Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    Anyone can see the road that they walk on is paved in gold. It's always summer they'll never get cold, they'll never get hungry, they'll never get old and gray. You can see their shadows wandering off somewhere; they wont make it home but they really dont care. They wanted the highway, they're happy they're there today.

Their children woke up and they could find them; they left before the sun came up that day. They just drove off and left it all behind them. Where were they going without ever knowing the way?
    yeah, nice maybe this has something to do with HP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    yeah, nice maybe this has something to do with HP?
    yes perhaps there lost without harry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    thats so deep
    no im serious thats really good
    its part of a song. i dont remember what it's called but it is an old song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    somewhere (thought it was here, but I could be wrong) someone proved there were more girls- I htink it was the scene where Lupin has them each face the Bogart- there are spaces where it says "next it was a.... and next it was a.... and the numbers add up to more than the known Gryffindors, and there aren't any people from other houses there, so they would have to be Gryffindor girls-
    yea i do remember that part in book 3. *goes to check out the girls mentioned*.....hmmmm.....the only two girls mentioned by name are Parvati and Lavender Brown. the part u were thinking of is just like "crack, it turned into a rat.....crack, it turned into a rattlesnake..." it mentions a lot of the boys but only two of the girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Yup, that comment takes place in the 1st or something page.
    I don't think that Sirius was shot with the killing spell, as J K Rowling would have described it properly then. Was the reaction on Sirius' first of surprise and then of shock or something.

Wow, guess I never thought of this before, I will have to go back and read it again, but I took it as The look on his face was disbelief that she had killed him and then he was dead and fell through the veil.

I didnt really take it that going through the veil while you were alive would kill you on the other side. It is just more of a wary thing that you want to avoid, its like we all fear death and that is what the veil represents so we dont want to get to close.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lavender)
    I didnt really take it that going through the veil while you were alive would kill you on the other side.
    That's sort of the impression I got admittedly...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    That's sort of the impression I got admittedly...
    Well J K Rowling said something like Sirius' death will represnt the times when death can be sudden, and can come when you least expect it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well J K Rowling said something like Sirius' death will represnt the times when death can be sudden, and can come when you least expect it.
    Yes...and it was. It wasn't the 'big' death scene you would have expected.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    Yes...and it was. It wasn't the 'big' death scene you would have expected.
    i dunno i thought it was pretty big. Isn't it weird that you can't apparate inside hogwarts, but you can apperate into the ministry?

ReputationRep:
    Wow, guess I never thought of this before, I will have to go back and read it again, but I took it as The look on his face was disbelief that she had killed him and then he was dead and fell through the veil.

I didnt really take it that going through the veil while you were alive would kill you on the other side. It is just more of a wary thing that you want to avoid, its like we all fear death and that is what the veil represents so we dont want to get to close.
    I did think that Sirius isn't really dead coz he just fell of the veil. But... JK cried... so he must be really dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    i dunno i thought it was pretty big. Isn't it weird that you can't apparate inside hogwarts, but you can apperate into the ministry?
    If you think about it, yeah. There are probably more important stuff inside the Ministry, and yet it's like they're not protecting it that much.

ReputationRep:

hmmm i would have to agree...
    just how many people are there at hogwarts?

ReputationRep:
    Well, Hogwarts was always said to be the safest place for Harry to be. Probably for the fact that Dumbledore is there and for all of the charms and protections around the school.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm i would have to agree...
    just how many people are there at hogwarts?
    http://www.hpfgu.org.uk/faq/hogwarts.html

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, there can;t be a huge number of students. There is only one time when the Hogwarts expresss comes, and we've got to consider how many students could fit into one train. But then the train could have a charm which extended the size, but wouldn't Harry have mentioned it then. I reckon there were about 200 or so students.

(Original post by Ashley102)
    1. I think Dumbledoor will possably die at the end of the 6th book
    2. Harry will try to kill voldamort but will fail
    3. Snapes past will be reviled (such as why he left voldimort)
    4. the time turner is used to bring back sirus purhaps
    5. Harry, Fred, and George get to play Quidditch again.
    6. Maybe a connection between Harry and dumbledoor?

1. I do not think Dumbledore will die. At least not in the 6th book.
    2. My opinion is no, but I also think that there will be a twist.
    3. It's possible.
    4. Unlikely, but with a very miniscule chance.
    5. Harry will play Quidditch but not George & Fred. They are finished with school and opened up a joke shop.
    6. I doubt it, but it's possibly possible.

ReputationRep:
    For those who said they thought the Barman was Dumbledore's brother- have just remembered- a long time ago we are told he was charged with performing inapropriate charms on a goat. In the Hogs Head we are told there is a smell like goats- it's unlikely to be a coincidence (considering most people wouldn't know a goats smell, so JK probably wouldn't have used it had it not been of small significeace.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    For those who said they thought the Barman was Dumbledore's brother- have just remembered- a long time ago we are told he was charged with performing inapropriate charms on a goat. In the Hogs Head we are told there is a smell like goats- it's unlikely to be a coincidence (considering most people wouldn't know a goats smell, so JK probably wouldn't have used it had it not been of small significeace.)
    ohh good point. a job well done! *claps*
    haha im having a really good day guys so sorry if im being a bit odd!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    ohh good point. a job well done! *claps*
    haha im having a really good day guys so sorry if im being a bit odd!
    i agree that its his brother- after all why would she say he was TALL and THIN something she has used to descrice dumblydore countless of times in this particular instance? and dumbledore has a WHITE beard this guy has a GREY beard and that he looked familiar- hes only seen one picture of the guy so perhaps the reason he looks "familiar" is do to family resemblence

ReputationRep:
    i agree that its his brother- after all why would she say he was TALL and THIN something she has used to descrice dumblydore countless of times in this particular instance? and dumbledore has a WHITE beard this guy has a GREY beard and that he looked familiar- hes only seen one picture of the guy so perhaps the reason he looks "familiar" is do to family resemblence
    yea i think it is his brother. i mean why else would harry think he looks familiar. it has to be aberforth.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.