The Student Room Group

My sixth form never gave me the option to resit my AS exam

So I ended up getting a C at AS level which is very bad as I expected atleast a B. The teacher never asked us or informed us about resits and when we asked he just said it was pointless for us to resit. It was as if he had given up on us after AS. I wanted an A overall in my Alevel however my C at AS makes it almost impossible to get an A. I think I would need around 97% in A2 to even scrape an A.
Reply 1
Original post by garlicbread9998
So I ended up getting a C at AS level which is very bad as I expected atleast a B. The teacher never asked us or informed us about resits and when we asked he just said it was pointless for us to resit. It was as if he had given up on us after AS. I wanted an A overall in my Alevel however my C at AS makes it almost impossible to get an A. I think I would need around 97% in A2 to even scrape an A.

What subject is this in? Is it definitely the old spec, and so, not linear? The truth is, if you wanted a resit you should've sought it out yourself, rather than relying on your teacher to ask you and sort it all out for you. You could potentially have visited the exams office or your head of year/curriculum manager.

Your teacher's attitude in this makes me think that you took a linear qualification, but you know better than I do about what you've taken. It's too late now to resit this year, so you're just going to have to accept the grade you get, unless you want to retake in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest