Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    In book 5, Petunia said that she heard about azkaban from "him". I think she heard about Azkaban from James when he was talking with Lily.
    Yes I believe that is made clear

Something like 'I heard that awful boy telling her about them, years ago' and Harry says 'If you mean my parents, why don't you use there names?'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Here's my take on it (one of the brits here might want to confirm for me):

There is usually one Prefect for each house (sort of like the head boy or girl of the house) this past year they had two per house (one boy, one girl).
    Then, there is probably usually one head boy/girl (or maybe sometimes a dual role?) for the entire school (above all the prefects)
    I think there are six prefects per house, 2 5th years, 2 6th years, and 3 7th years. Then, there is only one pair of headboy & girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes I believe that is made clear

Something like 'I heard that awful boy telling her about them, years ago' and Harry says 'If you mean my parents, why don't you use there names?'
    Yes! That's it I was too lazy to get the book and look it up.

ReputationRep:
    Yes! That's it I was too lazy to get the book and look it up.
    :cool: Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    probably not.....he´ll believe him if sees peter and interrogates him with veritaserum......stupid fudge!!

hey!!
    ...yeah that was what I tought...but still that idiote(fudge, who else?:P) as to belive dumbledore...I mean now he knows dumbledore was telling the truht about voldie...can fudge be stupid enought not to belive him agin???

What's the big difrence between english and american version???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    hey!!
    ...yeah that was what I tought...but still that idiote(fudge, who else?:P) as to belive dumbledore...I mean now he knows dumbledore was telling the truht about voldie...can fudge be stupid enought not to belive him agin???

Go back one page. It is mostly words or phrases that mean the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    uh, i guess this post goes way back (a page, but still!)... but twins not looking alike are definitely possible. They're called fraternal twins It's even possible for twins to be not of the same gender!
    still catching up from my afternoon off, but I never said twins COULDN"T look alike- just that no twins in JKs world so far HAVE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    Go back one page. It is mostly words or phrases that mean the same thing.

Ok thank's!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    hey!!
    who knows?.....but there´s no proof of sirius´ innocence.

(Original post by kikas)
    http://www.hp-lexicon.org/help.html#british

ReputationRep:
    We've never really met a sibling who wasn't magical, so its hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure Petunia would have picked up quite a bit by listening to Lily- Colin Creevey had told his little brother all about Hogwarts before he had gotten a letter-

Although twins usually look alike IN THE BOOK, I htink the Petunia/Lily thing might be right- they had kids at the same time and seem to be about the same age, and it would explain alot- if your SISTER got a letter to a magical world and you didn't- wouldn't you be a little peeved? If she's coming home with a magic wand and all sort of tricks that let her do chores/work better and faster, wouldn't you be jealous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    still catching up from my afternoon off, but I never said twins COULDN"T look alike- just that no twins in JKs world so far HAVE

Sorry to repet the question, but I don't belive anyone as already answer!
    Isn't Petuina older than lily??...Is anything written in the books that says that they have the same age???

ReputationRep:
    who knows?.....but there´s no proof of sirius´ innocence.

http://www.hp-lexicon.org/help.html#british

Ohhh...I guet it...thanks!!

yeah, there is no proof...exept peter!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Sorry to repet the question, but I don't belive anyone as already answer!
    Isn't Petuina older than lily??...Is anything written in the books that says that they have the same age???
    we dont know who´s older......it´s not in the books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    We've never really met a sibling who wasn't magical, so its hard to tell, but I'm pretty sure Petunia would have picked up quite a bit by listening to Lily- Colin Creevey had told his little brother all about Hogwarts before he had gotten a letter-

Although twins usually look alike IN THE BOOK, I htink the Petunia/Lily thing might be right- they had kids at the same time and seem to be about the same age, and it would explain alot- if your SISTER got a letter to a magical world and you didn't- wouldn't you be a little peeved? If she's coming home with a magic wand and all sort of tricks that let her do chores/work better and faster, wouldn't you be jealous?

I would be jealous all right...but is jealous the only explanation for her hating her sister?

ReputationRep:
    we dont know who´s older......it´s not in the books
    Then they can't be twins?? right??
    George and Fred have the same age...and they look the same...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Then they can't be twins?? right??
    George and Fred have the same age...and they look the same...
    again, we dont know........they could be...... its just not in the books

ReputationRep:
    I think there are six prefects per house, 2 5th years, 2 6th years, and 3 7th years. Then, there is only one pair of headboy & girl.
    I'm sure that there can't be 24 prefects! That's way too much, even for such a big school. I actually think that Petunia might have a heart after all (or maybe it's just hoping). I also do reckon that she has not told veron anything about what she knows. Just watch him faint or something if Petunia starts explaining.
    I am thinking that Sirius' name might be cleared in either of the next 2 books, by Peter being captured. If it happens in the next book then it'll have more of an impact. Maybe Peter will be able to help save Harry from Voldie, because he would be captured but not killed. But we might be in danger of losing a character like Peter 1 book early.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I'm sure that there can't be 24 prefects! That's way too much, even for such a big school. I actually think that Petunia might have a heart after all (or maybe it's just hoping). I also do reckon that she has not told veron anything about what she knows. Just watch him faint or something if Petunia starts explaining.
    I am thinking that Sirius' name might be cleared in either of the next 2 books, by Peter being captured. If it happens in the next book then it'll have more of an impact. Maybe Peter will be able to help save Harry from Voldie, because he would be captured but not killed. But we might be in danger of losing a character like Peter 1 book early.
    There wouldn't be as many if 7th year was head boy/girl and not prefects.

I'm with you Xenon, I can't wait to read Vernon's reaction

ReputationRep:
    Hey, on my re-reading of PoA earlier this afternoon, i noticed something.

I found my second association of Remus Lupin with Grandfather Clocks. It could just a coincidence... but JKR doesn't write many of those...

Incase you're wondering what references i'm chatting about, in book three, he talks of once seeing a boggart that lodged itself in a grandfather clock, and in book five, they spend the afternoon fixing that old grandfather clock that shoots bolts and nuts at passers by.

I'm a stickler for this stuff... like there's also a theory about popes and emperors relating to HP, has anyone else heard that?

ReputationRep:
    I've heard of the emporer connection- its actually pretty convincing- but never popes

Thats too many prefects- I thought there were two from each house 5th,6th year, than head boy and girl for the whole school 7th year-

I think jealousy is a strong reason to hate someone in the books- its the only reason we are given for Lily/Petunia AND for Snape/James- I'd guess it has a little something to do with Malfoy/Ron as well-

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.