A*my
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I took my whole a level maths in year 12, except for one module which I am taking in year 13. Therefore, my A level will be completed in year 13, but some of the modules were taken a year early. I am planning on taking AS further maths, but I'm not completely sure as I'd like to focus most on biology and chemistry next year. Do you know whether medicine courses will not like the fact that i've taken modules early, especially if I don't take AS further maths next year.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Most medicine courses state they expect candidates to take the equivalent of 3 A-levels over a 2 year period, and don't in general support taking A-levels or modules early except where additional modules or A(S) levels are taken in their place in year 13, to ensure you have an equal workload to other applicants in year 13 when you are due to take exams. As medicine is very academically heavy they need to see you can cope with a demanding workload, not frontload your work to then coast when the topics are harder and you have more exams scheduled.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.43%
England (143)
34.71%
Belgium (32)
7.77%
Germany (41)
9.95%
Spain (10)
2.43%
Italy (34)
8.25%
Netherlands (14)
3.4%
Other (Tell us who) (25)
6.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise