The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by hildabeast)
has nobody banned this thread yet??? It is detrimental to the IQ points of all UK-L users

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Bye bye then! If you don't like the thread and the book, don't come on it!
kikas
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
By kidnapping someone Harry loves, that would put him in danger. So the power of love won't help him much. The kidnapping thing has been used with Ginny, but it wasn't exactly the same. But that's a bit predictable if J K Rowling were to do that,isn't it?

hum...guess you're right, but what esle was to do with love? I mean is mother died by saving harry's love...that's the prof of love Dumbledore was talking about in book 1!
I was imagin something like that to happend!
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by kikas)
hum...guess you're right, but what esle was to do with love? I mean is mother died by saving harry's love...that's the prof of love Dumbledore was talking about in book 1!
I was imagin something like that to happend!
The idea that there was a spell which required the power of love (mentioned before) sounded ok. The idea was that if there was a patronus produced by happy memories, then there might be one produced by love.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The idea that there was a spell which required the power of love (mentioned before) sounded ok. The idea was that if there was a patronus produced by happy memories, then there might be one produced by love.
aren't they the same thing? over here across the pond we have the expression feel the love, which you use when ur really sad or happy....
kikas
Report 15 years ago
Ok, only more 5 pages to read...I'm geting there...lol!

Happy memories is a bit diffrent from love...
if voldie would realy kidnapping someone harry loved...how would he know wchit personne idnapp?ron ermy and now in book 5 ginny, neville and luna, have fought death eaters with harry, but they never saw voldie, and voldie never saw then...if you know what I mean!
Voldie had to put another spy in hogwatrs to do that, now that a lot of death eaters are in prision and they can realy talk to voldie...and if they could, would they remember who was there, that night with harry.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikas)
Ok, only more 5 pages to read...I'm geting there...lol!

if voldie would realy kidnapping someone harry loved...how would he know wchit personne idnapp?ron ermy and now in book 5 ginny, neville and luna, have fought death eaters with harry, but they never saw voldie, and voldie never saw then...if you know what I mean!
Voldie had to put another spy in hogwatrs to do that, now that a lot of death eaters are in prision and they can realy talk to voldie...and if they could, would they remember who was there, that night with harry.
love equals hapiness, where there is luv there is happiness
Xenon
Rep:
?
Hmmmm. Did Voldie know that there was an order before, and if so did he know who was in it?
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by curryADD)
But happiness doesn't equal love!
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
But happiness doesn't equal love!
true, but the two can go hand in hand.......and over here, we consider happiness to be love, for example: your lying on the ground looking at the clouds and are happy: you are in luv with life!
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
True.

(Original post by KiKas)
i dont think it would be that hard for voldie to find out who´s important to harry....he could just ask malfoy.
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Hmmmm. Did Voldie know that there was an order before, and if so did he know who was in it?
i think he did know, wormtail could have told him.
Xenon
Rep:
?
true, but the two can go hand in hand.......and over here, we consider happiness to be love, for example: your lying on the ground looking at the clouds and are happy: you are in luv with life!
The only times when Harry was probably in love with life was when he was with his friends or godfather (or playing quidditch). Apart from then, he didn't have too much to be in love with life about.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
The only times when Harry was probably in love with life was when he was with his friends or godfather (or playing quidditch). Apart from then, he didn't have too much to be in love with life about.
well he had ron and hermione.........and it never said he was happy at the dursleys!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Totally random, but I wonder how powerful Tom Riddle was whaen he was about Harry's age. Would he have been more or less powerful then Harry is now? After all, Harry has to fight a strong fully grown wizard.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Totally random, but I wonder how powerful Tom Riddle was whaen he was about Harry's age. Would he have been more or less powerful then Harry is now? After all, Harry has to fight a strong fully grown wizard.
hmmm i dont think he was anymore powerful, just more brilliant with more ambition!
kikas
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by leroylina)
i think he did know, wormtail could have told him.

Agree...but was wormtail in the order...when moody(I think it was him) was showing harry some pictures of the personnes who were a part of the order, wormtail wasn't there! maybe he didn't show because of what wormtail did with sirius, but still if was from the order he had to there in the pictures!!
kikas
Report 15 years ago
hmmm i dont think he was anymore powerful, just more brilliant with more ambition!

yeah...thank's to his ambition, tom or Voldie, got where he wanted...I mean afther leaving hogwarts tom spnet a lot of time messing around with the dark arts...and thank's to that, he became the 2º gratest wizard in the world?
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kikas)
Agree...but was wormtail in the order...when moody(I think it was him) was showing harry some pictures of the personnes who were a part of the order, wormtail wasn't there! maybe he didn't show because of what wormtail did with sirius, but still if was from the order he had to there in the pictures!!
he was in the picture....he was sitting between lily and james
lou p lou
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
he was pretty clever + he obv knew enough dark magic to make the diary to open the CoS.

lou xxx
kikas
Report 15 years ago

Love is a feeling more stonger then happiness...hapiness can do away by discovering something bad! Imagin you are realy happy and then(exemple) you remeber you have a test tomorow...you get upset...just an exmple. Love can't go away just like that...if you realy love someone nothing can make you change your mind...
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (114)
26.21%
No (321)
73.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise