Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I've heard of the emporer connection- its actually pretty convincing- but never popes

Thats too many prefects- I thought there were two from each house 5th,6th year, than head boy and girl for the whole school 7th year-

I think jealousy is a strong reason to hate someone in the books- its the only reason we are given for Lily/Petunia AND for Snape/James- I'd guess it has a little something to do with Malfoy/Ron as well-

That's what I meant about prefects and head boy/girl. Thanks for explaining it better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I've heard of the emporer connection- its actually pretty convincing- but never popes
    weeell, once, there was a Pope Cornelius. Guess who succeeded him? Only Pope Lucius. And then, if you bring in the emperor theory... who killed Emperor Lucius? Arthur. *grins* Ah, now this is the stuff that i love.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Amy*)
    weeell, once, there was a Pope Cornelius. Guess who succeeded him? Only Pope Lucius. And then, if you bring in the emperor theory... who killed Emperor Lucius? Arthur. *grins* Ah, now this is the stuff that i love.

loooool
    It would be nice if lucius was defeated by Arthur!!!But for that he has to escape from askaban...with I guess it wont be too hard, once the dementors are on voldies side, right?

I've seen how the dementors will look like in film 3...they are creepy!!!
    and sceay...lol....huglyer than I imagin...I have a picture but I don't know how to "show it"...how to put in the site...oh, well!

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, thats the way i think we're heading, especially with Fudge being such a blundering fool!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Lilly and James were head boy and girl I think...not sure if Hagrid says that as some point- something like they were good people 'Head boy and girl in there day' or to that effect.

And were you asking earlier whether Sirius' name was cleared before he died? No, it wasn't. Apart from the members of the Order, and of course the deatheaters and a few students, everyone, perhaps with the exception of those who believed Sirius to be an alias of Stubby Boardman *chuckles* still thought him to be a mass murderer.
    Then lily could not have been in Gryfinndor right? Becuase i dont think the headboy and girl are from the same house i dunno tho

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that the head boy and head girl are 2 people chosen out of the whole of the 7th year. If Lily and James were the best 2 candidates, regardless of whether or not they were from the same house.

Arthur Weasley for Minister of Magic!

ReputationRep:
    Good-bye for today. Now to go home and really work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Amy*)
    That's very interesting...blimey- I wonder how much research JK did before she wrote the books!

(Original post by Xenon)
    Arthur Weasley for Minister of Magic!
    That just reminded me actually...in book five Ron says something like 'We've got about as much chance of winning the quidditch cup as Dad's got of becoming minister of magic' ...and who won the cup? They did. A foreshadowing, or am I just looking too much into it

ReputationRep:
    Incase you're wondering what references i'm chatting about, in book three, he talks of once seeing a boggart that lodged itself in a grandfather clock, and in book five, they spend the afternoon fixing that old grandfather clock that shoots bolts and nuts at passers by.

I'm a stickler for this stuff... like there's also a theory about popes and emperors relating to HP, has anyone else heard that?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I agree that grandfather clocks and lupin have something to do with each other! grandfather cloaks are something out of the ordinary (there getting more and more rare) also grandfathers I dont kno if urs is a bit "funni" mine is (he sometimes walks around the house muttering madly about the "enemy "japs" (he was a soldier during WW2, these clocks act funni to! as for lupin, hes definatly out of the ordinary, I mean how many werewolfs have we met? 2 ( the one in the hospital is counted! )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That's very interesting...blimey- I wonder how much research JK did before she wrote the books!

That just reminded me actually...in book five Ron says something like 'We've got about as much chance of winning the quidditch cup as Dad's got of becoming minister of magic' ...and who won the cup? They did. A foreshadowing, or am I just looking too much into it
    Hey, decided to log on at home.

Do you think Mr. Weasley would want the job. It would take him away from Muggles. Though it would give the Weasley's more money. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    Incase you're wondering what references i'm chatting about, in book three, he talks of once seeing a boggart that lodged itself in a grandfather clock, and in book five, they spend the afternoon fixing that old grandfather clock that shoots bolts and nuts at passers by.

I'm a stickler for this stuff... like there's also a theory about popes and emperors relating to HP, has anyone else heard that?
    Yes, I agree that grandfather clocks and lupin have something to do with each other! grandfather cloaks are something out of the ordinary (there getting more and more rare) also grandfathers I dont kno if urs is a bit "funni" mine is (he sometimes walks around the house muttering madly about the "enemy "japs" (he was a soldier during WW2, these clocks act funni to! as for lupin, hes definatly out of the ordinary, I mean how many werewolfs have we met? 2 ( the one in the hospital is counted! )[/QUOTE]
    [list]
    [

/list]I can't remember but wasn't there something in book 5 about a Slytherin getting shut-up inside of a grandfather clock and it taking awhile to find him. A Quiddith player??? I will look it up. Be right back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    Yes, I agree that grandfather clocks and lupin have something to do with each other! grandfather cloaks are something out of the ordinary (there getting more and more rare) also grandfathers I dont kno if urs is a bit "funni" mine is (he sometimes walks around the house muttering madly about the "enemy "japs" (he was a soldier during WW2, these clocks act funni to! as for lupin, hes definatly out of the ordinary, I mean how many werewolfs have we met? 2 ( the one in the hospital is counted! )
    [list]
    [

/list]I can't remember but wasn't there something in book 5 about a Slytherin getting shut-up inside of a grandfather clock and it taking awhile to find him. A Quiddith player??? I will look it up. Be right back.[/QUOTE]

Nope that was a vanishing cabinet and he turned up lodged inside of a toilet.

ReputationRep:
    [list]
    [

/list]I can't remember but wasn't there something in book 5 about a Slytherin getting shut-up inside of a grandfather clock and it taking awhile to find him. A Quiddith player??? I will look it up. Be right back.

Nope that was a vanishing cabinet and he turned up lodged inside of a toilet.[/QUOTE]

your identity says VA as location, would that happen to be Virginia?
    if so, can you tell me who that state is named after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    Nope that was a vanishing cabinet and he turned up lodged inside of a toilet.
    if so, can you tell me who that state is named after?[/QUOTE]

A Queen of England

ReputationRep:
    In 1584 Queen Elizabeth I of England gave Sir Walter Ralegh permission to establish colonies in the New World. Gallantly, Ralegh named the area for the Virgin Queen. Thus, Virginia.

ReputationRep:
    Well I have to go for awhile I have to watch SURVIVOR my other vise.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, decided to log on at home.

Do you think Mr. Weasley would want the job. It would take him away from Muggles. Though it would give the Weasley's more money. :confused:
    About Mr. Weasley. Remember at the end of book four, Mrs. Weasley told Dumbledore that the only reason Mr. Weasley is not further up in the ministry is because of his liking muggles. So, I have a feeling that Mr. Weasley might have some political saavy that we're just not seeing yet.

ReputationRep:
    if so, can you tell me who that state is named after?
    where in Virginia do u live? what part? i have a aunt and uncle who live in VA.

ReputationRep:
    i am starting to read that lexicon site. i thought that the differences between the British and American versions of the book would be more different. instead it is just little phrases that are different. now i want to buy a English version of the books just because i think it would be awesome to have them. i just dont know how to get them.

sorry to talk about stupid stuff right now. i am trying to get my avator to work. if it doesnt work will someone please tell me how to get one? thanks ö¿ö

ReputationRep:
    New York Yankees beat the Boston Red Sox. WHOO-HOO!!! sorry im really happy cuz i wanted NY to win. now they get to play in the World Series. anyways the game just ended and luckily for me i dont have school tomarrow. 3 day weekend baby! but im tired and need to get to bed.

just thought i would let u SiriusFan know cuz he seems to be a baseball fan. goodnight!

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.