Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Imperius curse?

Peter looks prety conscious to me of what is doing!
    I like the other theory better- that he joing voldie to prove he could be better!

ReputationRep:
    Lilly and James were head boy and girl I think...not sure if Hagrid says that as some point- something like they were good people 'Head boy and girl in there day' or to that effect.

And were you asking earlier whether Sirius' name was cleared before he died? No, it wasn't. Apart from the members of the Order, and of course the deatheaters and a few students, everyone, perhaps with the exception of those who believed Sirius to be an alias of Stubby Boardman *chuckles* still thought him to be a mass murderer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Lilly and James were head boy and girl I think...not sure if Hagrid says that as some point- something like they were good people 'Head boy and girl in there day' or to that effect.

And were you asking earlier whether Sirius' name was cleared before he died? No, it wasn't. Apart from the members of the Order, and of course the deatheaters and a few students, everyone, perhaps with the exception of those who believed Sirius to be an alias of Stubby Boardman *chuckles* still thought him to be a mass murderer.

ohhh... that's realy bad...Imagin how harry will feel if anuone talk's about sirius as if he was the criminal...
    As if it wasn't enought for him to die...everybody still thinks he killed all those muggles!!

ReputationRep:
    Do you thinl that Fudge will belive in Dumbledore when he'il say that sirius is inoccent??
    I mean, Fudge only belived that voldie was alive because he saw him!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hey Kikas. Have you already got book 5, even if it hasn't come out there yet? Because there must be loads of spoilers here, so I hope that you have already read it.
    Also, to be twins, I think that sometimes you can look pretty different, as not all twins are identical. I hope that either Peunia or Dumbledore decide to show Harry the letter which Dumblydore sent to Petunia. Hopefully that would give quite a lot of information.
    I reckon that Wormtail was a coward, but I agree that maybe he wanted to join Voldie to prove that he could actually do something for himself, and that he wasn't just a tagalong.
    exactly i have a pair of twinnie buddies, and they look nothing alike. ones blonde ones brune and one weighs about 120 lbs, the other well over 200!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Do you thinl that Fudge will belive in Dumbledore when he'il say that sirius is inoccent??
    I mean, Fudge only belived that voldie was alive because he saw him!
    probably not.....he´ll believe him if sees peter and interrogates him with veritaserum......stupid fudge!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    probably not.....he´ll believe him if sees peter and interrogates him with veritaserum......stupid fudge!!
    yes, but HOW will he see peter? stupid lerolina jk jk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    yes, but HOW will he see peter? stupid lerolina jk jk
    i´m hoping he gets caught!!! if he doesn´t then i´ll be really disappointed and upset.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    i´m hoping he gets caught!!! if he doesn´t then i´ll be really disappointed and upset.......
    awwwwwwww poor sad lerolina

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Yup, me too. I got on when we were only up to page 20 something (I think) and read them all before I posted. Then posted as unregistered for quite a while before registering.
    Yup same here. I came when the thread was on like page 10 or something. I first posted as unregistered for awhile then i became Magic101. i have read every single post so far (geeze its a lot of posts! lol).
    oh btw. i was rereading parts in book 5. there was one part where harry, ron, and hermione go to visit hagrid (when he comes back from his mission). they are asking about where he went etc. then umbridge comes and harry, ron, and hermione hide under the invisibility cloak while umbridge says something like: "did i hear u talking to somebody Hagrid?" and then Hagrid says "i was just talking to Fang." then umbridge is like "ohh really?" and then Hagrid goes "yeah. its as if Fang is almost human sometimes."
    so....maybe there is more to Fang than we are told. i know that Hagrid said that so that umbridge wouldn't find out who he was really talking to, but it still makes me wonder. could this be some foreshadowing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

It said Lily and James were Headboy and girl in Book one when Hagrid was telling Harry he was a wizard, saying he had to be with his parents being what they were

ReputationRep:
    Imperius curse?
    Don't reckon Peter was being controlled in anyway, I think he's just one of those weakwilled people who change alliances to their own advantage. He was friends with James etc in school coz they were the popular boys, and they'd protect him, but once he'd left school, he switched his alliance to Voldemort because he was bigger and would give him more power/protection.

Do you think that Voldemort was powerful whilst the Maurauders were at school?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    Don't reckon Peter was being controlled in anyway, I think he's just one of those weakwilled people who change alliances to their own advantage. He was friends with James etc in school coz they were the popular boys, and they'd protect him, but once he'd left school, he switched his alliance to Voldemort because he was bigger and would give him more power/protection.

Do you think that Voldemort was powerful whilst the Maurauders were at school?
    mayb, but at the time they were at Hogwarts, so it wouldn't really compel him to change to Voldemort, because at the time (in Peters life)
    Voldemort didnt have power at Hogwarts AND nothing would benifit frm their alliance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Usually it is just a few words substituted for one another but complete lists are on the lexicon here:

PS
    CS
    PA
    GF
    OP

Thanks. I just logged in this morning.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I think Petunia knows a lot more then she "shows"!!! But she never want's to talk about the wizars world...hum..I would like to know about that!
    there is a lot to explian about that...
    In the past she must've said something about the wizard world to vernon, because, remenber when they don't want to talk about that...if they don't wont to talk, it's because they do know something (hope you undertstand...it's a little confused).

About lily being headgirl...don't know-sorry!
    I finished rereading book 1 American version last night. On page 55 Hagrid is telling Harry "Now, yer mum an' dad were as good a witch an' wizard as I ever knew. Head boy an' girl at Howarts in their day!"

So they were head girl and head boy. How many are there for each house. I would think more than one girl and boy, along with the prefects? :confused: :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    I finished rereading book 1 American version last night. On page 55 Hagrid is telling Harry "Now, yer mum an' dad were as good a witch an' wizard as I ever knew. Head boy an' girl at Howarts in their day!"

So they were head girl and head boy. How many are there for each house. I would think more than one girl and boy, along with the prefects? :confused: :confused:
    Here's my take on it (one of the brits here might want to confirm for me):

There is usually one Prefect for each house (sort of like the head boy or girl of the house) this past year they had two per house (one boy, one girl).
    Then, there is probably usually one head boy/girl (or maybe sometimes a dual role?) for the entire school (above all the prefects)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I just logged in this morning.
    I think I like the English version better. It has a richer voice, if you know what I mean. Now the American version seems boring.

I could buy it and read it too.. No, my hubby can't understand why I have already read them 3 times, seen both movies and heard 1-3 on tape and I am reading them again, plus dicussing them on this forum.

I tried to explain last night that each time you read it, hear it, or discuss it something new shows itself or you think of a new meaning.. HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN AN OBSESSION!!! which it is.. isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Here's my take on it (one of the brits here might want to confirm for me):

There is usually one Prefect for each house (sort of like the head boy or girl of the house) this past year they had two per house (one boy, one girl).
    Then, there is probably usually one head boy/girl (or maybe sometimes a dual role?) for the entire school (above all the prefects)
    Oh, I see. I think. Maybe not. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    That was what I was thinking, about twins not always looking alike. I also hope that Harry confronts Aunt Petunia over the summer about her relationship with his mother and the letter. Dumbledore's not the only keeping things from Harry. I think Petunia is keeping a lot information from Harry and Vernon. I really think Vernon is in for a really rude awakening and I can't wait to see his face turn 10 shades of red/purple.
    uh, i guess this post goes way back (a page, but still!)... but twins not looking alike are definitely possible. They're called fraternal twins It's even possible for twins to be not of the same gender!

ReputationRep:
    No, a squib kniows aboutt he magic world. Look at mrs. fig! she saw the dementors, and filch is a squib, and he works there.

Wonder how petunia really knew about azkaban, i mean it's not likely she would want to even talk about it, yet she mentions it infront of vernan.

In book 5, Petunia said that she heard about azkaban from "him". I think she heard about Azkaban from James when he was talking with Lily.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.