The Student Room Group

I have lost the will to live after my gf dumped me

I never knew I could be this weak. I was such a strong person. I miss her everyday and it's a struggle.
Original post by Anonymous
I never knew I could be this weak. I was such a strong person. I miss her everyday and it's a struggle.

Never lose yourself over a woman. There is plenty more fish in the sea.

I would recommend taking time to work on yourself now; you'll have a load of free time that would have been taken up by your girlfriend, but now you can do things that you're really interested in.

It obviously wasn't meant to be. Dust yourself off and keep your chin up, you'll be okay.
Get a new one. replace her.
Use the extra time to find yourself and your interests - only you know the answer to these
Pull yourself by the boot straps man! Get a hold of yourself!

I get it's hard, but I'm sure it's nothing you couldn't handle, I'm sure she probably wasn't worth your time anyway.

In an ideal world, just get over her and go look for a better girl.

However I realise that in long relationships, feelings actually do exist! I understand why you're upset. But you can now channel that anger and flex so hard that she ends up getting jelly and salty anyway.

By channeling I mean, put your energy into something productive:
1) Perhaps you want to get in shape/get bulked, go to the gym more
2) Perhaps get some diff clothes/things to show a new you, to show that you've forgotten the past you, that got did dirty by some random girl.
3) Maybe you're in a job? Or work? Channel the energy into working even harder! Maybe you may get a promotion/higher grades, you can now make something of yourself.
4) If the girl was embedded in your social circles, find a new social circle, show her that you've simply evolved, and all she's done is make you stronger. If by showing that you're over it, she'll probs be salty.
Reply 5
Original post by AryanGh
Pull yourself by the boot straps man! Get a hold of yourself!

I get it's hard, but I'm sure it's nothing you couldn't handle, I'm sure she probably wasn't worth your time anyway.

In an ideal world, just get over her and go look for a better girl.

However I realise that in long relationships, feelings actually do exist! I understand why you're upset. But you can now channel that anger and flex so hard that she ends up getting jelly and salty anyway.

By channeling I mean, put your energy into something productive:
1) Perhaps you want to get in shape/get bulked, go to the gym more
2) Perhaps get some diff clothes/things to show a new you, to show that you've forgotten the past you, that got did dirty by some random girl.
3) Maybe you're in a job? Or work? Channel the energy into working even harder! Maybe you may get a promotion/higher grades, you can now make something of yourself.
4) If the girl was embedded in your social circles, find a new social circle, show her that you've simply evolved, and all she's done is make you stronger. If by showing that you're over it, she'll probs be salty.

I want her back in my life
Reply 6
Things get better over time, it doesn't seem that way, but honestly you'll wake up one morning with the realisation of how little she mattered in the grand scheme of things.
Original post by Anonymous
I want her back in my life

Problem is - and I hate to be 'that guy' - you won't get her back. Whatever happened between you two has happened now. The problem isn't her not being in your life. It's the fact that you made her the object of your happiness. You need to divert your attention to the things you love doing now. Time you spend lamenting should now be spent in other creative ways. This is all that can be done now. A Stoic attitude is required for times like these. Instead of focusing on what is out of your control, focus on what IS wholly in your control - and that is yourself. I wish you luck.
Reply 8
A period of grieving is good, but then you move on. Thankfully there is more than one perfect woman.
There is someone out there who you will love even more. Tomorrow is a new day. 😊
Talk to a divorcee, they'll quickly help you realise love is a neurochemical con job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending