The Student Room Group

Do wards offer flexible shifts to full time nurse students having a baby?

Hi guys..:smile:
I am a full time student nurse having a 9 months baby. I need to start placement at hospital since January and I'm worried about my shift pattern. Do wards offer flexible shifts like 3 long days or working at weekend for people like me? is night shift mandatory?
I am single mum and have no support as my family lives abroad.
Does anyone have any experience to share please?
Many thanks for help
(edited 6 years ago)
You will realistically need to speak to your course convener/director of studies/placement coordinator to find out. While there are legal requirements for when you're fully employed as a nurse in this area, I'm not too sure how the reflects on student nurses and placements.
Reply 2
Exactly in the same boat as you, but have 3 children.
Original post by KRO
Hi guys..:smile:
I am a full time student nurse having a 9 months baby. I need to start placement at hospital since January and I'm worried about my shift pattern. Do wards offer flexible shifts like 3 long days or working at weekend for people like me? is night shift mandatory?
I am single mum and have no support as my family lives abroad.
Does anyone have any experience to share please?
Many thanks for help

Whilst I'd love to be able to give a full answer to your question, the best you can do is to get in contact with your university or placement, and ask them what you can do in your situation, alongside what shift patterns are obligatory! Best of luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending