Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    yea. u know how we were saying that DADA is harry's thing? well maybe divination will turn out to be ron's thing.
    I really am not sure about divination being Ron's thing. I mean how many stupid predictions did he make which were not true at all? Many of hispredictions were codswallop. But, you know what I might believe it if he somehow gets a high mark in divination OWLS or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    wut predictions, currently I cant think of any! help?

oh yes, and if you ever want to go home frm school sick, drink hot water b4 u go to the nurses, brings ur tempature right up! im home sick, but i really am sick *coughs*
    i think they are talking about the predictions that ron made especially in the third book. u know, when he and harry always make up stuff so that they can finish their homework faster.

or if you wanted to leave school early u could ask to go to the bathroom and then run hot water over the thermometer. i know someone who did that once. oooo thats bad tho. i dont have school today so i am able to post today. whoo-hoo!!!

ReputationRep:
    i think they are talking about the predictions that ron made especially in the third book. u know, when he and harry always make up stuff so that they can finish their homework faster.

or if you wanted to leave school early u could ask to go to the bathroom and then run hot water over the thermometer. i know someone who did that once. oooo thats bad tho. i dont have school today so i am able to post today. whoo-hoo!!!
    that doesnt work at my school the nurses wont let you anywhere with their precious thermometer in ur mouth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I really am not sure about divination being Ron's thing. I mean how many stupid predictions did he make which were not true at all? Many of hispredictions were codswallop. But, you know what I might believe it if he somehow gets a high mark in divination OWLS or something.
    oooo i never thought of his OWLS grade. now i really want to know what he received. did it say anything about how he thought he did in the divination test in book 5?

ReputationRep:
    oooo i never thought of his OWLS grade. now i really want to know what he received. did it say anything about how he thought he did in the divination test in book 5?
    i dunno! but *hacks* hermione seemed to offer quite a bit of information!

ReputationRep:
    I think if he tried to make Harry choose, Harry would figure out some sort of smart way around it- like choosing himself- they've made so much on the "Harry must be the hero" thing, it seems like the ultimate sacrifice is coming up-

I also read fanfic w/ Harry and Ron coming out of the closet- I don't put much stock in those...

You can do magic after your wand is snapped- Hagrid does with the pieces all the time- I was wondering if there was some sort of spell that could make a wizard a muggle- Malfoy once said that if Arthur Weasley loved Muggles so much, he should be turned out and made to live as one of them- which made me wonder if you can really DO that- I'd like to see half the baddies stripped of their powers-

ReputationRep:
    i dunno! but *hacks* hermione seemed to offer quite a bit of information!
    hmmm....now im gonna go look up when they were taking their tests in the book. *rumages around for book 5*

ReputationRep:

It would be pretty funny if you were in such a rush that you forget to check how high you actually made the temperature in the thermometer. Then you go to the nurse and the nurse wonders how on earth you got such an abnormally high temp. (Might not be so funny if it all gets out f hand).
    Onto the subject, Harry often thinks with his heart rather than his brain, so chances are that he'd probably try and save the person (say Ron) by himself, so as not to put anyone else in danger. But then he'll realise that he probably did need some backup to help him.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm....now im gonna go look up when they were taking their tests in the book. *rumages around for book 5*
    I feel your rummaging pain! my room is sooo messy *looks around guiltily and shoves dirty clothes into a closet!*

ReputationRep:
    btw YAY YANKEES! Sorry- needed to let that out

another way to raise your temp- but a little risky- used to do it when in elementary school, but my mother was a nurse so I had to wait until I knew it would be my dad picking me up- just breathe in an out really fast- kind of making yourself hyperventilate- you get all sweaty and hot but your hands and feet get clammy and cold- just dont get caught! You might pass out, but actually that's all the better if you REALLY need to get out of class

ReputationRep:
    I remember the tests! Ron said he just saw a load of soggy stuff, so he made some things up but doesn't think Trewlawny bought it- then again- we know shes not the best judge on the future....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    I remember the tests! Ron said he just saw a load of soggy stuff, so he made some things up but doesn't think Trewlawny bought it- then again- we know shes not the best judge on the future....
    well he saw something !

ReputationRep:
    This is kinda a bit random but i thought i'd post it anyway! my mum runsa a brownie pack and they gone on a little camp thing + they have a theme... and it's harry potter! it's so cool, they're making unicorns + ghosts and things + making up spells + it's so cute... oh yeah, me + my friend are going tomorrow to help + we're winky (me) + dobby (her) [all the helpers have names].... it's so cute

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    btw YAY YANKEES! Sorry- needed to let that out
    yay! i was glad that they won last night. i was cheering them on. i stayed up and watched the game. they went up to 11 innings (i think...i was tired so i dont really remember)

anyways back to HP. im still trying to see if ron talks about how he did in the divination test. *flips through chapters trying to find it*

ReputationRep:
    well he saw something !
    yeah but I think the exact quote was "load of soggy brown stuff"- whats going to happen next? Harry Potter and the stopped up toilet?

ReputationRep:
    yay! i was glad that they won last night. i was cheering them on. i stayed up and watched the game. they went up to 11 innings (i think...i was tired so i dont really remember)

anyways back to HP. im still trying to see if ron talks about how he did in the divination test. *flips through chapters trying to find it*
    I think this forum is being colonied by Americans, which is quite ironic really...

ReputationRep:
    I feel your rummaging pain! my room is sooo messy *looks around guiltily and shoves dirty clothes into a closet!*
    You are really starting to worry me. Are you sure your not one my children playing hookie. If you are GO BACK TO SCHOOL (just kidding).

ReputationRep:
    now if JK REALLY wanted to work in local myths, she could work the "Curse of the Bambino" in somehow.....

ReputationRep:
    ohh ok i think i do remember that now. thanks Brooklyn. it was really bugging me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    You are really starting to worry me. Are you sure your not one my children playing hookie. If you are GO BACK TO SCHOOL (just kidding).
    I'm not playong hookie, and ur old if you have kids! i have the stomach flu thank you very much!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.