Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    i was against action in iraq, but i have said i am sorry, what more do u want?
    maybe if you tap your two feet together three times, Mr Blamps will stop? Then again, maybe not.

ReputationRep:
    Enough.

Please desist this pointless bickering and slander. I'm sure you are for some reason enjoying your little escapade but you have now created an area in which to vent your anti-HP feelings and I'm sure you can continue this conversation there, where I'm sure other people of similar thinking will see the thread-title and join you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blamps)
    swearing has more point to it than reading and chatting about HP
    So much point infact, that as soon as a mod joins us, the offending words will be blanked out or deleted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    So much point infact, that as soon as a mod joins us, the offending words will be blanked out or deleted.
    I reckon that the entire argument could be deleted,as there was no point to it. And if anyone has to apologise, it definitely is NOT SiriusFan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I reckon that the entire argument could be deleted,as there was no point to it. And if anyone has to apologise, it definitely is NOT SiriusFan!
    Yes, I was going to suggest it would either be deleted, or the past few pages could be merged with their Harry-Hate page.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes, I was going to suggest it would either be deleted, or the past few pages could be merged with their Harry-Hate page.
    Nope, I reckon that the Harryhate page could be deleted as well due to the amount of swearing which is in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Hurrah! Expression is on...
    Yup, watch the number of pages probably go down a lot. I don't care if there is an anti-potter thread, as log as it sticks by the rules. e.g. not swearing!

ReputationRep:
    he's left now
    now he's back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yup, watch the number of pages probably go down a lot. I don't care if there is an anti-potter thread, as log as it sticks by the rules. e.g. not swearing!
    oooo tell tale tit no swearing girlies

ReputationRep:
    yup expression has gone

ReputationRep:
    I suggest u read the rules of the learning forum Blamps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I suggest u read the rules of the learning forum Blamps!
    Maybe

ReputationRep:
    Right well, thanks to Expression for clearing up that little erm...mess.

---

Now, back to HP me thinks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Right well, thanks to Expression for clearing up that little erm...mess.

---

Now, back to HP me thinks...
    Hey guys, sorry about all my posts earlier, i was defending our thread from three anti harry fans who swearing at me. I tried to make it better, but i guess i made it worse, as we now have an anti harry thread. Jeez we had WW3 going on here for a couple hours!

Anyway, i am wondering what that person meant when relating lupin to clocks. I find that intreging, but am lost as 2 what it could mean. Any ideas?

P.S there is still some of the argument on page 117

ReputationRep:
    hey ollie, i was just wondering if sometime could u find me some cool avatar like a pheonix or something?

ReputationRep:
    WOW! I have to say that I'm a little disturbed by what's gone on in the past six or so hours since I was last on. Has everyone noticed the anti-harry group is obsessed with violence and attack? I agree with Egan, SF, and Xenon, if you want to talk about how much you hate the books, stick to your own thread. If you want to discuss harry or find out what's so great about the books, come here. If we want to find out why you hate them, we'll ask. Otherwise, stay out. To all the regular users, I have some experience myself as a discussion board mod and would be more than happy to set up a private thread accessible by invite only if this keeps up. I like what the regulars on this board have to say, and would hate to lose it, but am really getting tired of the intellectually challenged who are obsessed with ruining this thread getting on.

Peter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    WOW! I have to say that I'm a little disturbed by what's gone on in the past six or so hours since I was last on. Has everyone noticed the anti-harry group is obsessed with violence and attack? I agree with Egan, SF, and Xenon, if you want to talk about how much you hate the books, stick to your own thread. If you want to discuss harry or find out what's so great about the books, come here. If we want to find out why you hate them, we'll ask. Otherwise, stay out. To all the regular users, I have some experience myself as a discussion board mod and would be more than happy to set up a private thread accessible by invite only if this keeps up. I like what the regulars on this board have to say, and would hate to lose it, but am really getting tired of the intellectually challenged who are obsessed with ruining this thread getting on.

Peter
    thats a good idea if this keeps up. U r lucky u were not on, for a while it was me against three of them, then curryADD came, then egan came 2. It was pretty ugly for a while.

ReputationRep:
    thats a good idea if this keeps up. U r lucky u were not on, for a while it was me against three of them, then curryADD came, then egan came 2. It was pretty ugly for a while.
    Yeah! and if that happens, don't forget to send me an invite... hehe.

I feel pretty bad about that argument you hade with those HP-haters. Seriously, I wasn't able to read all of them (I think most of them were deleted), but I see that they were really annoying. But SF stood up to them!!! Yay!!! HP hero!!!

Revenge!!! Maybe we should look for their anti-HP thread and post their how we sooooo love HP. Hehe... kidding.

ReputationRep:
    hey ollie, i was just wondering if sometime could u find me some cool avatar like a pheonix or something?
    You need to find a picture yourself, then if it's the wrong size if you ask Ollie nicely he might sort it out for you ...
    After you've found a pic I suggest you PM him as he probably doesn't come on here that often.

Admittedly I had actually been reviewing the situation before I commented, however I had hoped the situation would calm, or a mod would come on and sort it.

(Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Revenge!!! Maybe we should look for their anti-HP thread and post their how we sooooo love HP. Hehe... kidding.
    I suggest we do nothing. If you start attacking them they'll probably just come back on this thread and cause trouble again. If we leave things perhaps they'll resume to post more constructively elsewhere.

---

Right, so...Harry Potter and the Ultimate Discussion.

We've discussed this before a little, but in book 5, Mundungus is in the hogs head, but disguised. We are told he was banned from the pub years ago and the barman has a good memory. Later we are told that during the prophecy someone is evesdropping but is thankfully thrown out before hearing the entire thing. So- if Mundungus is the one who overheard, he must surely be the one who informed Voldemort or a deatheater. We are told that he trusts Dumbledore who got him out of a sticky spot once. Why did Dumbledore help him? Another thing for JK to fill us in on...

I'm also very curious about Sirius' brother, more to him than we've been told?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    You need to find a picture yourself, then if it's the wrong size if you ask Ollie nicely he might sort it out for you ...
    After you've found a pic I suggest you PM him as he probably doesn't come on here that often.
    quite often, just never post really-kinda over my head!

(Original post by egan)
    however I had hoped the situation would calm, or a mod would come on and sort it.
    but ob not enough! sorry bout that peops, should be better now.

now on with the harry potter!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.