Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by virro)
    harry potter is a childrens fantasy book..... please remember this! why so many grown ups find it amazing i dont know. ok i admit that ne1 can read it and so they should if they like it, but to want to know it snot nosed harry dies is beyond me. Just wait and read the book. ps sorry to sound *****y, but its a craze that i just dont understand........its not real!!!!!!!!!
    just in case you haven't noticed, people replying to this thread can understand why Harry Potter rocks. and what we're wondering about is why some people can't appreciate the books.

We are waiting for the next book, and while we're anticipating for it to come out, we just find it fun to create our own theories on what might happen.

And of course it's not real. That's why it's called fiction... fantasy... whatever you may call it. But it's definitely good reading.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Hey guys...

I've been doing a lot of researching today to try to find out some theories on Mark Evans and I came across something interesting on Snape. It was actually someone else's mistake that brought me to this. Severus Snape is an anagram for Perseus Evans. Several other sites have it as Persues Evans and they think that it proves that Snape loved Lily. However, http://pub228.ezboard.com/fsiriusbla...picID=46.topic it could be that snape and lily are related. Snape perhaps changed his name from evans to snape so that he would not be associated with being a mudblood. THen distanced himself as much as possible from his sister/cousin/whatever (lily). So, later on, snape has a kid, maybe with a muggle and for the child's own safety, leaves his name as mark evans and leaves him with the muggle mom (so that the boy will be safe from death eaters in the future). This would be a cool theory. I've found a few things about it already. Oh, and if you want a real banger, go to dictionary.com and look up Perseus

Sorry for just writting now, but I've been out for the weekend!!!

Good idea...I also tought of that and I writted!! In a other post I said snpe could love lily, but now taht you say is name rearrange...hum...maybe they were related, it's the only explanation...
    to be honest I think we just found out something that maybe we weren't supost...I mean...what a coincidense!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Goodness- I come back from a quick trip to Raleigh, NC and you guys are all over the place!

Snape was pale and greasy when he was a kid, that doesnt prove he's a vamp- although its interesting, I really dont think so, someone else would have known by now-

My own little twist on it is maybe Vold is Snape's father- that would certainly explain the love/hate thing- and the Deatheater becoming good- and there are ALOT of Oedipal hints in here- (Freud- when you say one thing and mean your mother) Basically, the complex is that as a child you identify with your same sex parent, therefore, you desire the same relationship that they have with the opposite sex parents- and will compete with them for it- therfore, if you are a little boy you want to be your mothers husband- get it? Well, anyway, other than the Oedipus Rex story, pretty much never happens all the way, but alot of stories bury some feelings alng those lines in- so a boy will usually side with his mother over his father, etc- I could see Snape siding with his mother over his father after seeing that fight in the Pensieve-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    I would find it very disapointing if volde was killed in a muggle way, and i doubt it could happen. Remember when hagrid said a car crash could not kill lily james? He was outraged that they even pretneded that could happen, and we are positive volde was stronger then either of them. Plus, i think avada kadavra would be stronger then say a gun or knife. Maybe they could push him out of a window.... nah he would just apparate away. I would say if would ahve to be using a wand.

You right!! and why can wizards live longer then muggles...maybe they can't die like muggles do!!

Voldemort won't die ina muggle away...what is the fun of that...I meanm he has to be killed by harry, and I'm not seeing harry kill him wuth a gun(or something else)!!! anyway I think wizards take a lot more to die!!!

ReputationRep:
    now all you people who are anti-Harry Potter discussion- don't read the thread! Why would you open up a thread to badmouth the people in it? Thats so stupid- and is it me or has everyone who writes something like that have an inability to use multisyllabic words or spell? Myabe they should read a little more!

ReputationRep:
    The whole love thing was brought up a long time ago- I know- it was my first post

Vold can't die in a muggle way- he IS a Wizard, however much we hate him- (although if Neville bounced out the window, how did he fall and break his wrist in book one? shouldn't he have bounced again?)

I'm thinking if the Patronus is an incarnation of happiness, there has to be a spell that is the incarnation of love- so if Harry focused all his energy on everyone he loved and who loved him, he should be able to make some sort of super-spell that would knock out anyone- maybe not a stag again, but something powerful-

It might be a kids moral lesson ending, but I don't think it will be BORING- she wrote the ending and sealed it away years ago, so she must know where its going-

ReputationRep:
    sorry- noe more then I'll be caught up-

F&G said "fanged servant" because everyone thought Harry was setting the snake on whoever it was, can't remember right now- they started with all of that right after the dueling club- they weren't referring to the Chamber of Secrets beast-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Goodness- I come back from a quick trip to Raleigh, NC and you guys are all over the place!

Snape was pale and greasy when he was a kid, that doesnt prove he's a vamp- although its interesting, I really dont think so, someone else would have known by now-

My own little twist on it is maybe Vold is Snape's father- that would certainly explain the love/hate thing- and the Deatheater becoming good- and there are ALOT of Oedipal hints in here- (Freud- when you say one thing and mean your mother) Basically, the complex is that as a child you identify with your same sex parent, therefore, you desire the same relationship that they have with the opposite sex parents- and will compete with them for it- therfore, if you are a little boy you want to be your mothers husband- get it? Well, anyway, other than the Oedipus Rex story, pretty much never happens all the way, but alot of stories bury some feelings alng those lines in- so a boy will usually side with his mother over his father, etc- I could see Snape siding with his mother over his father after seeing that fight in the Pensieve-

I like this one. Vold as Snape's father. It kind of makes sense, Snape really wouldn't have had a choice to not be a deatheater then would he. Snape would also have a very good reason to hate Voldie because of what he did to his mother when he was a child. Snape I think also had a crush on Lily like someone said before. But he was on the good side before Voldie killed her. Maybe, Lily was the reason he turned to the good side? Just a thought.

ReputationRep:
    The whole love thing was brought up a long time ago- I know- it was my first post

Vold can't die in a muggle way- he IS a Wizard, however much we hate him- (although if Neville bounced out the window, how did he fall and break his wrist in book one? shouldn't he have bounced again?)

I'm thinking if the Patronus is an incarnation of happiness, there has to be a spell that is the incarnation of love- so if Harry focused all his energy on everyone he loved and who loved him, he should be able to make some sort of super-spell that would knock out anyone- maybe not a stag again, but something powerful-

It might be a kids moral lesson ending, but I don't think it will be BORING- she wrote the ending and sealed it away years ago, so she must know where its going-

I agree...voldie can die ina muggle way!!! I wouldn't like that...
    remenber when harry visited the s.mungs hospital...there was no "victmins" of normal disease, I guess that means that wizards can die like miglles can!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I agree...voldie can die ina muggle way!!! I wouldn't like that...
    remenber when harry visited the s.mungs hospital...there was no "victmins" of normal disease, I guess that means that wizards can die like miglles can!!!

sorry, "wizards can't die like muggles can!!!"
    sorry...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    I know this post will sound very crazy, but please at least read it. (This is from book 3)

I am almost certain that crookshanks is, in fact James Potter. I know this sounds crazy but i have the evidence:

1: In the pet shop, he jumped on Ron's head. Did he see harry?
    2: Also in the pet shop, when he jumped on Ron, he was holding scabbers (Peter).
    3: He is seen walking with Sirius across the grounds.
    4: Everytime he sees scabbers (Peter) he tries to attack him. Hermione covers this up saying it's what any cat would do.
    5: Peter fakes his death to get away from crookshanks (james n my opinion)
    6: Crookshanks (james) helps sirius into Gryffindor, when he tried to kill peter
    7:When Sirius drags Ron into the willow, crookshanks (james) 1: suddenly comes to harry and hermoine, 2: presses the knot on the willow like he knew what he was doing (james would have known) and 3: goes with them inside
    8: during the fight in the willow, when harry is attcking sirius, crookshanks (james) jumps and grabs onto to HARRY, as though trying to stop him.
    9: After Harry knocks sirius down, and Harry was thinking about killing him ( i dont know how, even in book 5 he can't do the unforgivable curses) crookshanks (james) sits on sirius and Harry thinks "so what if i have to kill this cat to get revenge for my parents" Odd how he thinks about his parents while looknig at crookshanks (james) huh? I think crookshanks (James) was trying to stop harry from doing the wrong thing (killing james's best friend)
    10: Crookshanks (james) leads the way out of the willow, as though trying to make sure he is caught

Now, i am really not sure how this is possible. We know James is dead, but maybe animagi can still transform after they are dead? Or maybe james used very complicated magic. You would have thought if this was true, sirius would have told harry. But i think james cannot tell anybody about it, because then voldemort would want revenge, because harry escaped him so much. This is just an idea, but i hope some of you find it some what convincing. So if you agree with me, The Marauder's were together again that night. Peter as scabbers, James as crookshanks and Sirius and Remus (Lupin) as themselves. Any one agree with me?

I know this is from a long time ago, but I just came across it, since I am starting from the beginning. What if crookshanks is not James but is Lily. Isn't crookshanks a ginger colored cat, Lily had red hair, right? Just a thought. Sorry to bring up an old subject.

ReputationRep:

it could be...voldie was the age to be snape's father...but I don't think so.
    I prefr the teory that someone he liked was kiled by voldie...I just can't see snape as voldie's son...but is a tought!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I know this is from a long time ago, but I just came across it, since I am starting from the beginning. What if crookshanks is not James but is Lily. Isn't crookshanks a ginger colored cat, Lily had red hair, right? Just a thought. Sorry to bring up an old subject.

Just forget this line. I should have read a little further down. SORRY

ReputationRep:
    To be honest when I sarted s a menber of this site, and sarted writting in this thread, I din't read every pots...I read a few...
    so I don't know why you sad to forget your pots!!! why couldn't crookshanks be lily???

James couldn't be crookshanks, because if he was why then wouldn't he showed him self to harry??? james is a stag...he can't be another animal...(I think)...I guess if james was the cat, then why woulnd't sirius tell harry???
    james is dead! how could he survive to voldie, and why would he stay hiden!!!
    I belive crookshanks has something special...so the honer of the pet shop said it...but it couldn't be james!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    To be honest when I sarted s a menber of this site, and sarted writting in this thread, I din't read every pots...I read a few...
    so I don't know why you sad to forget your pots!!! why couldn't crookshanks be lily???

James couldn't be crookshanks, because if he was why then wouldn't he showed him self to harry??? james is a stag...he can't be another animal...(I think)...I guess if james was the cat, then why woulnd't sirius tell harry???
    james is dead! how could he survive to voldie, and why would he stay hiden!!!
    I belive crookshanks has something special...so the honer of the pet shop said it...but it couldn't be james!!
    please comment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    he will wake up and it'll all be a dream.

love Katy ***

ps. harry potter is the most rediculas waste of money i have ever seen, talk bout christmas being comercialized- u "fans" are stoopid.
    Isn't that supposed to be expected. The HP franchise is worth millions and so it is inevitable that the big fish wanted to cash in. Recently my dad got my little sister some harry potter books and films, then he got mail offering things like stickers, bups, pencils, etc at ridiculous prices.

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anybody has taken the time to actually read all the replies?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys...we are almost getting to the page 100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!...woh!!!

we are good..looool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Just wondering if anybody has taken the time to actually read all the replies?
    Every single one from the very first page *nods*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Every single one from the very first page *nods*
    Though considering I've been here from the first, it's not as if I trawled through it all at once...

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.