The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2480
Sorry- still dont agree with the love=happiness thing- I dont think that if Harry feels love for Sirius it will make the same stag Patronus- I think it will be somehting different, more powerful-
Brooklyn
If you get the wrong wand it doesn't explode on you- People are always using each others wands- Ron used his brothers, Neville used his fathers, Crouch Jr. used Harry's, Neville used Hermione's, on and on- it just doesn't give you the BEST results- I think the little explosion if you touch the wrong one only works in the store- maybe for a wand that hasn't chosen a wizard yet- I wonder if they recycle wands....

i dont think so......it seems a bit unethical, after all it was anouther wizards wand!
Reply 2482
Brooklyn
Sorry- still dont agree with the love=happiness thing- I dont think that if Harry feels love for Sirius it will make the same stag Patronus- I think it will be somehting different, more powerful-

I wonder what Voldie's patronus would be, and if he can produce one. I have a hard time seeing him having happy thoughts or memories. Unless you count world domination as his happy thought.
Reply 2483
kcoverst
I wonder what Voldie's patronus would be, and if he can produce one. I have a hard time seeing him having happy thoughts or memories. Unless you count world domination as his happy thought.

Snake?
Reply 2484
That would make sense I didn't think of that. I don't know where my brain is today. :confused: :biggrin:
Reply 2485
OK- I submitted us for Guinness World Record notice, but it takes them 8-10 weeks to look, so keep talking!
Reply 2486
kcoverst

I think that the happy thought for voldie would be like when he killed his parent's! I know it's not a good thing, but in voldie' case that's a realy happy though...he is bad and that means that what makes to feel "ok" is when bad things happend to other people because of him.
Remember in book5 when Harry had those feelings about voldie being happy? Well I under what made him feel that way!!!
Reply 2487
He was happy because all the deatheaters had escaped from Azkaban- here's what I don't get- Sirius said you loose your mind in Azkaban, but most of them seem to be fine- in fact, I have yet to see anyone come out of there crazy-
Reply 2488
ladyblitzer
Not anyone, maybe. Those who are really close to him. You think he'd give up his life for a stranger? Even the chances of Harry saving Malfoy is small... but he probably will, you know.. to show Malfoy that they should not really be fighting or something. The saving thing would probably depend on the circumstance.

I actually think that Harry might save Draco. After all, he saved Wormtail's life and Wormtail all but killed his parents.
Reply 2489
ladyblitzer
ok. I sit (coz i'm sitting right now) corrected. LoL. Wouldn't it be crazy if Ollivander wasn't there to assist those buying wands? they'd just pick out what looks and feels good... then kaboom! Explosion and havoc everywhere!!!

I wonder how old Ollivander is. He was there when Tom Riddle came to his shop and everything. Has it been mentioned what wand Dumbledore has? Who was there before Ollivander?
Reply 2490
I think Dumbledore's wand was mentioned in Book 5 but I dont have it with me-

Ollivanders is either a family business or he not hunman- it opened in 382 (or something like that) BC- I never did notice he had to be as old as Dumbledore though- but we know through JK interviews that wizards live an extrordinarily long time :smile:
Reply 2491
Brooklyn
I think Dumbledore's wand was mentioned in Book 5 but I dont have it with me-

Ollivanders is either a family business or he not hunman- it opened in 382 (or something like that) BC- I never did notice he had to be as old as Dumbledore though- but we know through JK interviews that wizards live an extrordinarily long time :smile:

Maybe Ollivander is very very old. I would like to know if he sold Dumbledore his wand. Are phoenix' the most powerful animals then, as the 2 most powerful wizards (if Harry is one of them) have wands with a phoenix feather core?
I wonder how big other harry potter threads on other forums are. This thread has grown a lot in a short space of time.
Reply 2492
Totally off subject, but I was thinking- who is the team next year?

Harry - Seeker
Ron- Keeper
Ginny- Chaser
Katie- Chaser
??? -Chaser
??? -Beater
??? -Beater

I think it would kind of be funny if the Creevey brothers were beaters-

also- it says Harry was the youngest Quidditch player in about a century- who was the youngest before that? McGonnagal? Dumbledore?

I hope she writes "Hogwarts, A History" !!
Reply 2493
Brooklyn
Totally off subject, but I was thinking- who is the team next year?

Harry - Seeker
Ron- Keeper
Ginny- Chaser
Katie- Chaser
??? -Chaser
??? -Beater
??? -Beater

I think it would kind of be funny if the Creevey brothers were beaters-

also- it says Harry was the youngest Quidditch player in about a century- who was the youngest before that? McGonnagal? Dumbledore?

I hope she writes "Hogwarts, A History" !!

What about Neville being chaser? Someone like Seamus or someone could be it. I reckon that the Creevey brothers would be ok if they are pretty decent players. Brothers might have a greater understanding, although the understanding between the twins couldn't be beaten.
Reply 2494
Xenon
I actually think that Harry might save Draco. After all, he saved Wormtail's life and Wormtail all but killed his parents.

Another James/Snape thing. I would love to see Draco indebted to Harry.
Reply 2495
wow- I just checked out the mugglenet forums and they are LONG- joining now to see if they have any new ideas
Reply 2496
uhh- no- they are tooo long- they ask one question and start a whole new thread for it- the only good thing I saw that made me laugh was a whole discussion on what type of underwear Snape was wearing when he was turned upside down-
Reply 2497
Talk to ya'll tomorrow.
Brooklyn
He was happy because all the deatheaters had escaped from Azkaban- here's what I don't get- Sirius said you loose your mind in Azkaban, but most of them seem to be fine- in fact, I have yet to see anyone come out of there crazy-

yeah, i always wondered about that, wizards are supposed to lose their powers too. is it a mistake in the book or is there another explanation?
Reply 2499
SiriusFan
Thanx :wink:

Here is what i was talking about (chapter 16, page 336 in the american version)
" The barman sidled toward them out of a back room. He was a grumpy-looking old man with a great deal of long gray hairand beard. He was tall and thin and looked vaguely familiar to Harry."
This can't be any one he knows now, becuz obviously he would reconize them. i looked back at the part with the picture of the old order, and there was one man named Caradoc Dearborn who vanished and was never seen again. Perhapes he either was put under the imperius curse by volde and made a spy in hogsmead, which would be very helpful to volde, or maybe he fled the order for reasons we dont know. The reason i think this is it also says " The barman's eyes travled over Harry, resting for a fraction of a second on his scar." I know everyone does this, but i find it odd that he looks familiar, harry doesn't reconize him as someone he sees often, and he saw a picture with an order member that was never found.

ohh ok. thanks!!!

Latest

Trending

Trending