Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if the grandfather clocks are much- its only two references in thousands of pages- its not like socks (see the lexicon for full theorizing)

head boy and girl can be from the same or different houses- and we know Lily was in Gryffindor, JK said so in and interview (see Lexicon as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Did they win the cup? I thought they just one a game. But if they did, I think that is a foreshadowing
    Yup, Gryffindor did win the cup. I think they had to beat slytherin or something. Harry and Hermione missed the match and came back to chants of "Weasly is our king". Harry thought, oh not again, but it had turned out that Gryffindor had won!
    Would love it to be a foreshadowing, as would love Arthur Weasly to be minister. Though Arthur does his job because he loves it, and I dunno if he'd just change job for money. He might do it if it was to help out the order.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yup, Gryffindor did win the cup. I think they had to beat slytherin or something. Harry and Hermione missed the match and came back to chants of "Weasly is our king". Harry thought, oh not again, but it had turned out that Gryffindor had won!
    Would love it to be a foreshadowing, as would love Arthur Weasly to be minister. Though Arthur does his job because he loves it, and I dunno if he'd just change job for money. He might do it if it was to help out the order.
    i agree.
    a lot of ron´s predictions come true, so it could happen. whenever he´s in divination he jokes about stuff and almost always the prediction turn aout to be accurate like in book 3 during their first divination class, ron said that harry was going to have TRIALS and suffering. he also said harry was going to get unexpected gold.

ReputationRep:
    Thats true- Ron does accidentally say the future alot, but I think thats just cause he's so sarcastic- he's always saying things aren't going to happen or making stuff up- I'm not sure he's actually telling the future-
    if I remember correctly he predicted both their deaths a million times in Divination- and SOMEONE has to live-

I wonder if a wizard can have his powers stripped?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    Thats true- Ron does accidentally say the future alot, but I think thats just cause he's so sarcastic- he's always saying things aren't going to happen or making stuff up- I'm not sure he's actually telling the future-
    if I remember correctly he predicted both their deaths a million times in Divination- and SOMEONE has to live-
    true....they´re probably just clues for us.

you know? i read a fanfiction about something like that, it was called the "dementors touch". in the fic hermione was touched by a dementor and she was left powerless.....

ReputationRep:
    I dont know if the grandfather clocks are much- its only two references in thousands of pages- its not like socks (see the lexicon for full theorizing)

head boy and girl can be from the same or different houses- and we know Lily was in Gryffindor, JK said so in and interview (see Lexicon as well)
    I never expected them to be detrimental to the plot, just Remus' character, because he's one of my three favourites in the series.

And Ron... who knows. I think we might have another Samwise Gamgee on our hands.

ReputationRep:
    god everyone who reads harry potter should be put in a ghetto. with lions. which have rabies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    god everyone who reads harry potter should be put in a ghetto. with lions. which have rabies.
    THANK GOODNESS NO ONE ASKED FOR YOUR OPINION!! Find someother site to inflict your views on.
    :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    Well, if we were dealt with in that way, whom would you hate? This is a thread for those who like it, mate, and if you don't, you don't have to read it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Amy*)
    Well, if we were dealt with in that way, whom would you hate? This is a thread for those who like it, mate, and if you don't, you don't have to read it.
    hehe like id read 112 pages of this! anyway u freaks 2 ur own, im off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    hehe like id read 112 pages of this! anyway u freaks 2 ur own, im off
    Farewell, don't come back soon, and we may be what you consider freaks, but at least we're polite.

ReputationRep:
    Now back to a more pleasant conversation.

The suggestion of Ron maybe having a little seer in him is worth considering. He has made quiet a few predictions, even when you look at them in jest. What does anyone else think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)

The suggestion of Ron maybe having a little seer in him is worth considering. He has made quiet a few predictions, even when you look at them in jest. What does anyone else think?
    I just know that he's my bubs. *hugs Ron*

*looks shiftily around then runs away with Ron*

I think he's going to play a very big part. We already know he's the thing that Harry will miss most in the world... maybe Voldemort will use that... we can't rule out kidnap, i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Amy*)
    I just know that he's my bubs. *hugs Ron*

*looks shiftily around then runs away with Ron*

I think he's going to play a very big part. We already know he's the thing that Harry will miss most in the world... maybe Voldemort will use that... we can't rule out kidnap, i suppose.
    I can see Voldie taking Ron, Hermy or even Mrs. Weasley, to get Harry to face him. I think that is why Dumbledore is trying to keep Harry at a distance. He doesn't want Harry to have to choose Dumbledore over someone else or, have Voldie to use Harry against him. I think Dumbledore would level buildings for Harry and if Voldie knew that he would use it.

What if that is how someone dies in book 6. Voldie takes Ron and Hermione and makes Harry choose only one to save. Awful thought.

ReputationRep:
    Near Harrisonburg, It is about 2 hours away from Washington D.C. Where are you from in Maryland. My Dad lives near Port Republic.
    My aunt and uncle live near Norfolk. I am about 2 hours away from Washington D.C. too. Kinda near Ocean City.

ReputationRep:
    I can see Voldie taking Ron, Hermy or even Mrs. Weasley, to get Harry to face him. I think that is why Dumbledore is trying to keep Harry at a distance. He doesn't want Harry to have to choose Dumbledore over someone else or, have Voldie to use Harry against him. I think Dumbledore would level buildings for Harry and if Voldie knew that he would use it.

What if that is how someone dies in book 6. Voldie takes Ron and Hermione and makes Harry choose only one to save. Awful thought.
    If Ron dies... gah... well, i advise everyone not to come near me for a week. Maybe two, depending on whether it was violent or not.

That would be an awful decision for Harry to have to make though, a thought that had not previously crossed my mind *fear*

ReputationRep:

yea. u know how we were saying that DADA is harry's thing? well maybe divination will turn out to be ron's thing.

ReputationRep:
    Well, a wizard could have his or her wand snapped in half if arrested and convicted, like Hagrid. That would strip them of their power unless they can do wandless magic. That reminds me, has J K Rowling ever said that you could do wandless magic after going to Hogwarts. I hope that you can, and that we're not just assuming it.
    About Ron or someone close to Harry getting kidnapped, I wouldn't like that to happpen. It would just convince Harry that if he gets too close to people then Voldie would hurt them. This might make Harry disatnce himself from those who love him.

ReputationRep:

wut predictions, currently I cant think of any! help?

oh yes, and if you ever want to go home frm school sick, drink hot water b4 u go to the nurses, brings ur tempature right up! im home sick, but i really am sick *coughs*

ReputationRep:

i dont think that Harry would ever be able to choose if that happened. its just the kind of person he is. he would be able to think of some way to get them out so that ron and hermione would not be hurt. at least i hope so.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.