Afra_99
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
does anyone know what the unofficial grade boundaries are??? im freaking out man
and also i heard that for an 8 marker if we dont include a conclusion we only get marked as 2/8 . And in paper 1 i was **** scared so i forgot to include conclusions for my 8 markers
CoffeeAndPolitics
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Afra_99)
does anyone know what the unofficial grade boundaries are??? im freaking out man
and also i heard that for an 8 marker if we dont include a conclusion we only get marked as 2/8 . And in paper 1 i was **** scared so i forgot to include conclusions for my 8 markers
The official grade boundaries won't be released until at least the day of the results. In terms of how 8 markers are marked, the exam board should have a mark scheme detailing the different mark bands and what marks you get awarded.
Fox12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Everybody who sat Edexcel exams, here are the mark schemes for both A levels and GCSEs. Do not panick!!!

http://paper-cut.weebly.com/gcsem17ms-2015-925150.html
aleksceramics
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The mark schemes won't be released yet. In terms of essays, unfortunately not having a conclusion will mean that you can't reach the top band marks. I don't think you can JUST get 2/8, but you won't be able to hit 6-8/8 for sure.

That being said, in the AS examiner report, they mentioned how very few papers had answers where students related their AO1 and AO3 to each other (i.e most student wrote a page of description and a page of evaluation without linking them together) and because of this, they had lower the grade boundaries and gave them the benefit of the doubt. Because this was released, however, it was expected that in the A2 exams teachers would have took this on board and told their students to write their essays in the format expected. I'm not sure if they mentioned conclusions in the report, but if a lot of people were not taught to put a solid conclusion, you might be a little bit more okay Unfortunately we all won't know until Thursday, and then until the report is released.
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Afra_99)
I think this may be true I was also told the you can only get 2/8 for not including a conclusion. To me this rule seems stupid and unfair because someone could write a perfect essay and get 2 marks for no conclusion.

However during exam season a fair few people had missed out conclusions and structured answers in the wrong format from what i learnt on social media. Therefore this will have to be taken into consideration whereby the grade boundaries will have to be lowered slightly as results are worked out through standard deviation. As you have only made this error in paper 1 you won't lose to many marks as long as you did reasonably well on the other questions and the other papers.
Here are predictions for each paper for A*-C grades:

paper 1(out of 90)
A*-69
A-61
B-52
C-43

paper 2(out of 90)
A*-68
A-59
B-50
C-41

paper 3(out of 80)
A*-60
A-52
B-44
C-38

Try not to worry too much and good luck for results day.
asdfgghjkl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Fox12)
Everybody who sat Edexcel exams, here are the mark schemes for both A levels and GCSEs. Do not panick!!!

http://paper-cut.weebly.com/gcsem17ms-2015-925150.html
how did you get these! Legend
sarah1001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did the same mistake on all 3 papers does that mean ibe basically failed and got a u cos there were sooo many 8 markers and above? I think about 80/90% of the papers were 8marks and above
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sarah1001)
I did the same mistake on all 3 papers does that mean ibe basically failed and got a u cos there were sooo many 8 markers and above? I think about 80/90% of the papers were 8marks and above
Nope it doesn't mean you'll get a u.

there were 52 marks worth of essays (6 essays) in p1 so you could get 12 marks (2 for each) from these with no conclusion and 38 marks from short questions which equals 50 marks for paper 1

there were 60 marks worth of essays in paper 2 (5 essays) so you could get 10 marks from these and 30 marks from short questions which equates to a max of 40 marks

there were 48 marks worth of essays in paper 3 (3 essays) so you could get 6 marks from these and 32 marks from short questions equating to a max of 38 marks

therefore 50+40+38 equals 128 which is likely B grade- grade boundaries have just been released for edexcel- even lower boundaries than i thought. Here's the link http://gateway.glop.me/ipfs/QmSkacNY...ndaries-v3.pdf

Good luck for results day
sarah1001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 2025)
Nope it doesn't mean you'll get a u.

there were 52 marks worth of essays (6 essays) in p1 so you could get 12 marks (2 for each) from these with no conclusion and 38 marks from short questions which equals 50 marks for paper 1

there were 60 marks worth of essays in paper 2 (5 essays) so you could get 10 marks from these and 30 marks from short questions which equates to a max of 40 marks

there were 48 marks worth of essays in paper 3 (3 essays) so you could get 6 marks from these and 32 marks from short questions equating to a max of 38 marks

therefore 50+40+38 equals 128 which is likely B grade- grade boundaries have just been released for edexcel- even lower boundaries than i thought. Here's the link http://gateway.glop.me/ipfs/QmSkacNY...ndaries-v3.pdf

Good luck for results day
Thank you!! But i dont think theyre the right grade boundaries because paper 1 was 90marks, paper 2 was 90marks and paper 3 was 80 marks so all together should be 260 marks but on the grade boundaries its showing its out of 270
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thank you!! But i dont think theyre the right grade boundaries because paper 1 was 90marks, paper 2 was 90marks and paper 3 was 80 marks so all together should be 260 marks but on the grade boundaries its showing its out of 270
oh gosh yeh. You'll still probs get a C at least. I know a few others in the same boat so hopefully the grade boundaries will be this low
Jessicalayelle
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What did you get in the end out of curiosity?! Just finished my edecxel psychology alevel exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (33)
7.38%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (263)
58.84%
No (151)
33.78%

Watched Threads