Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magic101)
    yea i think it is his brother. i mean why else would harry think he looks familiar. it has to be aberforth.
    it has to be.......so magic *asks conversationally* how old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    it has to be.......so magic *asks conversationally* how old are you?
    turning 15 in a couple of weeks. what about u?

ReputationRep:
    turning 15 in a couple of weeks. what about u?
    YES you are older!!!!!!!!! the youngest shall RULE the world! i will be turning 15 in 6 months

ReputationRep:
    yea i think it is his brother. i mean why else would harry think he looks familiar. it has to be aberforth.
    It would be a good chance to introduce Aberforth, who I think has a part to play in the story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladyblitzer)
    I did think that Sirius isn't really dead coz he just fell of the veil. But... JK cried... so he must be really dead
    She could be trying to trick us....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egan1)
    For those who said they thought the Barman was Dumbledore's brother- have just remembered- a long time ago we are told he was charged with performing inapropriate charms on a goat. In the Hogs Head we are told there is a smell like goats- it's unlikely to be a coincidence (considering most people wouldn't know a goats smell, so JK probably wouldn't have used it had it not been of small significeace.)
    Ahhh an excellent point

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    She could be trying to trick us....
    Well, she did say whoever's dead is dead. I'm guessing that we'll find out more about the veil, so that any questions we have will not be left unanswered. Hopefully, at the end of the series, we won't be left disappointed.
    Yeah, my 1000th post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Well, she did say whoever's dead is dead. I'm guessing that we'll find out more about the veil, so that any questions we have will not be left unanswered. Hopefully, at the end of the series, we won't be left disappointed.
    Yeah, my 1000th post!
    congratulations, xenon, for the newly acquired status!!! my, can't even imagine me-self reaching that much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    It would be a good chance to introduce Aberforth, who I think has a part to play in the story.
    Maybe Albus would be gone for a little while and Aberforth will be playing headmaster while he's gone or something. Or maybe he's a spy... :eek:

ReputationRep:
    congratulations, xenon, for the newly acquired status!!! my, can't even imagine me-self reaching that much!!
    Thanks.
    A few days ago, I would have been a worshipful and mighty overlord of UK learning, but the post boundaries shifted up. Oh well, just got to try harder to reach it now.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Albus would be gone for a little while and Aberforth will be playing headmaster while he's gone or something. Or maybe he's a spy... :eek:
    Is Aberforth clever enough to be a spy? I mean, Dumbledore always said that his brother wasn't too bright! Or is that not too bright compared to his high standards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Is Aberforth clever enough to be a spy? I mean, Dumbledore always said that his brother wasn't too bright! Or is that not too bright compared to his high standards?
    oh, is that so? well... maybe that's why he ended up bartending in the Hog's Head, coz he's not too bright :P

ReputationRep:
    Yay, finally finished reading all the posts, you guys have really been busy in the last week, finally got house internet now tho, so I'm back to being a regular poster! How exciting!

I don't think Aberforth could be headmaster or anything, Dumbledore says in book 4 when he's comforting Hagrid about Rita Skeeter's article that he didn't let a horrible article bother him, but he doesn't know whether or not he can read. I don't think he's a spy eother, I think that Mundungus might have been passing information to Voldemort when he was originally powerfull because of the whole being thrown out of the pub/prophacy thing.

Going back quite a way now, I don't think theres a magic uni sort of thing, but we do know that theres Auror training, so I guess theres always the possiblity of JKR writing about that if she get really desperate for money, which I doubt as shes richer than the queen! I also think book 7 should finish with an epilogue, saying what happens to all the characters who survive if she's definately not going to write any more books about Harry. I really hope she does some staories about the Marauders, and I would love to read Hogwarts, A History, but imagine how much work that'd be, she's already mentioned that its more than 1000 pages long, that'd be a mammouth project that she DEFINATELY shouldn't attempt until 6 and 7 are finished! In fact, whats she doing going in chat rooms? She should be chained to her computer writing for at least 20 hours a day!

Completely forgotten all the other points I wanted to make now, gutted!

ReputationRep:
    BTW, did anyone see the Big Read on BBC2 last weekend? They had a panel of litary buffs commenting on all the books in the top 21, and when they got to GoF they started slating it and when the only panel member defending the book asked if they'd read it they all said no, the most any of them had read was the first 30 pages! I was furious, it really annoys me when people start slating something when they've got nothing to base their views on!

Sorry, just my little rant, got it out my system now and can carry on with life as normal!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    BTW, did anyone see the Big Read on BBC2 last weekend? They had a panel of litary buffs commenting on all the books in the top 21, and when they got to GoF they started slating it and when the only panel member defending the book asked if they'd read it they all said no, the most any of them had read was the first 30 pages! I was furious, it really annoys me when people start slating something when they've got nothing to base their views on!

Sorry, just my little rant, got it out my system now and can carry on with life as normal!
    Reminds me of some other people who come onto this forum to slate HP, with no basis for their argument. Just goes to show that there are quite a few people around like that. Views based on not reading Harry Potter books, are almost pointless, and have no meaning or backbone. Sorry, I'm ranting too now.

ReputationRep:
    WOW! You all have been busy. It's nice to see we have some new members. Boy am I glad to be back. I don't think I'll be going out of town any time soon. Wrecked my car on Friday. The only good thing about the rest of the weekend was getting books 4 and 5 on audio tape.

I agree about Aberforth. Maybe Dumbledore got him the job in the village so that he could keep an eye on him. I too wish Serius would still be alive somehow, but don't see how.

ReputationRep:
    No way is Sirius alive- she said dead people are dead- there are some limits to magic- she's said it a hundred times- I dont think she would reverse that- it would be way to lame and cheesy

Barman is def Aberforth, but I dont htink Dumbledore "put him" at the Hog's Head- maybe thats Aberforths career path- maybe his rather dumb gross brother is why Albus believes so much that its not important who you were born as but what choices you make- maybe he and Aberforth were twins or something

Did you know there are Snape fan sites? There's even one girl who calls herself "Mrs. Severus Snape" -thats a little weird- but JK says we'll find out ALL of Snape's stuff in Book 7- not 6- she said that since she wrote book 3- I think its wonderful she has everything all planned out- but you think she would reveal a little but of the details while we are waiting for the next book- I did find out one thing- she apparently revealed the name of Book 5 on the Today show right after book 4 came out because a cute little boy asked her- all we need to do is mail her a cute kid.....

ReputationRep:
    Do you never get tired of talking about a mediocre example of children's literature?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    No way is Sirius alive- she said dead people are dead- there are some limits to magic- she's said it a hundred times- I dont think she would reverse that- it would be way to lame and cheesy

Barman is def Aberforth, but I dont htink Dumbledore "put him" at the Hog's Head- maybe thats Aberforths career path- maybe his rather dumb gross brother is why Albus believes so much that its not important who you were born as but what choices you make- maybe he and Aberforth were twins or something

Did you know there are Snape fan sites? There's even one girl who calls herself "Mrs. Severus Snape" -thats a little weird- but JK says we'll find out ALL of Snape's stuff in Book 7- not 6- she said that since she wrote book 3- I think its wonderful she has everything all planned out- but you think she would reveal a little but of the details while we are waiting for the next book- I did find out one thing- she apparently revealed the name of Book 5 on the Today show right after book 4 came out because a cute little boy asked her- all we need to do is mail her a cute kid.....
    I could send her a photo of my 7 year old lil bro, and ask a question.

ReputationRep:
    Hey!!
    I haven't post here since...a week ago(almost)!!! I've been realy busy because I have a lot of tests this week and the next...so I won't probably post a lot!!
    But you all were busy as well...20 pages!!!! I didn't read all posts...only a few...

Sirius is dead...so it says in book 5, he can't go back to life just like that, can he?
    I know a lot of people wanted him to be alive(including me), but if jkr brougth him back to life, that would be a little to much!
    Like Brooklyn said there are limits to magic...and it woulnd't make sense! She "killed him" in the storie...Sirius will only be mentioned again in harry's or anybody elses memorys!

I think sanpre isn't that bad has tryies to show...I mean is only human, he has feelings...I also think sanpe's atittude is because of his past. something bad happened to him...

ps- Harry Potter and the Order of the fenix, is already for sale in Portugal!!!heeeee... lol

kisses to all

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.