The Student Room Group

Cheap motorcycle insurance 125cc

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a Honda CB 125 F (known to be cheap to insure) and I am getting ridiculous quotes.

I've yet to receive one below £1000 yet, even on only third party! I have seen other people quoting £200-£300 so why am I being quoted so high?

EDIT BY COMMUNITY TEAM:

For people looking for cheap motorbike insurance, shop around! Many TSR members have saved a lot of money using the link below.

https://www.thebikeinsurer.co.uk/

Bigger discussion on motorbike insurance here
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ScienceGeek1878
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a Honda CB 125 F (known to be cheap to insure) and I am getting ridiculoud quotes.

I've yet to recieve one below £1000 yet, even on only third party! I have seen other people quoting £200-£300 so why am I being quoted so high?

Hey there!

Sorry you've had no responses yet - In order to get you more responses, this thread should be in "Cars and motoring". I'll just tag @AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there :h:
Hi,

I'm looking into getting a Honda CB 125 F (known to be cheap to insure) and I am getting ridiculoud quotes.

I've yet to recieve one below £1000 yet, even on only third party! I have seen other people quoting £200-£300 so why am I being quoted so high?

Try fully comp and not paying in instalments
Depends where you live
And check the security features on the bike and additional ones, such as heavy duty chains etc
Reply 3
I have a CBF125 :smile: Where are you searching? I think mine was around £550 for a year. Use a comparing search engine and make sure all details are correct.. theres definitely lower!
(edited 5 years ago)
Mines is only £150, and that's without any riding experience bar a CBT :lol:

That was third party fire and theft thought mind.
Obviously location during day and night and general crime statistics will affect your premiums. Make sure you store it in the safest place you can, and use as many security aids as possible. Deadbolts, heavy duty chains, spring loaded boxing gloves etc
Original post by dlaws.
I have a CBF125 :smile: Where are you searching? I think mine was around £550 for a year. Use a comparing search engine and make sure all details are correct.. theres definitely lower!

I have tried BikeInsurer, MCE, all the usuals... Even tried a comparison one.

I've managed to find a Third Party Only one for 899, but that still seems a little expensive.

Having said that, my friend who lives in liverpool pays 1200.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 7
I have tried BikeInsurer, MCE, all the usuals... Even tried a comparison one.

I've managed to find a Third Party Only one for 899, but that still seems a little expensive.

Having said that, my friend who lives in liverpool pays 1200.

Try motorcycle direct. And alter what you're searching for.. I think I paid for just 3rd party then bought breakdown cover somewhere else for like £20
Try Bennetts and Carole Nash. There's also bike team. Swinton aren't bad, for us anyway

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending