The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

How screwed is a law student with an A*A*C

so I got an A*A*C in my A levels and I'm really confused as to what to do. I can't handle the stress of resorting an entire AS+A2 just to turn that C around. My uni offer was from warwick at 3As and idk if they'll take me or not now. Also I heard law firms look at your A level grades and want a minimum of AAB. Please tell me what's the best path for me
Reply 1
What was the C in?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by 0zzu
What was the C in?

English Language
Reply 3
Original post by Salman53101
English Language

What's the worst that can happen if warwick withdraws their offer? I say go for it.
Reply 4
Original post by 0zzu
What's the worst that can happen if warwick withdraws their offer? I say go for it.

If warwick withdraws their offer I will have no uni left, what should I do next?
A*A*C looks better to me than AAB.

If Warwick doesn't accept you, then there are other top-notch law unis which will. QM and Exeter come to mind.
Reply 6
Original post by Notorious_B.I.G.
A*A*C looks better to me than AAB.

If Warwick doesn't accept you, then there are other top-notch law unis which will. QM and Exeter come to mind.

I just hope warwick does. and what about law firms? How will they see my grades? it doesn't help that I'm an inte4national student either
Original post by Salman53101
I just hope warwick does. and what about law firms? How will they see my grades? it doesn't help that I'm an inte4national student either

It depends upon the law firm. The firms accept equivalents which they appreciate by using UCAS Tariff scores. You could well make an argument that A*A*C is equivalent in Tariff points to AAA. It's an argument; an argument which only gets stronger if you're applying to VCs with a good 2:1/1st in first year.

Quick Reply

Latest