The Student Room Group

AS Lit Remark

English Literature has always been my favourite subject. Last year I got an A* for my igce exam. However I just got my AS Literature results yesterday (CIE), and I was so shocked to receive a C grade. I have been genuinely at an A grade across the year, including during my mocks. I felt like out of the 4 subjects I definitely put my all into lit :frown: I cant lie, I was pretty confident I would secure an A grade. I don't understand how I could get a C.

So the question is, is it worth getting a remark do you think? I would love to know if you've been in a similar position or know anyone who has jumped 2 grades after a remark? Thanks xxx
Reply 1
Naw wishing you the best Soph! <3 Hopefully its just been marked wrong because they've actually released the grade boundaries and only 63/100 is required for an A! ahhh :frown: x
Reply 2
Sure thing, will let you know! x
Business Studies - B
Psychology - B
History - A

Lowkey feel like I should have gotten an A for psychology but I don't want to push it aha x What subs did you take? :smile:
Reply 3
Aw you're so sweet, thanks! <3 Wow that's a lot of subjects! Bet you'd get amazing grades x
Reply 4
I bit of an update buuuut remark results came out today and my Lit grade jumped from a C to a high B! Still not the A I expected but thank God! Ah I'm so happy I didn't go through the stress of re-sitting the exam! xx

Quick Reply

Latest