The Student Room Group

Extra teeth on top of gums

So I have my regular teeth but the I have two extra teeth above which ruins my whole smile becasue they just poke out can I fix this with braces ? Are there any complications that could occur
Your jaw may be overcrowded, which is preventing those teeth from slotting into the customary position.

Twenty years ago, we didn't really care about the issue: we just had the teeth we were dealt. I blame the terrestrial broadcast of American tv soap series.
Have you spoken to a dentist?
your dentist will know how to help.
They might just take out the teeth (if necessary) underneath which are correctly placed and put braces on to put the teeth above down where they should be. Or just take the teeth out at the top if they can
Reply 5
I know someone with this. They have all their teeth out, however they have this one random piece of tooth in their gums. It's not part of the 32 teeth, just a random tooth - even his dentist isn't too sure exactly what it is and why it is there but it causes no harm so it's not really a problem. If yours is like that, just extra teeth in your gums, braces may not be suitable as 34 teeth is bound to be damaging. However if they are part of the 32, then yes braces bring the tooth down. This is called "impacted teeth" and I currently have this with one of my teeth so I got braces for it and it is moving down
(edited 6 years ago)
It depends on your age and particular circumstance - they may be adult teeth that are erupting from the gumline due to your baby teeth not falling out below in the usual timescale (this happened with my sister - who had some of the teeth pulled, however whether these were the erupting ones or the ones below I do not know), or it may be a more complex issue.

You will need to see to a qualified dentist in the first instance to understand the best path forward. Not doing so could cause even more long term damage, some or all of which may be irreversible.

Quick Reply

Latest