Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was reading a few things at: www.hp-lexicon.org
    and I read something that I didn't understandit was about tom riddle, what he did afther leaving hogwarts9:

" He spent years trying to discover the secret of immortality, and some of his experimention he did on himself apparantly had some effect when he attacked and failed to kill harry potter."

what does it means??? voldie couldn't kill harry 'cause of the love thing harry has...right?

ReputationRep:
    www.hp-lexicon.org

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I was reading a few things at: www.hp-lexicon.org
    and I read something that I didn't understandit was about tom riddle, what he did afther leaving hogwarts9:

" He spent years trying to discover the secret of immortality, and some of his experimention he did on himself apparantly had some effect when he attacked and failed to kill harry potter."

what does it means??? voldie couldn't kill harry 'cause of the love thing harry has...right?
    all the experiments that voldemort experimented on himself helped him resist the curse.....if it hadn´t been for that he would have been killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    all the experiments that voldemort experimented on himself helped him resist the curse.....if it hadn´t been for that he would have been killed.
    hehe...a little repetitive

ReputationRep:
    I've been reading(in the same site), and I found out that voldie as 65 years...and snape as 35 or 36(so would sirius if he hand't die ).
    when sanpe and the others(james, wormtail, sirius, lupin)...voldie was 30!!
    according to the age he could be snape parent's...

but I still don't think so...sanpe as a lot to "tell"!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I've been reading(in the same site), and I found out that voldie as 65 years...and snape as 35 or 36(so would sirius if he hand't die ).
    when sanpe and the others(james, wormtail, sirius, lupin)...voldie was 30!!
    according to the age he could be snape parent's...

but I still don't think so...sanpe as a lot to "tell"!

"when snape and the others were born..."

forgot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Just wondering if anybody has taken the time to actually read all the replies?

I am on page 15 right now. I just thought I'd read them so that I wouldn't repeat something and to see where one thought led another. I have too much time on my hands today.

ReputationRep:
    100 pages!

*sets of Fred and George-esque fireworks*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    100 pages!

*sets of Fred and George-esque fireworks*
    Has nobody banned this harry potter thread yet - it should be banned cos its really annoying!!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)
    Has nobody banned this harry potter thread yet - it should be banned cos its really annoying!!!!

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    *sigh*

-To be honest I really don't see why it should be.

The only part you're forced to see is the title on the main page, but you are not forced to participate.

I realise there are some members who dislike the books, for whatever reason, but there are many of us who enjoy the discussion.

There is certainly no reason to ban the thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    *sigh*

-To be honest I really don't see why it should be.

The only part you're forced to see is the title on the main page, but you are not forced to participate.

I realise there are some members who dislike the books, for whatever reason, but there are many of us who enjoy the discussion.

There is certainly no reason to ban the thread.

I agree!!

ps-I love this thread!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Egan1 congratulations: 1000pots!!!!!
    woh!!!

ReputationRep:
    I love this thread- I'm getting so annoyed by people who come on to post that it should be shut down! From what I can see, its the most successful thread on UK Learning! It has people from all over the world talking and interested and reading and studying-

ANYTHING THAT GETS PEOPLE READING SHOULD BE APPLAUDED- whether you like the material or not-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I love this thread- I'm getting so annoyed by people who come on to post that it should be shut down! From what I can see, its the most successful thread on UK Learning! It has people from all over the world talking and interested and reading and studying-

ANYTHING THAT GETS PEOPLE READING SHOULD BE APPLAUDED- whether you like the material or not-

lol...I agree completly!!!
    I never liked so much to writte in english before!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know if I buy the Snape liking Lily thing- Malfoy doesn't "like" Hermione- there doesn't HAVE to be romantic intrigue- maybe he turned to the good side for a less soap opera reason- like he respected Dumbledore-
    actually going back to my Vold is Snape's dad theory (sorry to repeat!)- Vold would have joined the Death Eaters out of family obligation- also would have been in Slytherin- would have hung out wiht future death eaters who came from families that woudl have been friends with Vold (remember he said his friends called him Lord V in school?)- but, since Dumbledore always says it isn't what you are born but how you choose to be, he would have appreciated Dumbledore allowing him to stay at Hogwarts, not singling him out, treating him like everyone else- and would have felt more loyalty to him that to his father who treated him like dirt (I dont see Lord V being the nice Daddy type)- so he would have turned spy- the ultimate payback- this would also explain while as much as he hates Harry, he keeps him from being hurt all the time (at Quidditch, from Umbridge, from Fluffy)- hes just mean to him in school- he needs Harry to be alive to defeat Vold-

maybe at the end Snape will have to choose to fight Vold or step back and let Harry risk it- but he will step up to the plate and fight for good- that would show true love and defeat V!

Go Yankees!

ReputationRep:
    Voldy being Snape's dad would make Snape the heir of Slitherin - so wouldn't he be able to stop what happened in CoS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I don't know if I buy the Snape liking Lily thing- Malfoy doesn't "like" Hermione- there doesn't HAVE to be romantic intrigue- maybe he turned to the good side for a less soap opera reason- like he respected Dumbledore-
    actually going back to my Vold is Snape's dad theory (sorry to repeat!)- Vold would have joined the Death Eaters out of family obligation- also would have been in Slytherin- would have hung out wiht future death eaters who came from families that woudl have been friends with Vold (remember he said his friends called him Lord V in school?)- but, since Dumbledore always says it isn't what you are born but how you choose to be, he would have appreciated Dumbledore allowing him to stay at Hogwarts, not singling him out, treating him like everyone else- and would have felt more loyalty to him that to his father who treated him like dirt (I dont see Lord V being the nice Daddy type)- so he would have turned spy- the ultimate payback- this would also explain while as much as he hates Harry, he keeps him from being hurt all the time (at Quidditch, from Umbridge, from Fluffy)- hes just mean to him in school- he needs Harry to be alive to defeat Vold-

maybe at the end Snape will have to choose to fight Vold or step back and let Harry risk it- but he will step up to the plate and fight for good- that would show true love and defeat V!

Go Yankees!

I guess snape joing voldie maybe for revenge! back at school he was tised, and maybe by joing to death etars he could get some respect!!!
    voldei is not his father, I hope not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Voldy being Snape's dad would make Snape the heir of Slitherin - so wouldn't he be able to stop what happened in CoS.
    depends who the mother is. if it was a muggle-born person it might not happen.... they'd have to be a paresltongue (maybe it's not that genetic + to do with dominant genes blah blah). there may be more of slytherin in harry then in any son of voldykins... would explain snape's ugliness tho, who the hell would want to have sex with darling lord v? i agree with whoever said this is getting more and more like a soap....

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Hey Virro,

You do of course understand that when you actually learn how to read, you may improve your spelling skills. Anyhow, if you don't like the books, and don't want to talk here like a big-boy(/girl) then don't waste your time. You just come across as a misinformed oaf. Thanks for stopping by, don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    LMAO!! hahah u r my hero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hildabeast)

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
    What i don't get is why u haven't been banned from this site

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.