Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    yeah...thank's to his ambition, tom or Voldie, got where he wanted...I mean afther leaving hogwarts tom spnet a lot of time messing around with the dark arts...and thank's to that, he became the 2º gratest wizard in the world?
    bumbledore said that tom riddle was one of the best students he´d ever seen in hogwarts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    he was in the picture....he was sitting between lily and james

ohhh...ok! bad company james and lily had, in that pic!lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    Love is a feeling more stonger then happiness...hapiness can do away by discovering something bad! Imagin you are realy happy and then(exemple) you remeber you have a test tomorow...you get upset...just an exmple. Love can't go away just like that...if you realy love someone nothing can make you change your mind...
    no my point is that they go hand in hand.......why would you get unhappy about a test? reality check.......LOVE IS HAPPINESS ON A GREATER LEVEL......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    bumbledore said that tom riddle was one of the best students he´d ever seen in hogwarts.

True...he was the perfec stundent, and that's why nobody suspected of him until he "bethraid" hagrid, with the chamber of the secrets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    no my point is that they go hand in hand.......why would you get unhappy about a test? reality check.......LOVE IS HAPPINESS ON A GREATER LEVEL......

ok, ok!lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    True...he was the perfec stundent, and that's why nobody suspected of him until he "bethraid" hagrid, with the chamber of the secrets!
    betrayed you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Got to go now!!!
    see you tomorow.

kisses to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    betrayed you mean?

lol, yeah, something like that!!:P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Hmmmm. Did Voldie know that there was an order before, and if so did he know who was in it?
    Of coarse! he had almost all of them killed! when moody is showing harry the pitcure he was saying how they were killed by death eaters, and one volde killed himself.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, at the end when dumbledore says to reform the order, he mentions mrs. figg, but she is a squib, so is she doing something to help, or just making sure harry is ok?
    Also, he mentions abrella figg in front of harry, and doesn't harry know thats her first name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Hey, at the end when dumbledore says to reform the order, he mentions mrs. figg, but she is a squib, so is she doing something to help, or just making sure harry is ok?
    Also, he mentions abrella figg in front of harry, and doesn't harry know thats her first name?
    I reckon that her job is to look after Harry. As a squib, she can't perform any magic, especially as we saw with the dementors. She can't help fight Voldie or anything. No, I think that making sure that Harry is ok is fine for her.

ReputationRep:
    AHHHH my computer can't handle this avatar stuff, every time i try to get one, my computer goes to this page about changing my profile! I don't get it!!!

ReputationRep:
    AHHHH my computer can't handle this avatar stuff, every time i try to get one, my computer goes to this page about changing my profile! I don't get it!!!
    AAAAAH!!!! Me too!!! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I reckon that her job is to look after Harry. As a squib, she can't perform any magic, especially as we saw with the dementors. She can't help fight Voldie or anything. No, I think that making sure that Harry is ok is fine for her.
    Yeah, and probably to look out for unexpected/suspicious happenings... such as a dementor attack in a Muggle place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Totally random, but I wonder how powerful Tom Riddle was whaen he was about Harry's age. Would he have been more or less powerful then Harry is now? After all, Harry has to fight a strong fully grown wizard.
    really powerful, I believe. He probably got everything... the smarts, the skills, and all that.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm do you guys think some of harry's powers come from the fact that his wand contains one of Fawks's feathers?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm do you guys think some of harry's powers come from the fact that his wand contains one of Fawks's feathers?
    Well, of course, the power of a wizard would probably depend on the wand. But probably, the reason why Harry could fight off Voldemort or can be his equal is that their wands are of the same feathers. Probably, Fawkes would be of more help in the last books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    Well, of course, the power of a wizard would probably depend on the wand. But probably, the reason why Harry could fight off Voldemort or can be his equal is that their wands are of the same feathers. Probably, Fawkes would be of more help in the last books.
    The wand chooses the owner. I think that the wand sensed the power within Harry, and therefore chose him. Riddle's wand must have sensed the same amount of power in him when it chose Riddle. It's the wand that chooses the owner, not the owner chosing the wand. Harry was powerful before he got the wand, and the wand alllows him to bring that power out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    The wand chooses the owner. I think that the wand sensed the power within Harry, and therefore chose him. Riddle's wand must have sensed the same amount of power in him when it chose Riddle. It's the wand that chooses the owner, not the owner chosing the wand. Harry was powerful before he got the wand, and the wand alllows him to bring that power out.

Good Morning. I hope everyone had a nice weekend. You all have been very busy over the weekend. I see there were some troublesome posters. Hopefully they will not come back.

I think I understand the wand issue. When Voldie tried to kill Harry that's when he transferred some of his powers to Harry. Therefore, when the wand chose Harry it was getting some of Voldie's vibes.

What I am wondering is were both wand created at the same time, or was Harry's wand made after the attack by Voldie? If it was made after the fact then Fawkes or whoever (Dumbledore) gave the feather thought that Harry would need to have a wand that was the equal to Voldie's.

I mean look at the prophacy (sp) it says that Voldie would mark him as his equal and Dumbledore believes that some power was transferred to Harry from Voldie.

Does any of this make sense to anyone? It's early here so I haven't gotten my first cup of coffee yet.

ReputationRep:
    Wow- every time I leave for hte weekend there is tons of stuff to catch up on, but what a wild time on the forum!

HP Haters- perhaps you should get some sort of hobby other than bashing other people's interests- or are you really that uninteresting a person?

Nobody do that entering thing again- it was horrible-

I dont think Harry's power COMES from his wand- I htink its just a tool to help out- like a cauldron- I htink the wands were made at the same time, cause I dont see Fawkes letting someone pluck his bottom twice-

love isn't happiness- sorry- Harry loves his parents but he's not exactly ecstatic when he thinks about him is he? You don't stop loving when you get sad- that why I think the love Patronus spell thing would be much more powerful than the happiness one- its harder to make, but isn't distracted by anything- and instead of relying on the manipulation of memories, it would come out of your 'self'

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.