal statement! Where do you wish to study?

Literally same! I've just planned it but don't know what to start with:s-smilie:Do you think starting with a story's a good idea? Gosh I'm still unsure but Kent and Surrey are definite contenders, what about you?
Reply 4
Original post by stressedteen
Literally same! I've just planned it but don't know what to start with:s-smilie:Do you think starting with a story's a good idea? Gosh I'm still unsure but Kent and Surrey are definite contenders, what about you?

Durham, Warwick, Bristol, York, Liverpool or Leeds.
Original post by Drewwww
Durham, Warwick, Bristol, York, Liverpool or Leeds.

Well good luck!
The start matters no more than the middle. They don't care about how nicely it begins. Just make sure you are consistent throughout and check every line to make sure it contains no 'extra' words that make your personal statement longer.

Quick Reply

Latest