Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Then lily could not have been in Gryfinndor right? Becuase i dont think the headboy and girl are from the same house i dunno tho
    I don't think there's anything wrong with having the head boy and girl from the same house. Maybe it just proves that Lily and James are definitely better than the others... or they're just Dumbledore's favorites. Heehee. Or maybe Dumbledore really wanted them to be together or something that's why he made them head boy and girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That's very interesting...blimey- I wonder how much research JK did before she wrote the books!

That just reminded me actually...in book five Ron says something like 'We've got about as much chance of winning the quidditch cup as Dad's got of becoming minister of magic' ...and who won the cup? They did. A foreshadowing, or am I just looking too much into it
    I have reason to believe that JK spent an awful lot of time for research before she wrote the books. I read somewhere on the internet where the names of the characters and some places came from... and most of them really makes sense. It couldn't have been a coincidence. I think it's in mugglenet.com.

Did they win the cup? I thought they just one a game. But if they did, I think that is a foreshadowing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Amy*)
    weeell, once, there was a Pope Cornelius. Guess who succeeded him? Only Pope Lucius. And then, if you bring in the emperor theory... who killed Emperor Lucius? Arthur. *grins* Ah, now this is the stuff that i love.
    Ehehe... I like this one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    now i want to buy a English version of the books just because i think it would be awesome to have them. i just dont know how to get them.
    Try Amazon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    Hey, decided to log on at home.

Do you think Mr. Weasley would want the job. It would take him away from Muggles. Though it would give the Weasley's more money. :confused:

hey!

I think we all prefer Arthur than Fudge...right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That's very interesting...blimey- I wonder how much research JK did before she wrote the books!

That just reminded me actually...in book five Ron says something like 'We've got about as much chance of winning the quidditch cup as Dad's got of becoming minister of magic' ...and who won the cup? They did. A foreshadowing, or am I just looking too much into it
    JKR has put alot of work into her books, there are mythological links, Arthurian links and generally ancient links to many plots and theories that could or could not be true. if you go to The Harry Potter Lexicon you can find loads of them. It can be quite disheartening, though -i thought i found the Arthurian link all by myself and then my supposed best friend on the internet burst my bubble. But it is interesting, and the Lexicon has giant lists of everything. Do a google and find the address -keeps me busy for hours.

And i still want to know about Lupin and the grandfather clocks, dammit!

and, FORESHADOWING! YEAH BABY!

ReputationRep:
    Hey...I've just came back for classes- no more today!!!

Good, I never realised how many time she spent on the book!!
    You said that she took a lot a time just to do the research...woh...!!!

I realy wanted arthur to be the "president" of the misetry of magic but I don't think he will accep the job..he is a simple man...I just don't think so...biut they do need the money!

ReputationRep:
    I don't remenber any grandfather clok...so I don't know what youare tlaking about...I read the book 3 a while ago...probably one year ago...but maybe I will read it for the 3 time...just to remenber, it was my 2ºfavourite book from the four...now it's the order of the phoenix...the 1º of course it was the 1º...loooool!!!

ps- I'm not going to be able to post here this weekend...I'm going to out!!!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me how to put an avatar???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    I don't remenber any grandfather clok...so I don't know what youare tlaking about...I read the book 3 a while ago...probably one year ago...but maybe I will read it for the 3 time...just to remenber, it was my 2ºfavourite book from the four...now it's the order of the phoenix...the 1º of course it was the 1º...loooool!!!

ps- I'm not going to be able to post here this weekend...I'm going to out!!!
    Oh, its just i noticed two references of Remus with Grandfather clocks. One in Hp3 and another in Hp5, i just want to know if it means anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Amy*)
    Oh, its just i noticed two references of Remus with Grandfather clocks. One in Hp3 and another in Hp5, i just want to know if it means anything.

ok...thank's! Maybe it does mean something...I under what!
    In the bening of every book harrys founds out things, that by the end of the book it becames realy important!
    Maybe that grandfathers colk, is something like that!(if you know what I mean).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Can anyone tell me how to put an avatar???
    Go to the 'user cp' button at the top right of the page. Then there is another button with 'Avatar' on it- click that then you can choose to either- Upload one from your computer- probably best idea-choose something original, Give a link to one- don't direct link from a site because you'll steel there bandwidth- unless you've uploaded it to your own or someone has said you can host it on their site (Ollie did mine for me and has got it up on his and Kates site) or you can choose from the small selection d has put up...if you do that however, it is likely you'll have the same one as many other people- which confuses things me thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    where in Virginia do u live? what part? i have a aunt and uncle who live in VA.

Near Harrisonburg, It is about 2 hours away from Washington D.C. Where are you from in Maryland. My Dad lives near Port Republic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Go to the 'user cp' button at the top right of the page. Then there is another button with 'Avatar' on it- click that then you can choose to either- Upload one from your computer- probably best idea-choose something original, Give a link to one- don't direct link from a site because you'll steel there bandwidth- unless you've uploaded it to your own or someone has said you can host it on their site (Ollie did mine for me and has got it up on his and Kates site) or you can choose from the small selection d has put up...if you do that however, it is likely you'll have the same one as many other people- which confuses things me thinks.

Hey thank's...!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Hey thank's...!!

Just a question..once you "browse" an pic from the computer where do I clik??? submit modifications??
    lol...sorry It's just I tryed but I still don't have an avatar!
    soory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Just a question..once you "browse" an pic from the computer where do I clik??? submit modifications??
    lol...sorry It's just I tryed but I still don't have an avatar!
    soory
    Ok first make sure the pic is under 50x50 pixels because that's the maximum size you're allowed...
    And then yep, after the file is up in the little browse box submit modifications and hopefully it'll work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Ok first make sure the pic is under 50x50 pixels because that's the maximum size you're allowed...
    And then yep, after the file is up in the little browse box submit modifications and hopefully it'll work.

Thank's for your help!!
    If I don't make it...it's because computers and me don't work out!!!Lol
    thank's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Thank's for your help!!
    If I don't make it...it's because computers and me don't work out!!!Lol
    thank's

Nah! Thinking about it...I'm sure you can upload your own but there have been problems in the past...hmmm...

Ah well...

---

Back to HP...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)

Nah! Thinking about it...I'm sure you can upload your own but there have been problems in the past...hmmm...

Ah well...

---

Back to HP...

ok!!
    Have to go know! I'm out for the weekend buy monday I will post again.

kisses to everyone*****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    ok!!
    Have to go know! I'm out for the weekend buy monday I will post again.

kisses to everyone*****
    Enjoy!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.