Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    the thermometer and light doesnt work, its to hot!
    All I can do is shake my head.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    All I can do is shake my head.
    why, are you amazed at the many ways to become *sick*, yes we children are ingenious with stuff like this, we trade secrets in an only 18 and under handbook, and then are brain washed to believe it never existed when we turn 18!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Where do u reckon that Lily and James were buried? It could be in Godric's Hollow. I hope that J K Rowling takes us to see that place, maybe to see Harry's parents' graves.
    yea i hope so. maybe seeing his parents graves would calm him down a little bit. i dunno how but it could work.

hey i just realized! im a full member now! before i was a junior member. yay!

ReputationRep:
    why, are you amazed at the many ways to become *sick*, yes we children are ingenious with stuff like this, we trade secrets in an only 18 and under handbook, and then are brain washed to believe it never existed when we turn 18!
    haha *chuckles*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    yea i hope so. maybe seeing his parents graves would calm him down a little bit. i dunno how but it could work.

Only another 34 posts left for you to become a respected member then!

ReputationRep:

GOOD JOB

ReputationRep:
    At what age do I need to start interagating my children??

Back to Harry. I too would like for Harry to get somemore information about his parents. What does everyone else want to know, besides what they did for a living. I would like to know more about his mother, we have already found somethings out about his dad.

ReputationRep:

Back to Harry. I too would like for Harry to get somemore information about his parents. What does everyone else want to know, besides what they did for a living. I would like to know more about his mother, we have already found somethings out about his dad.
    Well, how they fell in love, especially after what we saw in the pensieve. What their parents were like; how old they were when they died...
    Oh yeah and would love to find out about the different pranks which the Mauraders played at school. Maybe Lupin can inform us on this.

ReputationRep:

how old are you? its disturbing to think I have an adult prying in2 my thoughts GO AWAY GO AWAY!

yes I want to see grodics hollow- you kno they have a adult harry potter forum on the lexicon- hang out there!

ReputationRep:
    how old are you? its disturbing to think I have an adult prying in2 my thoughts GO AWAY GO AWAY!

yes I want to see grodics hollow- you kno they have a adult harry potter forum on the lexicon- hang out there!
    u just cant tell people to go away because they are older than u. i find it quite interesting. i guess that we are all different ages. i kinda figured that everyone here was around my age but i guess i was wrong.

i too want to know how james and lily fell in love. i dont think jk would write much about it though unless it has to do with the main plot of the story somehow, besides the fact that they were harry's parents etc.

ReputationRep:
    put chalk under your tongue and keep it there for a few minutes, you´ll get a fever........it works, my best friend used to do it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    btw YAY YANKEES! Sorry- needed to let that out

another way to raise your temp- but a little risky- used to do it when in elementary school, but my mother was a nurse so I had to wait until I knew it would be my dad picking me up- just breathe in an out really fast- kind of making yourself hyperventilate- you get all sweaty and hot but your hands and feet get clammy and cold- just dont get caught! You might pass out, but actually that's all the better if you REALLY need to get out of class
    When I was in school, I used to get out of having to go all together. Basically, I'd get up, make sure one of my parents was already up. Walk around looking sick for about five minutes, then go into the bathroom, quietly fill up a few cups of water, make vomiting sounds and dump the water quickly into the toilet. Of course, I could only use this once or twice a term, but it got me out of a few "late papers".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    When I was in school, I used to get out of having to go all together. Basically, I'd get up, make sure one of my parents was already up. Walk around looking sick for about five minutes, then go into the bathroom, quietly fill up a few cups of water, make vomiting sounds and dump the water quickly into the toilet. Of course, I could only use this once or twice a term, but it got me out of a few "late papers".
    my mom wouldn't fall for that_____i prefer to be at school so that they can't SEE how sick you are b4 they pick you up...ya kno wut I mean? and once they're there there is no debate over whether you should go home or not.

ReputationRep:
    u just cant tell people to go away because they are older than u. i find it quite interesting. i guess that we are all different ages. i kinda figured that everyone here was around my age but i guess i was wrong.

i too want to know how james and lily fell in love. i dont think jk would write much about it though unless it has to do with the main plot of the story somehow, besides the fact that they were harry's parents etc.
    how old are you? i just figure; parent equals bad!

ReputationRep:
    Uh guys!
    Back to the original subject of Harry Potter please!

ReputationRep:
    how old are you? i just figure; parent equals bad!
    im 14. almost 15 (wish my b-day would come sooner).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Are there still some crazy people in the US who want to kill J K Rowling for preaching the evil ways of the coven to their cherished offspring?
    You know, that's part of the reason that I started reading HP. It was about the time that book four came out. I lived in Colorado Springs, Colorado (the headquarters of all of the right wing christian wackos). I say wackos because there's a difference between people who have morals and values nad people who force their's upon you. The right wing christian wackos were that type. I have a problem with all wackos, extreme liberals and extreme conservatives alike. Anyhow, back to my story, When book four came out, there was an uproar by the extreme religious right in colorado springs, they were calling into all of the talk shows, being reported on television, having protests, burning books, sending emails, all kinds of wacko stuff. So they got me wondering. I though, "gee, maybe I should check these books out, if all these kids are reading them, and they're that bad, maybe I should read them so I can make an informed decision". Turned out that most of the people who protested the books had never even read the jacket let alone one of the books in full. They just heard that they were about witchcraft and whatnot, so they went nuts. So, I read all four books, loved them, bought them all in hardcover so I could keep them for when i have kids. Then I started going to the protests to make fun of the wackos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    We have amusingly crazy people. You have just crazy people.
    Yeah, you make a very good point there. Look at Monty Python for example! Americans know nothing about amuzingly crazy people.

ReputationRep:
    i said this a while back but i dont think anyone replied so here i go again:

there was one part where harry, ron, and hermione go to visit hagrid (when he comes back from his mission). they are asking about where he went etc. then umbridge comes and harry, ron, and hermione hide under the invisibility cloak while umbridge says something like: "did i hear u talking to somebody Hagrid?" and then Hagrid says "i was just talking to Fang." then umbridge is like "ohh really?" and then Hagrid goes "yeah. its as if Fang is almost human sometimes."
    so....maybe there is more to Fang than we are told. i know that Hagrid said that so that umbridge wouldn't find out who he was really talking to, but it still makes me wonder. could this be some foreshadowing?

i know it probably isnt anything but i found it kinda interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Uh guys!
    Back to the original subject of Harry Potter please!
    soRRY

im fourteen
    i luv book five, but I'm growing faster than harry! it makes me sad!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.