Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am on page 77 of previous posts and everyone is talking about twin. Please forgive me if I am repeating something. Could Petunia and Lily be twins. Petunia then could be a squib and know about V and Dementors because she has been to Hogwarts but that is when they found out she is really weak magically. This has caused her to become jealous of Lily bcs they were so close growing up but now Lily has something she can never have plus their parents are so proud of Lily. Maybe they have made Petunia feel like a failure.

The reason her house is so clean could be because that is the only magic she can do well.

I also think that James, Lupin and Sirius are in Gryffindor together, but Peter is in Slytherin. In the first book, the song that the sorting hat sings says "Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."
    Peter could be using any means by riding his friends coat tails to glory.

Just my thoughts. Sorry to have brought up an old post like this. Just wanted to get out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    Ok, I am on page 77 of previous posts and everyone is talking about twin. Please forgive me if I am repeating something. Could Petunia and Lily be twins. Petunia then could be a squib and know about V and Dementors because she has been to Hogwarts but that is when they found out she is really weak magically. This has caused her to become jealous of Lily bcs they were so close growing up but now Lily has something she can never have plus their parents are so proud of Lily. Maybe they have made Petunia feel like a failure.

The reason her house is so clean could be because that is the only magic she can do well.

I also think that James, Lupin and Sirius are in Gryffindor together, but Peter is in Slytherin. In the first book, the song that the sorting hat sings says "Those cunning folk use any means to achieve their ends."

Just my thoughts. Sorry to have brought up an old post like this. Just wanted to get out.

Hey, no that's cool. It's good to see people reading up. I would hate to have to read 100+ pages all at once!!! ARGH!!! Good points.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Hey, no that's cool. It's good to see people reading up. I would hate to have to read 100+ pages all at once!!! ARGH!!! Good points.

I can't remember, have we discussed this? Remember when Dumbledore sent Petunia the Howler that said "Remember my last"? Well, any guess on that? Why did she feel compelled to take harry in? I mean, if you think about it, she hated her sister so much. She could have just sent him to an orphanage. He must have something on her. Dunno. Any theories?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I am on page 77 of previous posts and everyone is talking about twin. Please forgive me if I am repeating something. Could Petunia and Lily be twins. Petunia then could be a squib and know about V and Dementors because she has been to Hogwarts but that is when they found out she is really weak magically.
    i dont think they could be twins just because fisically they´re really different, lily is a red head with green eyes and petunia is blonde.

if peter had been in slytherin, i dont think the marauders would have been his friends. house rivalry was too strong. sirius´ whole family had been in slytherin and he didn´t want anything to do with them, so i dont think he could be friends with a slytherin because it reminded him of the things he wanted to get away from.
    and i dont think peter is cunning, he just tries to be friend with the people who are going to protect him.
    peter doesn´t seem the type to be in gryffindor, but i´m guessing he was more brave than he was cunning, loyal or smart.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember, have we discussed this? Remember when Dumbledore sent Petunia the Howler that said "Remember my last"? Well, any guess on that? Why did she feel compelled to take harry in? I mean, if you think about it, she hated her sister so much. She could have just sent him to an orphanage. He must have something on her. Dunno. Any theories?
    there´s a lot about petunia we don´t know and it is a little weird that she kept harry. maybe she didn´t hate lily as much as we think or she felt obligated to kept harry because all the horrible things dhe did to lily.
    maybe she couldn´t bring herself to leave harry in an orphanage because she knew that harry would´ve been in mortal danger.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Petunia does have a heart. After all, Harry, freak or non-freak, has their blood, and why would Petunia just let her die?

Besides this, I think Dumbledore also threatened Petunia that if something happened to Harry, well, something will also happen to the Dursleys.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!!

For those who don't like hp why bother post here, saing bad of hp!...please go away!

Petunia and Lily can't be twins...isn't petunia older than lily??she look's much more older.
    I think Peter bethraid sirius, james, and lupin, not meaning it! I mean, he is a completly coward, he didn't know what he was getting him, when he joing voldie...and once you're in you can't get out!!!
    but that doesn't mean I like him, because I don't...I realy hate him, for what he did to harry's parents and to sirius...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    i dont think they could be twins just because fisically they´re really different, lily is a red head with green eyes and petunia is blonde.

if peter had been in slytherin, i dont think the marauders would have been his friends. house rivalry was too strong. sirius´ whole family had been in slytherin and he didn´t want anything to do with them, so i dont think he could be friends with a slytherin because it reminded him of the things he wanted to get away from.
    and i dont think peter is cunning, he just tries to be friend with the people who are going to protect him.
    peter doesn´t seem the type to be in gryffindor, but i´m guessing he was more brave than he was cunning, loyal or smart.
    I agree with this. Peter could not be slytherin because we could clearly see that James and co. don't like people from Slytherin, so why would they even have one in their circle of friends?

Peter found the perfect friends... the rest of the Marauders... because they are popular and they are indeed strong and can protect him. But someone stronger and more powerful came by, and he makes a turn around. Now this is Peter's problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I'm sure Petunia does have a heart. After all, Harry, freak or non-freak, has their blood, and why would Petunia just let her die?

Besides this, I think Dumbledore also threatened Petunia that if something happened to Harry, well, something will also happen to the Dursleys.

A squib ins't someone who know's about wizard world!!
    well if it his, than petunia is a squib, she has to know a lot of things of the "other" world...specialy afther to took harry! now a days, she probably konws something...
    when she got the letter from dumbledore 15 yeard ago, dumbledore must of have told her something about his world...then she is a squib, right???

I hope you all understund!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    A squib ins't someone who know's about wizard world!!
    well if it his, than petunia is a squib, she has to know a lot of things of the "other" world...specialy afther to took harry! now a days, she probably konws something...
    when she got the letter from dumbledore 15 yeard ago, dumbledore must of have told her something about his world...then she is a squib, right???

I hope you all understund!!!

a squib is someone born in a wizarding family but has no powers.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with this. Peter could not be slytherin because we could clearly see that James and co. don't like people from Slytherin, so why would they even have one in their circle of friends?

Peter found the perfect friends... the rest of the Marauders... because they are popular and they are indeed strong and can protect him. But someone stronger and more powerful came by, and he makes a turn around. Now this is Peter's problem.

yeah! he coulnd't...if peter knowen the secret place they all went envery month, how could he be from slytherin!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    yeah! he coulnd't...if peter knowen the secret place they all went envery month, how could he be from slytherin!
    that doesn´t mean anything......

ReputationRep:
    First of all- oh my gosh go back and read old posts - the whole petunia/squib NOT was discussed like three times-

end result- some people think she could be, some people say she couldn't because if Lily is a mudblood they dont come from a wizarding family-

no reason they couldn't be twins other than not remotely looking alike- JK likes twins- we have the Weasley's and the Patil's- but they both look like each other-

Did young James, Sirius, and Lupin strike you as the type to be friends with someone in Slytherin? Peter had to be in Gryffindor- he must have some courage we dont know about- maybe he'll show it in the end- when he realizes Harry is a more powerful ally- that all he really cares about anyway-

HP haters- GO AWAY- no one wants you here- and trust me, we are FAR less weird that Star Wars fans- or even Rocky Horror Picture Show fans-

ReputationRep:
    that doesn´t mean anything......

But if peter was from slytherin how come he was sirius, lupins and james friends...I think he was in gryffindor...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    First of all- oh my gosh go back and read old posts - the whole petunia/squib NOT was discussed like three times-

end result- some people think she could be, some people say she couldn't because if Lily is a mudblood they dont come from a wizarding family-

no reason they couldn't be twins other than not remotely looking alike- JK likes twins- we have the Weasley's and the Patil's- but they both look like each other-

Did young James, Sirius, and Lupin strike you as the type to be friends with someone in Slytherin? Peter had to be in Gryffindor- he must have some courage we dont know about- maybe he'll show it in the end- when he realizes Harry is a more powerful ally- that all he really cares about anyway-

HP haters- GO AWAY- no one wants you here- and trust me, we are FAR less weird that Star Wars fans- or even Rocky Horror Picture Show fans-

I agree!! Petunia and lily aren't twins(sorry to repet)!
    But Petunia does know something!

ReputationRep:

Do you think then that Peter was spellbound by Voldie and when he realized what he had done he tried to hide. That was when Sirius found him. Or do you think he knew what he was doing and just wanted to be with associated with the most powerful wizard there was at the time?

ReputationRep:
    FINALLY!! finished page 88 where I started.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    But if peter was from slytherin how come he was sirius, lupins and james friends...I think he was in gryffindor...
    of course he was in gryffindor.....i never said he wasn´t

ReputationRep:
    Do you think then that Peter was spellbound by Voldie and when he realized what he had done he tried to hide. That was when Sirius found him. Or do you think he knew what he was doing and just wanted to be with associated with the most powerful wizard there was at the time?

To be honest I think it´sa little of both: he wanted to be associated with voldie, because he was the "biggest" wizard, but then he realised that he shoulnd't assiciated with him!...that it's just my tought!

ReputationRep:
    of course he was in gryffindor.....i never said he wasn´t

ok!! tought you said he was...never mind!

How many time for the next book to come??? how long do you think it will take? 2 years???
    here in portugal the book 5 hasn't come yet(portuguese version)...it only will come in 2 weeks!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.