Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, there wouldn't be a portrait of Lily, James or Sirius in Dumblydore's office, because they weren't past headmaster/mistresses or teachers. Dumbledore would definitely become one. However, do you reckon that the people in the portrait e.g Professor Dipple? are dead?
    It would be pretty funny if Harry decided to become headmaster in the end.

That wasnt my point........ i know their portraits wouldnt be in dumbledores office,
    my point is, if there are portraits that can interact (like sirius's mother!!!) why cant there be an interacting sirius portrait or others like lily or james.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    That wasnt my point........ i know their portraits wouldnt be in dumbledores office,
    my point is, if there are portraits that can interact (like sirius's mother!!!) why cant there be an interacting sirius portrait or others like lily or james.
    well, we still have that to find out. maybe it's how the people die. I mean, james, lily, and sirius... they definitely died an unfortunate and unexpected death. sirius could've lived... who would've thought he'd fall into the veil? and james and lily... they just got a surprise visit from Voldemort, then they get cursed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    To be honest, I think you might have something there. It might be a bit surprising, but it would be good if Dudley changes for the better. That way, J K Rowling would be showing the children that even bullies can become good people. We didn't see or hear too much from Dudley after Harry rescued him from the dementors, so who knows..........

Good Morning ALL!

Maybe we were seeing some change in Dudley by the end of book 5. Remember he was at the station with his parents to pick Harry up.

ReputationRep:
    Hes always at the station isn't he? They don't leave him home alone.

No one should be on this site who hasn't read book 5

Dementors make you relive the worst moments of your life- they dont make you see stuff that isn't real- Dudley wouldn't imagine bad stuff happening to him, he could only see bad stuff that had happened to him- who knows what he saw, everyone has their bad memories- but the more important thing is that they made him feel like he'd never be happy again- that the number one effect by muggles and wizards alike- I doubt Aunt Petunia even HAS chocolate in the house, but Harry should have suggested it- although Dudders seems to be somewhat ok- he was well enough to accuse Harry

ReputationRep:
    I would imagine Harry might try and seclude himself more this summer...not want to have to converse with his uncle and cousin incase he gets to angry or whatever and just generally want to be alone...
    But then again I'm sure we've got to find out much more about the Dursleys this book- well- more about Petunia anyway...atleast I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    I know i posted this b4, but i have new evidence

I am almost certain that crookshanks is, in fact James Potter. I know this sounds crazy but i have the evidence:

1: In the pet shop, he jumped on Ron's head. Did he see harry?
    2: Also in the pet shop, when he jumped on Ron, he was holding scabbers (Peter).
    3: He is seen walking with Sirius across the grounds.
    4: Everytime he sees scabbers (Peter) he tries to attack him. Hermione covers this up saying it's what any cat would do.
    5: Peter fakes his death to get away from crookshanks (james in my opinion)
    6: Crookshanks (james) helps sirius into Gryffindor, when he tried to kill peter
    7:When Sirius drags Ron into the willow, crookshanks (james) 1: suddenly comes to harry and hermoine, 2: presses the knot on the willow like he knew what he was doing (james would have known) and 3: goes with them inside
    8: during the fight in the willow, when harry is attcking sirius, crookshanks (james) jumps and grabs onto to HARRY, as though trying to stop him.
    9: After Harry knocks sirius down, and Harry was thinking about killing him ( i dont know how, even in book 5 he can't do the unforgivable curses) crookshanks (james) sits on sirius and Harry thinks "so what if i have to kill this cat to get revenge for my parents" Odd how he thinks about his parents while looknig at crookshanks (james) huh? I think crookshanks (James) was trying to stop harry from doing the wrong thing (killing james's best friend)
    10: Crookshanks (james) leads the way out of the willow, as though trying to make sure he is caught
    11: Crooshankes always sits on harry
    12: (new) When harry speaks to sirius in the fire andc sirius says dung found out about the DA, crookshanks " purred loadly and aproached the fire, trying, despite the heat, to put his face close to Sirius"

(New) we also know peolple can stay on earth to remain a ghost, so prehapes james chose to stay as a cat, so he could stay with harry, but not as a uh.... person ghost. Also, obvously crookshanks can't talk, so he could not tell anyone. Maybe Lily is hedwig too...
    Now, i am really not sure how this is possible. We know James is dead, but maybe animagi can still transform after they are dead? Or maybe james used very complicated magic. You would have thought if this was true, sirius would have told harry. But i think james cannot tell anybody about it, because then voldemort would want revenge, because harry escaped him so much. This is just an idea, but i hope some of you find it some what convincing. So if you agree with me, The Marauder's were together again that night. Peter as scabbers, James as crookshanks and Sirius and Remus (Lupin) as themselves. Any one agree with me?

ReputationRep:
    I ahve someone who wants to register, but i cna't remember how to! anyone help me out?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SiriusFan)
    Then why, may i ask, are u looking at a site that has a title talking about things that happen in book 5?
    I did start off the thread saying that there would be minor spoilers, and then wanted to change it to major spoilers. But eventually the title became this. However, this was months after book 5 was released, so guess it was just assumed that people had read book 5.

ReputationRep:
    I ahve someone who wants to register, but i cna't remember how to! anyone help me out?
    I'm trying to remember how I joined. I think I went to a post and clicked on log in or something, and somehwere around it it said register or something. I'm could be totally wrong though.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think Crookshanks can be James- heres why-

1. James Animagus was a Stag- I dont think you can just sort of change your mind about which animal you want to become- I htink it has something to do with your patronus, but thats another discussion

2. If James is a cat, he isn't dead- if he isn't dead, he wouldn't have come out of Vold's wand in Book 4

3. That would be a little too cheesy, even for JK- I dont think she wants a ton of kids running around thinking their dead parents are really cats (that was a Friends episode a long time ago as well

4. When it was obvious Vold was going after James, not Lily, why would James be the one to get to stay around and where has he been the last however many years? You dont htink he would abandon his kid to the DURSLEYS

5. Hedwig can't be Lily- Hagrid bought her and brought her out to Harry- Harry didn't pick her and she didn't pick Harry- all the owls are that smart- I htink shes just a good pet

I personally think Crookshanks, Mrs. Norris, and Mr. Tibbles are all crossed with Kneazles- if Arabella Figg is a Squib, she knows all about magical creatures- they always say she has alot of cats- I bet she breeds them- in fact- they may come form the same litter- I was looking over Fantastic Beasts last night and the decription is perfect- they are highly loyal- very intelligent and GOOD AT FINDING OUT SUSPICIOUS CHARACTERS- which means he would have understood Sirius was good and Peter was bad, no matter what form they were in

ReputationRep:
    Also, J K Rowling said that when u're dead, u're dead. If u're a ghost, then u're still dead, whereas to be an animagus, u have to be alive. There's got to be something special about cats, cos they ar ementioned so much in the books, and seem to be bright creatures, and they do sound similar to the kneazles which were 1st mentioned ages ago.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah- when you're not signed in I think there's a 'log in' button and either there's a 'register' button next or click on the log on and there should be a register often- atleast I think that's right but I havn't been on the site as a non-member for ages so...

And by the way Xenon- if you didn't realise- Bhaal has no interest in HP apart from to slate it- It was mock indignation.

And I don't think Crookshanks is James- amoung other things, he'd have made more of an effort to be with Harry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    And by the way Xenon- if you didn't realise- Bhaal has no interest in HP apart from to slate it- It was mock indignation.

Yeah, I know, I was thinking that if there were any few people who were reading this thread who haven't read book 5 (probably none0, then I'd warn them, as there aren't any spoiler warnings. Ah ok, I forgot that Bhaal85 was a bit of a troublemaker around these parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yeah- when you're not signed in I think there's a 'log in' button and either there's a 'register' button next or click on the log on and there should be a register often- atleast I think that's right but I havn't been on the site as a non-member for ages so...

And I don't think Crookshanks is James- amoung other things, he'd have made more of an effort to be with Harry.

Wow, no sense in me even trying. You guys all seem pretty right to me. I think that I would be very very surprised to find out James was Crookshanks. I guess the whole staying as a cat thing and not being able to communicate could work (therefore, he would be dead and his spirit would be in a cat) or something. How about the concept of an animal guide? Dunno. Doubting the idea though.

But good to see you're out there thinking SF! Getting cold today eh? Started snowing a bit. Think we'll get much? Thy're saying upwards of seven inches by the end of it all tomorrow. Dunno if I believe all that, I'd guess maybe an inch or two if it picks up. Whacha think?

ReputationRep:
    Don't say the S Word- they've already got the rink set up here outside my window and I got a letter about tickets to the Rockettes- I'm not ready!

What does anyone think of Marietta's "SNEAK" blisters? The profs couldn't get them off by the end of last year- do you think they'll be gone? Or maybe this is more proof of how powerful Hermione is becoming?

(Original post by Xenon)
    Yeah, I know, I was thinking that if there were any few people who were reading this thread who haven't read book 5 (probably none0, then I'd warn them, as there aren't any spoiler warnings. Ah ok, I forgot that Bhaal85 was a bit of a troublemaker around these parts.

I have a great idea! Why don't we all attack bhaal85's reputation? Just keep hitting him with negative reputation points? And we can do that to any anti HP nut that comes on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peter The Great)
    Wow, no sense in me even trying. You guys all seem pretty right to me. I think that I would be very very surprised to find out James was Crookshanks. I guess the whole staying as a cat thing and not being able to communicate could work (therefore, he would be dead and his spirit would be in a cat) or something. How about the concept of an animal guide? Dunno. Doubting the idea though.

But good to see you're out there thinking SF! Getting cold today eh? Started snowing a bit. Think we'll get much? Thy're saying upwards of seven inches by the end of it all tomorrow. Dunno if I believe all that, I'd guess maybe an inch or two if it picks up. Whacha think?
    I think cats are a very intelligent animal. They know if someone will be kind to them or not. I had a cat that knew when someone didn't like her and if that person came to the house she stuck to them like glue. She also would wait until my hubby came home from work at 3am and rush up to our room and lay on his side of the bed and when he went to move her would act like she had been asleep and he was waking her up. They played this game for years. She would also pee in his shoes if he made her mad. They were so cute together. :confused:

But like I was saying Crookshanks could be a very intellegent cat. Cats are supposed to be a good companion for witches also.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    I have a great idea! Why don't we all attack bhaal85's reputation? Just keep hitting him with negative reputation points? And we can do that to any anti HP nut that comes on?
    I suggest not. He's not been so very offensive, his attempts this time were more playful I'd say. Save the negative rep for occasions where the people/person in question is really *beeb*-ing you off.

---

ReputationRep:
    This goes back to the school bully, but maybe if they are ignored long enough they will find that they aren't having any fun and go away. Just ignore them, there is nothing that says we have to responde to their posts. Plus for every post they put on this thread it makes the thread longer. World Record book here we come.

ReputationRep:
    My roomate has a cat- she calls him "Angel" I call him "Cat from Hell"- somehow despite my not liking HIM, he likes me more than her- cats are fairly vindictive and intelligent on an emotional level- but I dont think they are naturally so bright as to figure out that the giant dog was a buddy- or that a man pointing a wooden stick at someone would hurt someone- Crookshanks jumped right on Sirius's chest to block Harry's curse- thats a little overly intelligent-

speaking of kneazles- most of the beasts in FB have been mentioned in passing or in connection to something else- but htere are a few that haven't- you think they will come up? some of them have realy long two page descriptions, but i've never seen them in the books- like the Quintaped- I wonder if that one will come up- it was a LONG story-

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.