Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Let's play Pokemon! (sun and moon) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Somebody let's battle for fun. I might upload the battle to YouTube if I'm bothered to use my cardboard box camcorder.

My friend code is: 4828-9458-8835

Please somebody play!

Share your friend codes below please!

ReputationRep:
    Using a competitive or in-game team?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Glassapple)
    Using a competitive or in-game team?
    I haven't EV trained them but my move sets and items are picked to be competitive.

ReputationRep:
    Guess I'm not going to be getting a battle.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    Guess I'm not going to be getting a battle.
    I used to play on a site called smogon which is a browser simulation for Pokemon battles (basically minus the adventure and catching), you choose all possible aspects of your team. There's also limited tiers and rules applied (swagger is banned).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikingninja)
    I used to play on a site called smogon which is a browser simulation for Pokemon battles (basically minus the adventure and catching), you choose all possible aspects of your team. There's also limited tiers and rules applied (swagger is banned).
    Yeah pokemon showdown I used to play that. Then when I changed laptops I forgot to move my team from my old laptop to the new one and I reset the old laptop so I kind of just quit the game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Yeah pokemon showdown I used to play that. Then when I changed laptops I forgot to move my team from my old laptop to the new one and I reset the old laptop so I kind of just quit the game.
    I loved playing monotype with my normal team (minus going against ghost/dark because **** Sableye), wouldn't think it but diggersby is ****ing amazing for normal mono.

ReputationRep:
    I loved playing monotype with my normal team (minus going against ghost/dark because **** Sableye), wouldn't think it but diggersby is ****ing amazing for normal mono.
    I had a dark type monotype team!
    Barely used it though as I didn't like it and I enjoyed OU and uber more. Maybe I could try a monotype fire on my moon game though.

ReputationRep:
    Name a tier and I'll see what I got. If your still up for a battle?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I had a dark type monotype team!
    Barely used it though as I didn't like it and I enjoyed OU and uber more. Maybe I could try a monotype fire on my moon game though.
    My favourite normal team was:

Staraptor
    Mega pigeot
    Tauros
    Heliolisk
    Porygon2 (I stopped using this after meeting loads of knock off spammers)
    Zangoose

The type I hate the most is water as its just noob stall especially with toxapex being added, then they might choose some speed BS like mega swampert or sharpedo (sharpedo isn't too bad but swampert is also tanky).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guru Jason)
    Name a tier and I'll see what I got. If your still up for a battle?
    Had to double check this and was a bit lazy so sorry for the low response. OU seems to be my tier.

ReputationRep:

Staraptor
    Mega pigeot
    Tauros
    Heliolisk
    Zangoose

The type I hate the most is water as its just noob stall especially with toxapex being added, then they might choose some speed BS like mega swampert or sharpedo (sharpedo isn't too bad but swampert is also tanky).
    lol you should've had a normal/grass type instead of two birdies. Swampert would be deadpert that way
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    lol you should've had a normal/grass type instead of two birdies. Swampert would be deadpert that way
    There's only one grass type I can use and its trash, anyway time to put sableye into the dumpster because mega lopunny is now available.

ReputationRep:
    There's only one grass type I can use and its trash, anyway time to put sableye into the dumpster because mega lopunny is now available.
    what can mega lopunny do against it? I was going to try it out on my moon game but I realised that I never got the mega ring and I was too lazy to do the battle to get it. Will do it soon though!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    what can mega lopunny do against it? I was going to try it out on my moon game but I realised that I never got the mega ring and I was too lazy to fight it. Will do it soon though!
    Scrappy ability lets normal and fighting hit ghost and since its dark fighting is super then.

ReputationRep:
    Scrappy ability lets normal and fighting hit ghost and since its dark fighting is super then.
    oh **** that's pretty mad I didn't realise. Isn't the cute charm ability quite useful which it loses though?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    oh **** that's pretty mad I didn't realise. Isn't the cute charm ability quite useful which it loses though?
    It's an awful ability, it only works on opposite gender and its going to be killed quickly by most other stuff so it will barely work. It also gets high jump kick which is 130 power.

ReputationRep:
    It's an awful ability, it only works on opposite gender and its going to be killed quickly by most other stuff so it will barely work. It also gets high jump kick which is 130 power.
    ah fair enough I haven't really tested mine properly. I got a buneary from the GTS, breeded it and evolved one of the babies. Tbh it's stats aren't that great though. I got an infernape, evolved from a traded chimchar and that one seems quite good though. It has a thunder punch egg move too!

ReputationRep:

Staraptor
    Mega pigeot
    Tauros
    Heliolisk
    Zangoose

Mono water (after mono steel) is the most Op in the mono meta.

ReputationRep:
    Problem with prankster sableye is the WoW. That's why I carry facade on normal mono teams.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.