The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** Watch

This discussion is closed.
kcoverst
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Peter The Great)
so yeah, any guesses as to how harry will be leaving the dursley's early this summer? Notice that each summer there's a different reason for him not to have to spend the whole year there. Book 2, rescued by Fred, George and Ron and the flying car, Book 3, ran away and lived in diagon alley, book 4 Quiddich World Cup, Book 5 rescued and brought to the OoTP HQ. What about book six? Any thoughts?
Hermione comes to the Dursley's and Dudley falls head over heals in LOVE with her and can't understand why she wants Harry to go on a trip with her and her parents. YUK!!! That is just tooooo much.
Egan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kcoverst)
Hermione comes to the Dursley's and Dudley falls head over heals in LOVE with her and can't understand why she wants Harry to go on a trip with her and her parents. YUK!!! That is just tooooo much.
Oh the possibilities...!
Xenon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
(Original post by kcoverst)
That would be pretty funny actually if Dudley did fall in love with Hermione, or with someone who Harry liked. I can't see that person feeling the same way though somehow.
Maybe Harry will have to stay at Hagwarts for a while during the holiday or something, after getting attacked by the deatheaters, and rescued by the order.
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
i´d like to see something about hermione´s parents, we don´t know anything about them except that they´re dentists. hermione hasn´t had much time to be with them in the past years and in the summer between year 4 and 5 she spent most of her time in grimmauld place. i wonder if they were ok with it, i mean do they know about voldie?
Peter The Great
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by leroylina)
i´d like to see something about hermione´s parents, we don´t know anything about them except that they´re dentists. hermione hasn´t had much time to be with them in the past years and in the summer between year 4 and 5 she spent most of her time in grimmauld place. i wonder if they were ok with it, i mean do they know about voldie?
Or possibly more to do with Mark Evans? Or do you think that they'll save him for the part when he's sorted and harry's left feeling dumbfounded, then in the middle to end of the book harry finds out about mark's lineage.
Xenon
Rep:
?
Maybe Hermione is seen as being in danger, and is therefore kept in the wizarding world surrounded by the order for her own safety. Dunno how much her parents know about what's going on. I mean at least Ron's parents are part of the order, and are always informed. Do Hermione's parens know about her many dangerous adventures and the danger she is probably in?
kcoverst
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
They probably want to keep her and Ron as close to the Wizarding world as possible because of their close friendship with Harry. They are a stabilizing factor in Harry's life. They are really the only two people Harry can count on.
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
JK said Hermione's parents were dentists and very boring- but she keeps giving little hints abotu them being upset that Hermione is away so much- but then again, so were my parents when I left for boarding school-

don't be too judgemental of Dudley- remember what pricks James and Sirius were at his age- maybe the dementor thing woke him up a bit- it WOULD be funny if he fell for someone in the wizarding world- like Ginny especially-
Brooklyn
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It just stands to reason SOME of the teachers are married or were- and if Dumbledore had kids- they wouldn't neccessarily know- he IS 150 years old- they would be at least 120- Harry could be his great great grandson for all we know- she makes WAY too big a deal out of the whole thing where purebloods are all interrelated- there has to be something big there- maybe Harry will go back to Grimmauld Place and look at that family tree again- find something interesting- I hope Lupin inherits it and Dumbledore can get that stupid screaming portrait off the wall- wait a minute- WHOS FEEDING BUCKIE?
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Brooklyn)
JK said Hermione's parents were dentists and very boring- but she keeps giving little hints abotu them being upset that Hermione is away so much- but then again, so were my parents when I left for boarding school-

don't be too judgemental of Dudley- remember what pricks James and Sirius were at his age- maybe the dementor thing woke him up a bit- it WOULD be funny if he fell for someone in the wizarding world- like Ginny especially-
To be honest, I think you might have something there. It might be a bit surprising, but it would be good if Dudley changes for the better. That way, J K Rowling would be showing the children that even bullies can become good people. We didn't see or hear too much from Dudley after Harry rescued him from the dementors, so who knows..........
leroylina
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
To be honest, I think you might have something there. It might be a bit surprising, but it would be good if Dudley changes for the better. That way, J K Rowling would be showing the children that even bullies can become good people. We didn't see or hear too much from Dudley after Harry rescued him from the dementors, so who knows..........
what i really want to know is what Dudley saw when he was near the dementor. it must´ve been bad because he became really ill , he couldn´t even speak.
Xenon
Rep:
?
what i really want to know is what Dudley saw when he was near the dementor. it must´ve been bad because he became really ill , he couldn´t even speak.
Hmmmmmmm. Harry used to collapse around dementors; Ron, Hermione and the others used to feel cold and stuff, and Dudley felt ill. I somehow can't believe that Dudley had that bad experiences, so maybe muggles feel different around dementors, and feel different effects. Harry should have told the dursleys to give durley some chocolate, as he would have felt a lot better, but I guess he had too much on his mind then.
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
maybe there's more to Hermione's parents than just dentists. they're too mysterious
ladyblitzer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Hmmmmmmm. Harry used to collapse around dementors; Ron, Hermione and the others used to feel cold and stuff, and Dudley felt ill. I somehow can't believe that Dudley had that bad experiences, so maybe muggles feel different around dementors, and feel different effects. Harry should have told the dursleys to give durley some chocolate, as he would have felt a lot better, but I guess he had too much on his mind then.
naaaah... I bet Harry wanted to see Dudley scared and all Maybe Dudley saw all his precious stuff being taken... he's kind of greedy, right? And his beating up other people backfiring, Dudley being the one beaten up.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I hope Harry loses his wand, that would be soooooooooooooo exciting!
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by ladyblitzer)
But in book 5, Umbridge was able to send the dementors to Privet Drive, so the Dementors must still be under the Ministry.
No, at the end, in the same article where he (fudge) admits volde is back, he announces the "mass revolt" of dementors from azkaban.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiriusFan)
No, at the end, in the same article where he (fudge) admits volde is back, he announces the "mass revolt" of dementors from azkaban.
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have spoilt the book for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)
NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have spoilt the book for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Haven't you been reading the other pages? We mention pretty much everything else that happens in the book.
Bhaal85
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by SiriusFan)
Haven't you been reading the other pages? We mention pretty much everything else that happenes in the book.
I dont bother! BUT YOU HAVE SPOILT THE BLOODY BOOK FOR ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Apollo
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Then why, may i ask, are u looking at a site that has a title talking about things that happen in book 5?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (16)
30.77%
No - I got the required grades (29)
55.77%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (7)
13.46%

Watched Threads