The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
If Sirius doesn't come back, I hope nothing happens's to Lupin because then that would be the end of the Maurader's (that are still on the good side anyway.) I think that would be really hard for Harry too, beacause Lupin is the second person Harry has thought of as a fatherly type, as of they were James's best friends.
Reply 201
The only Maurader who I would like to be killed or at least brought to justice is Wormtail. Maybe he will be brought to justice, Sirius' name would be cleared and he could rest in peace. Harry has already had it tough. He's lost his parents, and the closest other father-figure he had. Lupin is the last hope. If Harry loses him, he will go mental, and I wouldn't blame him. So Lupin had better not die, if at least to maintain Harry's sanity, and to keep the only other father-figure Harry has left.
Reply 202
Maybe Sirius was afraid to die. I mean how would Nearly-Headless-Nick know anyway? He could have been afraid to die because then that would leave Harry mostly by himself.
Reply 203
that seems likely, although.....I think he would fear harry being alone more than dieing itself.
Originally posted by Its_ok
that seems likely, although.....I think he would fear harry being alone more than dieing itself.
i hope harry does not die i think j.k should make an 8th you know like what happens after school.....
Reply 205
Sirius couldn't have been afraid of dying if he joined the order. By joining the order, the members know that there is always the chance that theycould be killed. But maye you are right; maybe he is more afraid of Harry being alone. However, could that be classed as being afraid of dying. I don't think so. Obviously, when you think that you might die, you are afraid that you're family will be left alone without you. If this was the case for being a ghost, then everyone who dies would be made a ghost, as long as they had someone who they cared about.
Reply 206
I guess you're right, because Lilly and James would probably be more afraid to leave Harry since he was just a baby. I just really want Sirius to come back. I just thought of something too. You could end up being a ghost if u r unhappy in life. Moaning Myrtle always had people making fun of her when she was still alive, and Nick had that one guy making fun of him at his death party, and I think it said something about him making fun of him when they were alive too. Proffessor Binns....... maybe he knew people didn't like his class. He's always so mopy when he teaches class.
folks -
More support for the "Neville will kill Vold." club. - as you recall, I suggested that, and people jumped down my throat for it. Be that as it may, you need to check this out, too. Many of you have (rightly, I believe) suggested that the locked room in the Mysteries department will have something to do with the death of VOld. I think you're right; Dumbledore practically says it. But, I just HAVE to pose this question: Why can't HArry open it? As usual, I don't have the book with me, but am I wrong that it's Harry who can't open the door? Hmmmm. . . Now, maybe if NEville had tried to open the door . . . Just saying - you don't have to agree with me - of course - but, well, you know what I think.

PR
Reply 208
The Ministry of Magic and Dumbledore could have a special charm on it also.
Reply 209
Originally posted by Xenon
By the way, anyone else like to read harry potter fanfic?

My mum and my sister are really into it...especially my mum- she's always reading them!
I might have a go over the summer hols as now have more time on me hands...my eyes will probably be ruined after one story but hey!

You may already have this but if not- this is they site they get em off...
http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/
Reply 210
hey PR1...where have u been...i've haven't seen you post in a while...

anyway...i'm glad people are getting back to the neville/harry case...i'm getting a,little tired of theories such as harry getting stabbed in the back....
Reply 211
sorry bout that last remark sean2004..i just read that you might have been getting hack...sorry
Reply 212
Originally posted by Egan1

You may already have this but if not- this is they site they get em off...
http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/

I usually just get the fanfiction from www.fanfiction.com
It's easier to find without having to search for websites. But I'll check out this website too. Fanfiction are good ways to find out other people's ideas of what they think will happen in future books, or what they want to happen.
Who else do you reckon will end up dying before the end of the series? I reckon Dumbledore at the end; maybe one or 2 of the Weasleys, perhaps one of the older kids; d'you reckon Snape will eventually get killed, also one other teacher (maybe McGonnagal if Dumbledore doesn't die). Not that I'm wishing for any of these guys to die!
Also what do you think? Will Harry end up joining the Order of the Phoenix in the next book?
Reply 213
I wonder if Harry is going to be even more rude and mean in the 6th book now that Sirius is gone? It seemed that Sirius calmed down Harry a bit when he talked to him.
Reply 214
If he did, would you blame him? I mean, he's had so many troubles in his life and now he's just lost the closest he had to a father. Mind you I hope he isn't like that cos it could ruin the book with his sulkiness. He might just bottle it all up now, as he has noone to talk to (unless Lupin replaces Sirius). I reckon the next book has to be as dark or darker than book 5, and book 5 was pretty dark.
Reply 215
Hmmm...as much as I hope I am mistaken- I think it would be too much to expect all the weesleys survive... :frown:

Do people think Proff McGonagall will live through the series?
OK, hows this for a thought, It turns out that the prophacy WAS about Neville, but the Voldemort kills Neville, so the prophacy's fulfilled but it still leaves the options open for Harry.

Also a few other questions, How come James was Headboy when he wasn't even a prefect? How come Harry's never asked what his parents did for a living? You'd think he would've asked when they were discussing careers if not earlier. And whose the bar man in the Hogs Head? Harry says he looks familiar when he sees him in book 5 which makes me think we've seen him before, desperately trying to re-read all the books now to find out!
Reply 217
not to jump down your throat or anything..but the one who the prophecy is talking about is the only one who has enough power to defeat the dark lord for good...i have the book right in front of me if u have any questions
Reply 218
Does anyone know if James was a seeker or a chaser, because someone said that Rowling said he was a chaser in an interview. Why would he play with a snitch and have great reflexes(in Snape's memory) if he was a chaser. Plus I remember reading somewhere that he was a seeker too. Does anyone know if it says what he is in the books? I know it says he is a seeker in the movie but someone said it was a mistake.

Just thought I'd ask because there was another disscussion board of Harry Potter and people were arguing about him being a chaser or a seeker and now I want to know what he really is.
Reply 219
James was a seaker I believe

Latest

Trending

Trending