The Student Room Group

Will I be disqualified for this?

In my English language exam (the one with the story) would I be disqualified for using in the speech of a bully something offensive against the disabled protagonist? I was wondering if it would be considered offensive against disabled people even if it is not my opinion.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ciarak3
In my English language exam (the one with the story) would I be disqualified for using in the speech of a bully something offensive against the disabled antagonist? I was wondering if it would be considered offensive against disabled people even if it is not my opinion.

Generally I personally wouldn't, but if it was the speech of a character it should be okay
Original post by Ciarak3
In my English language exam (the one with the story) would I be disqualified for using in the speech of a bully something offensive against the disabled protagonist? I was wondering if it would be considered offensive against disabled people even if it is not my opinion.

You'll be fine!
it should be ok as long as it was a direct quote
Reply 4
Original post by Ciarak3

Don't worry. If you were being offensive directly to the examiner and/or using swear words in your exams then they might. However, you should be pretty much okay. :smile:
Original post by Ciarak3

You'll be fine as the language builds the character of the bully by making them seem more horrible :smile:
Even words like ****** would be permissible in proper context.

Quick Reply

Latest