Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leroylina)
    yeah, i always wondered about that, wizards are supposed to lose their powers too. is it a mistake in the book or is there another explanation?
    Maybe Voldie had already got the dementors on his side, and therefore somehow ordered them not to feed on the souls of the deatheaters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Maybe Voldie had already got the dementors on his side, and therefore somehow ordered them not to feed on the souls of the deatheaters.
    yea maybe. i guess we will have to wait for book 6 (or 7 but hopefully we won't have to wait that long) until we find out.

hmmm....that is a good question though about the deatheaters not going crazy in azkaban. maybe they knew some kind of spell that would make them have less emotions like sirius did when he became a dog. that way they wouldn't be affected as much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    He was happy because all the deatheaters had escaped from Azkaban- here's what I don't get- Sirius said you loose your mind in Azkaban, but most of them seem to be fine- in fact, I have yet to see anyone come out of there crazy-
    Barty crouch's son?
    Well Sirius was kept alive because he knew he was innocent, maybe the death eaters were kept alive by the thought of rejoining volde... no that would be happy... maybe volde knows some way of repelling death eaters powers, after all they were and know are on his side.
    I bet fluer might come back (maybe she will marry bill?) and teach DADA, although she was pretty bad in GoB. I bet krum and koco.. kacoroff... well the durmstrang guy will be back.
    I have a feeling the books will end as they started ( as i have mentioned) with volde gone, but not dead and biding his time. Any new thoughts on this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    yea maybe. i guess we will have to wait for book 6 (or 7 but hopefully we won't have to wait that long) until we find out.

hmmm....that is a good question though about the deatheaters not going crazy in azkaban. maybe they knew some kind of spell that would make them have less emotions like sirius did when he became a dog. that way they wouldn't be affected as much.
    Do you mean to find out if the dementors are with volde? Or if he told them not to suck powers out of death eaters? Because we know the dementors are with volde.

If seems odd to me that the night of volde's fall, dumbledore left infant harry outside in an unknown palce, because even tho volde was gone, they were plenty of angrey death eaters on the prowl.

ReputationRep:
    We have another anti harry thread goin on...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Do you mean to find out if the dementors are with volde? Or if he told them not to suck powers out of death eaters? Because we know the dementors are with volde.

If seems odd to me that the night of volde's fall, dumbledore left infant harry outside in an unknown palce, because even tho volde was gone, they were plenty of angrey death eaters on the prowl.
    i mean to say that maybe the deatheaters knew a way of how to make the dementors not affect them while they were in azkaban. that was when the dementors were within the ministry control.

yea that is kinda odd about just leaving harry. unless dumbledore had allready put that protection thing on him. the one where as long as he is in his relations care then he cannot be harmed by volde. but i dont know if he was actually in his aunt and uncles care then. hmmm...i really dont know. that is kinda odd.

ReputationRep:
    well it might be good because the harry haters can post on that thread instead of wasting space about how they hate the books, blah, blah, blah on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    maybe..... but i thought the dementors didn´t make distinctions between the people they feed on. bumbledore in book 3 said that dementors didn´t understand pleading or excuses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    But in book 5, Umbridge was able to send the dementors to Privet Drive, so the Dementors must still be under the Ministry.

ReputationRep:
    Let them be. at least (well, I'm hoping) they won't bother bashing this thread anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    But in book 5, Umbridge was able to send the dementors to Privet Drive, so the Dementors must still be under the Ministry.
    very true.....maybe the death eaters didn´t have that many happy memories and managed to stay sane for the same reason sirius did.

ReputationRep:
    Go leroylina! one more post and you acquire a new status

Well, that's so sad about the death eaters. Not having happy thoughts and all... Maybe that's why they keep on supporting Voldemort. Their worlds are full of hate and resentment.

ReputationRep:
    Go leroylina! one more post and you acquire a new status
    yey!!! i´m respected now!!!

Well, that's so sad about the death eaters. Not having happy thoughts and all... Maybe that's why they keep on supporting Voldemort. Their worlds are full of hate and resentment.
    yes very sad, i wonder how many of them joined voldie by choice and how many did it by being manipulated?

ReputationRep:
    yey!!! i´m respected now!!!

yes very sad, i wonder how many of them joined voldie by choice and how many did it by being manipulated?
    hmm... i never thought about that. but it seems that a lot joined by choice... i'm sure wormtail did. snape.. maybe he's manipulated. just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    hmm... i never thought about that. but it seems that a lot joined by choice... i'm sure wormtail did. snape.. maybe he's manipulated. just a guess.
    yeah well i think wormtail deserves to be sad, i hope he gets caught by lupin, but is probably going to be the other way around, i mean with the silver hand and all.

ReputationRep:
    yeah well i think wormtail deserves to be sad, i hope he gets caught by lupin, but is probably going to be the other way around, i mean with the silver hand and all.
    OMG. I never thought about that. That's probably the role of the silver hand... it's gonna get Lupin, since werewolves are vulnerable against silver. Good one, leroylina.

ReputationRep:
    i am starting to read that lexicon site. i thought that the differences between the British and American versions of the book would be more different. instead it is just little phrases that are different. now i want to buy a English version of the books just because i think it would be awesome to have them. i just dont know how to get them.

sorry to talk about stupid stuff right now. i am trying to get my avator to work. if it doesnt work will someone please tell me how to get one? thanks ö¿ö
    Sorry, I know this is pages and pages back, but I've got a lot of catching up to do!

If you really want english copies of the books you should be able to order them online from www.amazon.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Damn lectures! Gonna have to come back later and read the next 10 pages of posts I've missed since I was last on on thursday!

ReputationRep:
    i mean to say that maybe the deatheaters knew a way of how to make the dementors not affect them while they were in azkaban. that was when the dementors were within the ministry control.

yea that is kinda odd about just leaving harry. unless dumbledore had allready put that protection thing on him. the one where as long as he is in his relations care then he cannot be harmed by volde. but i dont know if he was actually in his aunt and uncles care then. hmmm...i really dont know. that is kinda odd.
    Didn't Dumblydore say that the charms were placed when Petunia accepted Harry into the house after reading the letter or something. I reckon that we might see a lot more of Krum in the next 2 books, brcause he's a good character to have in. Also, maybe some people hadn't a choice to become deatheaters because their family were, or that it was their last resort, or that they were attracted by the power like wormtail, or that they were threatened... But of course the core must be made up of the purely evil ones.

ReputationRep:

I think that the dementors were working for Voldemort before his downfall and when the the Ministry set them to work at Azkaban they ignored the deatheaters and fed off of the other prisoners. Also, the deatheaters didn't feel guilty about what they did.

As far as Harry goes, the deatheaters were probably confused after Voldie disappeared and they were also trying to save their own necks. Dumbledore had time to get Harry out and safe with his Aunt.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.