Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    To be honest I think it´sa little of both: he wanted to be associated with voldie, because he was the "biggest" wizard, but then he realised that he shoulnd't assiciated with him!...that it's just my tought!

Maybe he just did that to prove that he could be more "powerful", you know, because he wasn't as good as his friends...but then again, he brethraid then...he got then killed! Do you think he did that for pure revenge? And if it was, why would he do it for revenge...I mean, what did sirius or lupin or james do to deserv what peter did?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Maybe he just did that to prove that he could be more "powerful", you know, because he wasn't as good as his friends...but then again, he brethraid then...he got then killed! Do you think he did that for pure revenge? And if it was, why would he do it for revenge...I mean, what did sirius or lupin or james do to deserv what peter did?
    I think he was standing in the middle of the road. He wanted to make sure that he knew who was going to win and then he could say he was on their side all the time. He just got caught and now he has to stay with Voldie until something happens and he can redeme himself with goodies. He is going to have to something big, but I think they will take him back. I mean look at Snape, Dumbledore believes him to be converted to good.

I think Harry ultimately will let his heart lead him. I know it's a golden lining thing, but he keeps showing that side of himself that wants to protect and be a hero (just like Lily wanted to protect Snape from James).

ReputationRep:
    I say it all the time but I htink there is something special about being "A Potter" - and thats how Peter was able to betray them- he was looking at the "thing" not his friends- I doubt he was enchanted- from all the descriptions it seems like he's always stuck onto people who are more powerful than he is- long before he joined the Death Eaters-

kikas I'm sooo sorry you haven't gotten book 5 yet! Supposedly rumor has it book six hits here Nov 2004, but I tend to think thats a little bit of wishful thinking- they'll save the super sales for the Christmas season- my guess is late Nov 2004- whenever it is will be evenly between Movie 3 and Movie 4-

ReputationRep:
    Hey Kikas. Have you already got book 5, even if it hasn't come out there yet? Because there must be loads of spoilers here, so I hope that you have already read it.
    Also, to be twins, I think that sometimes you can look pretty different, as not all twins are identical. I hope that either Peunia or Dumbledore decide to show Harry the letter which Dumblydore sent to Petunia. Hopefully that would give quite a lot of information.
    I reckon that Wormtail was a coward, but I agree that maybe he wanted to join Voldie to prove that he could actually do something for himself, and that he wasn't just a tagalong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hey Kikas. Have you already got book 5, even if it hasn't come out there yet? Because there must be loads of spoilers here, so I hope that you have already read it.
    Also, to be twins, I think that sometimes you can look pretty different, as not all twins are identical. I hope that either Peunia or Dumbledore decide to show Harry the letter which Dumblydore sent to Petunia. Hopefully that would give quite a lot of information.
    I reckon that Wormtail was a coward, but I agree that maybe he wanted to join Voldie to prove that he could actually do something for himself, and that he wasn't just a tagalong.
    That was what I was thinking, about twins not always looking alike. I also hope that Harry confronts Aunt Petunia over the summer about her relationship with his mother and the letter. Dumbledore's not the only keeping things from Harry. I think Petunia is keeping a lot information from Harry and Vernon. I really think Vernon is in for a really rude awakening and I can't wait to see his face turn 10 shades of red/purple.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question...

What is the difference between the British version and the American version? Besides the cover.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I have a question...

What is the difference between the British version and the American version? Besides the cover.
    Usually it is just a few words substituted for one another but complete lists are on the lexicon here:

PS
    CS
    PA
    GF
    OP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Usually it is just a few words substituted for one another but complete lists are on the lexicon here:

PS
    CS
    PA
    GF
    OP
    wow-look at this HP thread!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I say it all the time but I htink there is something special about being "A Potter" - and thats how Peter was able to betray them- he was looking at the "thing" not his friends- I doubt he was enchanted- from all the descriptions it seems like he's always stuck onto people who are more powerful than he is- long before he joined the Death Eaters-

kikas I'm sooo sorry you haven't gotten book 5 yet! Supposedly rumor has it book six hits here Nov 2004, but I tend to think thats a little bit of wishful thinking- they'll save the super sales for the Christmas season- my guess is late Nov 2004- whenever it is will be evenly between Movie 3 and Movie 4-

Hey...I agree, but if peter tought thay way then is notting but a liar...good how I hate him...don't you think he was better of dead...I just wishe harry dind't let him go...I mean harry couldn't kill him, even afther he found out what peter did to his parent's...but before he was about to kill sirius for the same reason(bethraing his parent's)!
    He would kill sirius but I just don't get it why didn't he have so much anger about peter??'
    well...ok....not dead, but at least in prision... maybe in the next book peter will go to jail...
    Now I remenber, was sirius name clear...clean??

Oh, and Brooklyn I've already read the book, but it had to be in english...but I understund a lot of things...the problem was only with the details!!lol...but thank's for your preoccupation...now I'm just waiting for the book in portuguese so I can read it again, but this time understand everything!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Hey...I agree, but if peter tought thay way then is notting but a liar...good how I hate him...don't you think he was better of dead...I just wishe harry dind't let him go...I mean harry couldn't kill him, even afther he found out what peter did to his parent's...but before he was about to kill sirius for the same reason(bethraing his parent's)!
    He would kill sirius but I just don't get it why didn't he have so much anger about peter??'
    well...ok....not dead, but at least in prision... maybe in the next book peter will go to jail...
    Now I remenber, was sirius name clear...clean??

Oh, and Brooklyn I've already read the book, but it had to be in english...but I understund a lot of things...the problem was only with the details!!lol...but thank's for your preoccupation...now I'm just waiting for the book in portuguese so I can read it again, but this time understand everything!!!
    Too much HP will make you go blind - have to admit it is good though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)

I have some family(you can say that...long time friends), living in england...and e few moths ago I implore then to get me the book...and they did ...it took me the all of the summer vacations...but it was wortgh...As you see, it takes a realy long time to read the book in my langue...the book was at sale in june...there in england (I think)...here it's only coming out in 2 weeks...that's why I asked for my friends back in england to bring me the book...I couldn't wait that long!!!!

Isn't petunia older than lily????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    And that's a game. The marlins won it. Sorry SF.
    that was the almost the worst thing i ahve ever seen ( giants losing the palyoffs was worse)

ReputationRep:
    Another year!!! Oh my good...We have to wait onther year to read the book...snif, snif...that's a realy long time.
    But if I think about it...it's better then 2 years!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    hahahah sucks for Cubs fans!!!
    haha sucks not to have a life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I have some family(you can say that...long time friends), living in england...and e few moths ago I implore then to get me the book...and they did ...it took me the all of the summer vacations...but it was wortgh...As you see, it takes a realy long time to read the book in my langue...the book was at sale in june...there in england (I think)...here it's only coming out in 2 weeks...that's why I asked for my friends back in england to bring me the book...I couldn't wait that long!!!!

Isn't petunia older than lily????
    Hold on was lily headgirl?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    there´s a lot about petunia we don´t know and it is a little weird that she kept harry. maybe she didn´t hate lily as much as we think or she felt obligated to kept harry because all the horrible things dhe did to lily.
    maybe she couldn´t bring herself to leave harry in an orphanage because she knew that harry would´ve been in mortal danger.
    I really dont think petunia would care if he died, as she hopes for it while he is at school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    A squib ins't someone who know's about wizard world!!
    well if it his, than petunia is a squib, she has to know a lot of things of the "other" world...specialy afther to took harry! now a days, she probably konws something...
    when she got the letter from dumbledore 15 yeard ago, dumbledore must of have told her something about his world...then she is a squib, right???

I hope you all understund!!!

No, a squib kniows aboutt he magic world. Look at mrs. fig! she saw the dementors, and filch is a squib, and he works there.

Wonder how petunia really knew about azkaban, i mean it's not likely she would want to even talk about it, yet she mentions it infront of vernan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    Do you think then that Peter was spellbound by Voldie and when he realized what he had done he tried to hide. That was when Sirius found him. Or do you think he knew what he was doing and just wanted to be with associated with the most powerful wizard there was at the time?
    Imperius curse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    on a further note..would you mind starting your own Critizism of Harry Potter thread...instead of wasting space on this *cough* record breaking*cough* thread

CR
    Yeah so then we can come anbd interept their site with useless gumflapping. Ok, i am done posting for now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    No, a squib kniows aboutt he magic world. Look at mrs. fig! she saw the dementors, and filch is a squib, and he works there.

Wonder how petunia really knew about azkaban, i mean it's not likely she would want to even talk about it, yet she mentions it infront of vernan.

I think Petunia knows a lot more then she "shows"!!! But she never want's to talk about the wizars world...hum..I would like to know about that!
    there is a lot to explian about that...
    In the past she must've said something about the wizard world to vernon, because, remenber when they don't want to talk about that...if they don't wont to talk, it's because they do know something (hope you undertstand...it's a little confused).

About lily being headgirl...don't know-sorry!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.