Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Ultimate Harry Potter Discussion thread ***including Book 6 Spoilers*** watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I could send her a photo of my 7 year old lil bro, and ask a question.

To where would you sent the question???

Hey...I know it's late but: congratulations for your 1000post!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kikas)
    To where would you sent the question???

Hey...I know it's late but: congratulations for your 1000post!!!
    Thanks
    I'm not sure where to send the question. Any ideas guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ditzy blonde)
    BTW, did anyone see the Big Read on BBC2 last weekend? They had a panel of litary buffs commenting on all the books in the top 21, and when they got to GoF they started slating it and when the only panel member defending the book asked if they'd read it they all said no, the most any of them had read was the first 30 pages! I was furious, it really annoys me when people start slating something when they've got nothing to base their views on!

Sorry, just my little rant, got it out my system now and can carry on with life as normal!

I agree...it's "stupid" when people do that about hp!
    My guess is that a lot of people don't like hp, just because it's so popular and they get tired of hearing about it, so they don't read it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Thanks
    I'm not sure where to send the question. Any ideas guys?

There are a lot of sites that may have that information...A few time ago I was in one that had daniel radclif's adress- for fans!

ReputationRep:
    HAH!!! I found it:
    J.K.Rowling
    c/o Scholastic Inc.
    555 Broadway
    New York, NY10012-3999

J.K.Rowling
    c/o Bloomsbury Publishing
    38 Soho Square
    London
    W1V 5DF
    UK

Now with one of you will writte...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Do you never get tired of talking about a mediocre example of children's literature?
    What 'mediocre example of children's literature'? *peers around*

ReputationRep:
    Do you never get tired of talking about a mediocre example of children's literature?
    At least we read more than the listing in TV Guide.

ReputationRep:
    You should write up a couple of our theories and send it in with the pic Especially the one about Aberforth Dumbledore and Mark Evans- I dont htink anyone's asked her about those in an interview- I'd send her a picture of my niece, but at 3, she doesn't actually read yet....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kcoverst)
    At least we read more than the listing in TV Guide.
    That's something, I suppose, but there are much better books available. Much better, even. One may say much, much better.

ReputationRep:
    That's something, I suppose, but there are much better books available. Much better, even. One may say much, much better.
    This really isn't a matter of what we read. It's that the plot could go alot of different ways and their are so many views. Personally I can read three books a week easy. But some of them just are not worth discussing in a broader sense. They have a beginning, middle and an end. HP books leave you guessing and to pass the time between books we enjoy guessing. Sorry if this doesn't suit sense of adventure. You must be a more down to earth type than we and not very imaginative.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    You should write up a couple of our theories and send it in with the pic Especially the one about Aberforth Dumbledore and Mark Evans- I dont htink anyone's asked her about those in an interview- I'd send her a picture of my niece, but at 3, she doesn't actually read yet....

Even if I sent a picture of my nice(she is 8)...I guess jkr would found it weird that she could writte english at that age..lol!
    It's not a bad idea to sent a letter, but I think jkr would never answer exacly, I mean she would give us an answer that would makes even more doubts!!...more posts!!!

ReputationRep:

Have you ever read harry potter's books?

ReputationRep:
    i am re-reading book 5 and have found it very useful to pick up on small things.

ReputationRep:
    Possible title is Harry Potter Book 6 is the hottest point of discussion:

Harry Potter and the Green Flamed Torch - still most likely
    Harry Potter and the Secret of Crookshanks
    Harry Potter and the Forbidden Forest
    Harry Potter and the Alchemist's Cell - #1 of 3 titles patented by Warner
    Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat - #2

Harry Potter and the Chariots of Light - #3

OtherBook 6 rumors
    Harry is 16 and will play Quidditch for England
    Lupin's brother Romulus makes an appearance, possibly as the DADA teacher
    OR Professor Quirrel's brother could be DADA teacher
    Dumbledore might be killed
    Harry and Cho become an item

The Green Flame refers to Harry Potter's eyes and his ability to burn evil
    Ron and Hermione finally date
    One of the Weasley boys is killed
    Peter Pettigrew returns
    Draco Malfoy is expelled
    Dumbledore will be revealed as Lily's father
    Source of Potter family's wealth will become clear
    Bill Weasley will have a significant role in the plot
    Aragog returns
    Fleur Delacor becomes Hogwarts teacher
    Snape revealed to be a vampire

This is from another site, some seemed very farfetched,(harry playing quidditch for england) but some seem possible. It's weird how they ahve such odd titles, when nothing about the other books have been released.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    Harry Potter and the Secret of Crookshanks
    I don´t think so. They already had a pet that wasn´t what they thought it was, so I think it would be a little repetitive. I think Crookshanks is just a really clever cat, this has been discussed before.

Dumbledore might be killed
    Definitely, but not in book 6, He´s probably going to get killed in the last battle, that way Harry is left alone to fight Voldemort.

Draco Malfoy is expelled
    That would be great!! but Harry needs an enemy inside Hogwarst, someone to make his day awful, and I know He has Voldie for that, but JK seems to like putting Harry in pain.

ReputationRep:
    I was just reading a GREAT story that someone wrote about book 6. It mentions having a pheonix on sale. Harry doesn't buy it, but he is tempted. Wouldn't it be great if he buys one?? The site is: http://www.writing.com/main/view_ite...item_id=743864

ReputationRep:
    I hope that Harry does get a phoenix, but maybe Dumbledore will give him one for his birthday or something.
    As for the titles, I doubt that the one including Crokshanks' name would be used, as none if J K Rowling's titles have been that obvious. I have a feeling that one of the weasleys might die in the next book, and surely that will make J K Rowling cry even more. But if she says that the death broke her heart, then I have a bad feeling that one of the twins could die. I hope that Charlie or Bill do get a greater role, as they are brilliant characters, and I would love to hear more from them. Also, I would actually love Harry to lay for England. I'm sure he could actually be good enough. Harry needs something like that in his life, so no matter what happens, his life won't be all doom and gloom. After all he's been through, he deserves it. Either that or playing for chudley cannons.

ReputationRep:
    read the graffiti in Fantastic Beasts- Harry doesn't like Chudley- I think he would be more for Puddlemere United- Dumbledore's favorite team- and doesn't Wood play for them as well?

Half those titles are stupid- they aren't very HP- maybe the Pyramids one but I dont see how those would come to Hogwarts, and the Forbidden Forest one would have been good at the beginning, but we know too much about it now-

no WAY is Dumbledore Lily's father- her last name would be Dumbledore for starters- also she wouldn't be a mudblood- she'd be a half-blood- maybe he's related to the Potters, but I doubt Lily-

I think the green eyes thing is important, but I dont know about burning evil- must be some sort of Slytherin thing though, right? maybe it turns up randomly like metamorphmagi (the name of which btw reminds me of vitametavegamin)

ReputationRep:
    and I doubt he'd play for England in book 6- he missed almost all of last season, remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooklyn)
    read the graffiti in Fantastic Beasts- Harry doesn't like Chudley- I think he would be more for Puddlemere United- Dumbledore's favorite team- and doesn't Wood play for them as well?
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that.
    Although Harry missed the most of last season, he's probably still the best seeker and flier in the school. Maybe not in book 6, but I reckon it'd be cool if it happened at the beginning of the last book, before all the action and drama takes place.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.